Bought a led recently

bought a led recently I was happy seeing the veg plants improving but bottled out using it for flowering, think I need bigger or more and am not sure if its worth it for the cost is quite high.

5 Likes

Just pulled 5 ounces out of a 2x2 under some blurple LEDs they grow buds just fine just can’t let the plants veg forever before flipping

4 Likes

If you have moderate DIY skills you can build one cheaply.

3 Likes

There are different LED lamps, regarding the flower stage, check this article … :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Which one did you buy?

Like @TheShowMeHomie I pulled 10oz out of a 2x4 using LED.

2 Likes

What’s the wattage of your light? What’s the size of your grow room for flower? For a 3x3 grow area I’d suggest an led with at least 250 watts draw. I have a 3x5 grow space and went with spider farmer sf4000 which draws 450 watts but an sf 2000 (250 watts) would have prob done the job just fine. I just looking for those right heavy flowers

1 Like

It’s a pair of California Light Works solar flare 220 each pulls 160watts I believe I would have pulled close to that with one the second really just made shit foxtail when I added it half way through flower

This was also mind you with solo cups and one gallon bags I averaged about 10 grams a cup and about 30 a grow bag (3/4 full )

3 Likes

Mine is 300w for the 2x4. It’s a mars. It did 3 good sized plants at a little over 3oz per plant.

It was my first run with new gear and I was very impressed.

5 Likes

Very nice I would like to get a 2x4 to put them both in just don’t have the space and then I would have to actually ventilate things properly instead of my high tech two fan clip on fan at the back vent system :joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

U would think 250 would be drastically underpowered for a 3 x 5 would think it would have to stay close to the top of the tent to get coverage

1 Like

I hear you. I used to vent a 250 hps using a big computer style fan. Worked great but would not have supported a carbon filter.

For what it’s worth my 4” inline works just fine set to low with a carbon filter attached :slight_smile:

1 Like

It helps I keep the house at 65 degrees temps in tent average around 85

Much easier to control temp when there is a canopy

2 Likes

I generally use a 600hps and I would be disappointed if I only got 5oz

2 Likes

Out of a 2x2?

4 Likes