Brazilian Seed Company

Having a issue with a transaction that took place almost a year ago. Found a somewhat well known breeder/distributor on IG and proceeded to make a purchase. Made payment and sent shipping info two days before their IG account was deleted. The transaction was 100% completed. Before account was deleted I was told the package would be shipped from an associate in the US but never arrived.

It took eight months for me to catch up with this person. They have several postings on strainly.

I contacted them and explained that I never received a package and was told that they thought the associate had taken care of it and promised to send it themselves. Was told it was shipped 28 days ago from a location near a northern part of South America.

I finally messaged them yesterday to inquire about how long shipping usually takes from their location. Also gave them an invite to join us here at OG. No reply but there have been a few new posts on IG and new strainly postings in the last two days so I am pretty sure that they are active.

In the past I have tried to be as understanding and patient as possible because sometimes life happens.

How long do you wait before making a bad review? I do not wish to bad mouth anyone really but I do not wish for other patients to have this experience.

So OG…what are your thoughts? Continue being patient and see what happens? Or light em up?

8 Likes

You have been far more patient than I would have been. You have every right to make it public, and I feel you really owe it to other potential buyers who might also get screwed.

If that person has treated you this badly, they will certainly repeat it with others.

I say flame away and be content that you are doing the right thing.

10 Likes

is that company Brazilian Seeds??, if so this is my experience:

I purchased some seeds to him in the past, to be more precise, Tom Hills Haze and Manga Rosa, unfortunately he didn’t have manga Rosa in Stock, ( He realised after I made the payment)
So he sent me double pack of Tom Hills , with out let me know before hand ,nor the out stock or the replacement, it took nearly a month or so to reach UK.

The guy said it will make it right with my.(I’m still waiting and i bet he will never do), but he doesn’t look like a scammer in my opinion, but certainly he has to improve his customer service a bit.

Also bare in mind with this Coronavirus scenario everything is taking longer than expected, wait a couple of weeks more, if the package still doesn’t show up, I’m sure you have a payment proof/receipt of the transaction, just post it on the social media and tag him , he cannot pass of that

11 Likes

A couple of months, maybe (if they are communicating and not BSing).

It’s a year later, you have to chase them around, popping up in random places, they’ve stopped responding, and you haven’t received anything?

If the recounting is accurate, there’s no problem with letting others know the details of your experience over such a long time frame. Who is it?

12 Likes

My thoughts are take the company to the hole and kick them in…

That’s why I tell people to use reputable seed banks and breeder websites… When buying from people over their page on insta or twitter, you should expect to get ripped off by the young hype brigade… there’s no honor among thieves or teenagers

But damage is done by them, so incite your own damage

15 Likes

True that im sure big bags of hemp seeds or Mexican Reggie seeds are sitting in some “breeders” living room being packaged up as the blunts get rolled

9 Likes

:nauseated_face: Oh man I can smell it now…Mexican dirt weed in a big arse blunt passed around to half a dozen teens and it was wet, cold and just Fing nasty as hell!
I remember my first bag of dank weed, shortly after this time. When I got back to town these little hood rats were my new best friends! Didn’t need anymore friends esp those peps!

A YEAR??? Who the hell was it? Why do you care (about them) after so much time? They have your money so do what ya gotta do! You have a lot of patience my friend, I would throw them under the bus. :facepunch:

6 Likes

Thanks @anon32470837, @Pakore, @Northern_Loki, @toastyjakes, @TheShowMeHomie, @NovaSphere. I appreciate your input on this predicament.

It is indeed Brazilian seed company. I have hopes that it is something beyond Luizs control. He did mention that carnivals had the post shut down before mailing but had indicated that the closure had passed by mailing? And, if there was time to post on IG and strainly there was likely time to respond to a neglected transaction.

Ultimately you are all correct. I try my best to not leave folks hanging when I gift seeds and don’t deserve to be treated this way as a customer.

I was trying to attain some pure sativas to use as a stimulant for work. Fatigue bit me a couple years back and the adderall doesn’t work on me. Puts me right back to wanting to curl up on the couch with the dog for a nap.

At least that’s what I tell myself. Has nothing to do with an advanced stage seed addiction:) I’m sure some of you may know someone who’s struggling or is in recovery:). We all have our demons.:slight_smile:

Hopefully Luiz will make it right so I can give some kind of positive update in the future.

Yes…I do suffer from a serious case of infinitely hopeful optimism…it’s the best I can do:)

12 Likes

wow i guess that’s the danger of dealing with IG… they weren’t active on any other forums or e-mail?? or did you just not look too hard and give up until you happened to see him by chance on strainly?

because tbh if you didn’t make every attempt to contact him a lot sooner, i can understand him being skeptical of the story being so long ago… but if he just disappeared for 8 months i’d question his reliability

2 Likes

He was not skeptical at all. He was able to recall that he did not send the seeds and said that he thought his state side partner had sent them.

