Felony theft : instagram @THEREALTOPDAWGSSEEDS (imposter account) stole over 500 dollars from me

Got a pack of Sour91 from darkstar seedbank. Only got 2 plants from the pack to go the rest were duds with black neck sprouts that died within days. So I sent an email to darkstar with my issue and they never responded. A month goes by and I decided to message realtopdawgseeds on instagram. He tells me he has SourDieselBX4 he has three packs left and I can get one for the special deal of 300. I say Ok sounds good I will get you the money. He wants bitcoin and I give him the money. He then tells me he needs a week to mail them I say ok.
A week and a few days go by he says to me " I mailed the seeds and I need another hundred for ā€œinsuranceā€ so I am pissed but what can I do I have to pay him again. So I pay him extra on top of the 400 I sent him 50 or 60 extra just to get the process done as sort of a tip. So hes almost to 500 dollars now and tells me here is the tracking on your package he used ā€œglobalpostshippingā€ they tell me their security team needs 300 dollars to let the package thru. I tell him no way and to go pound salt. Beware this user and anything he says is a lie. I gave him extreme amount of time to respond he choose to ignore me. Screenshots will be posted as we go I gave him ample time weeks and weeks and weeks to fix it. He kept the money and ran. Total stolen 460 plus bitcoin fees over 500 total as well as the attempted extra 300 from his friends. I told him I was not going to post this and let him steal my money. That gave me time and cleaned out so I can post with confidence. Never let a scammer get the next guy. I fell for it make sure you do not. Beware so you do not get scammed like I did.

4 Likes

Yeah man pretty sure you got scammed

I donā€™t think thatā€™s his page

So no itā€™s just a scammer JJ NYC has a different page
I can send him your info if youā€™d like Iā€™m sure heā€™d like to know and he will empathize
We talk on my other page
AND JUST A DISCLAIMER GUYS
thereā€™s SO many scammer pages on IG

7 Likes

Wait no thatā€™s his page lol @therealtopdawgseeds

Wait nope you got scammed if there wasnt a THE I front of itā€¦ haha JESUS

And again it even took me a second and I should know it lol

Letting him know rn

wait I glossed over it, ok guys

Thereā€™s so many red flags here

some people like myself when I have sold seeds not of my making on occasionā€¦ I do generally ask for btc but Iā€™m a private person

Red flags

1. BTC
  2. Oh something didnā€™t work or I need more to send it
  3. They send first reply quickly
3 Likes

Hes blocked and can respond in this thread. I told him we were going to take care of it privately or this way weeks ago. He chose this way and yes total scammer regardless if itā€™s him or not. If my seeds show up or the money is returned I will update the thread. Otherwise this is a thief not to trust.

1 Like

There two SS dude

Itā€™s not topdawgs seeds

JJ isnā€™t a scammer

the title of this thread should be changed to watch ā€œout for scammers on IG they add letters, buy followers and screen shot the people theyā€™re pretending to beā€™s postsā€

Iā€™m confident youā€™ll be taken care of

But thatā€™s just him being a good guy if so, this isnā€™t his fault and itā€™s rampant on IG.

4 Likes

You will never receive seeds from this person
Your money is gone
That is a fake account

4 Likes

The real topdawg seeds
Not topdawgs seeds

4 Likes

Of course it is and I know the funds are stolen. That is the only reason I posted was to warn others.

5 Likes

I have so many friends on IG that are constantly trying to shut down and report all these fake pages of themselves

I would assume thereā€™s probably a few people who slightly change ya knowā€¦ 20 well known peopleā€™s names on a new account, screen shot all their posts, buy followers to sometimes even show up on search before the actual people.

They always ask for btc so they canā€™t get caught (it actually can be traced pretty easily these days, itā€™s not as anonymous as it once wasā€¦ viva la Moneroā€¦)

And they get people all the time.

3 Likes

So post the BTC wallet address you sent too so I can look at it on the blockchain

Might be able to Sherlock Holmes some shit lol

6 Likes

SCAMMERs wallet im sure I am not the first.

1 Like

Thatā€™s shitty af, donā€™t buy on instagram. Itā€™s way to easy for scammers in a grey market like seeds where thereā€™s no real recourse you can take. Seedsherenow carries top dawg, think dcseedexchange does too. Youā€™re unlikely to get anything back but who hasnā€™t learned an expensive lesson or two in their lives? Iā€™d even be kind of wary shopping on strainly, but they seem to sort of self police.

10 Likes

Thatā€™s def not JJ account. I can for sure say that. Def seems like you got a duplicate account run by a scammer, which sucks ass, and is par status quo for IG. I have JJā€™s email and will email him about this. Damn man that stinks.

Edit. I messaged JJ with a link to this thread. Though it is not him from what I can see in the screenshots this isnā€™t the first time that he has brought it to the community that scammers are alive and well. And that there are verified vendors of seeds. I believe that darkstar may have had a few issues as of late that Iā€™ve seen pop up on IG.

11 Likes

I updated the thread title to not reflect on the real guy JJ is not his fault.I got scammed and look stupid but I wanted to warn others as it is easy to fall into this trap. Instagram will not delete the imposter so they obviously like this happening. Par for the course with big tech companies. This imposter needs shut down he is a very bad person. I am sure he thinks in his twisted mind he earned the money. Karma will catch up to him it always does. Goofy fuckers out there beware friends. Il find another way to get the real diesel. Live and learn.

11 Likes

Damn. That sucks that you got scammed like that. :rage:
Hopefully the universe sends something your way to make up for the loss :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

It sucks this happened to you. I know reporting him to Instagram wonā€™t get you your money back, but it might help the next guy NOT get scammed. If you report that scammerā€™s IG page as someone who is selling drugs, they will shut him down if you and a few others notify them.

If you post a link to the scammerā€™s IG page, I will submit a notice to IG right away. If you and a few others do the same thing, that should do it.

9 Likes

Found it and reported them

6 Likes

Thanks for the replys and advice. Its better to look dumb to save the next mans wallet. I always warn the next man. Thatā€™s what I tell the young mechanics. Never steal and ALWAYS look out for the next man you only can help yourself. Itā€™s crazy I would never steal one dollar from another man. Scammers and psychopaths make no sense to me. I cant understand the reward they get harming others. I should have looked closer at the name on the account I would have seen the SS. Dude is bad news and for sure will do it again and again.

6 Likes

Sorry to hear you lost your money, it happens a lot.
Buyer beware.
I have seen this with just about every breeder nowā€¦imposter account thing

Bog seeds is anotherā€¦ scammers rule instagram, buy seeds elsewhere folks.
Instagram seems to promote the scammers too.
I think there are more scammers on instagram than real people.

4 Likes