I tried all points of contact that I could find. I sent messages to the email that was provided by Luiz for payment details…tried his homepage…messaged his profile on Mr.nice forum…No reply.

It took three tries over two months and me asking if I had been ripped off to finally get a response from him on strainly. The most recent review on strainly is not a positive one. Someone else who didn’t get their package.

It’s been almost two weeks since I last messaged him on strainly. Since there has been no response I’m pretty sure I am being ignored. At this point I’m done with it. Not trying to demonize the guy…just a buyer beware kind of thing.

Too many positive things to focus on:).

7 Likes

Personally I really like your approach to this situation, you’re trying to keep hope alive. Also if you go all in, it will just put more space between you two, and give this dipshit an excuse for you not getting your gear, citing your negative response. In retrospect he does deserve tha bad press for muddying up the already stigmatized weed enterprise, if he hasn’t fixed this by now, maybe his plan is to duck n dodge you til you give up. At the very least I’m sure you’d settle for some communication as to how you can get your situation settled.
So now it’s up to you to make his seed business difficult for him to make a buck, give us all a link, and as your forum brothers and sisters we can leave reviews as well.

6 Likes

Thanks @Indoornesian.

Am feeling a little shitty for not being more patient.
I did hear back from Luiz on strainly today after I messaged a new to me bsc profile on IG…long post put short…

Sorry for the delay on answering you

The p.o. didnt give any code of your beans because they dont have the estimated time to deliver cause of the new covid 19

Covid was mentioned earlier as a possible reason for the delay. I may have jumped the gun by not considering the possible extent of delays.

I’m starting to think that @Pakore is correct. Luiz doesn’t seem like a scammer but could brush up on the customer service.

5 Likes

what is Luiz or BSC under in Instagram?
Or Facebook. Or a new website?
I hope he comes back to life to supply seeds again.
I couldn’t find him anywhere
Dan

Unfortunately, I had the exact same experience with Brazilian Seed Company. I waited for months after I paid to get my seeds but nothing. I was dealing dealing with Luiz’s “partner” here in the states. This guy way horrible. He never responded to my many inquiries, he just completely ignored me. Finally I got hold of Luiz who spoke with this guy. After making a bunch of excuses he finally sent me the seeds. When I got them they were so poorly packaged that a couple were destroyed. If this weren’t bad enough, he only gave me 3-4 seeds per strain. I was supposed to get 7 seeds of each strain. It was just ridiculous. Also I’m pretty sure he just gave me shir genetics as well. I grew out the Manga Rosa and it was horrible. Firstly, it took nearly four months for it to start flowering. When it did flower it had literally zero aroma and zero resin after another 4 months of flowering. Eventually it had more male pollen sacks then female calyxes. I think the problem with BSC is the American partner. I never had these problems dealing with Luiz directly in the past.

3 Likes

That actually sounds like the real magna rosa. If it flowered in two months id be woried

Talk about. A night mare. It’s two years later is he make it right ? @PMedgrower fidbhe also make it right with you and @Northern_Loki did he makes it right with you ? Any time I’ve ran out of seeds that were purchased I gave a extra pack and once a replacement was in with 1-2 months tops they got that plus another pack . But making customers wait months and months and months or years is…. Suspicious

1 Like

Luis partner is under this name on IG,m.

He did explain what happened with Luis, for what I do remember he went out of business and he is kind of taking over of BSC in USA. Still there is an awful lot of post that is just drama.
Not really looking forward to get genetics from BSC anymore if I’m honest.
I know there are very different landraces but I would stick with the real seed company for reliability and sourced genetics.

2 Likes

I guess I got lucky with the BSC because all my orders arrived without incident. They came directly from Brazil and took about three weeks to arrive.

2 Likes

Reason for me asking now is Brazil seed co claiming I don’t have haze and questioning other breeders such as topdawg as to the validity of the sativas and hazes we grow / breed in Jj’s end. I gave him fair warning to chill out and hustle his seeds without causing issues . as I work with a variety of breeders I always check their rep. And topdawg is solid as they come… But he decided to troll my SsH x afgani last night for attention and I took that offenses to that on the business end . So if we’re being technically about it this is awhile middle man operation with someone named luiz in South America who to my knowledge is a snitch .

Yeah you got lucky, seems like they have multiple people running their page , with luiz sending seeds out of Brazil and making promises that his connect stateside will make Eveything proper , a bunch of smoke and mirrors and rocks being thrown from a glass house if you ask me . I’ve yet to read 1 great review and that smells like bullsh!!!