Breeding Auto Feminized Seeds

you will see that making and growing your own crosses is even more fun than growing seeds from breeders

this is my STS experience

13 Likes

It looks like more fun hahaha, and what are your thoughts on STS? Any bad experience ?

I’m thinking about regular auto seeds to breed, but it is hard to find regular, especially on my country.
I’m very excited to grow my own crosses hahaha
I’m looking into crossing my 2 favorites autos:
Purple kush auto from dutch passion and LSD auto from barney

3 Likes

Welcome!
I’ve never tried STS, but it looks a lot easier and less time consuming that colloidal silver.

4 Likes

it’s my first experience with STS and if you do right the things it’s easy

I don’t know what to answer you because some people prefer STS and some people prefer colloidal silver

I prefer STS for it’s simplicity but I’m a newbie comparing with other growers here

Maybe use the tool “search” to find some threads about STS and ask your question to people who know more than me

All the best

3 Likes

Welcome.

See breed with auto plants it’s a little tricky and if do properly takes quite a lot to develop a new strain first you should have a regular auto strain with some desirable traits (size, resin,buds, leaflets etc) once achieve that through the STS you can lock up does traits and make them stable on the off spring ,
But for that you must work on a strain first

Other side is if you just want to make seeds for your joy, then,go ahead and chucking everything you can, between feminized autos, autos with photoperiodic plants. Ruderal landraces etc…eventually you’ll get what you are looking for.

3 Likes

Welcome to overgrow. Check out my Auto Projects thread. I have lots of info on breeding autos along with examples using CS.

11 Likes

nice to know that function ! first time using a forum ahahah

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the knowledge first ! This looks like a very good advice.

1 Like

Thanks a lot ! I’ll ready everything about your auto project. Thanks for letting me know man. :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:
people here are the nicest I ever found on internet

3 Likes

Hey man, sorry to bother you, but i have one more question, because the science of this doesnt make sense a lot for me
So, If I cross 2 auto feminized seeds, plant their seeds and cross the seeds again ? What will happen ? For how long can I make this ? Can I make a viable, stabilized seed this way?

3 Likes

This is called line breeding. It can work pretty well, but there is a tendency to lose vigor the more you inbreed them.

3 Likes

Is it the case that they loose vigor in all cases, even in the event of highly selective breeding (I.e. Only reproducing/working progeny that improve upon the parents?) My suspicion is that vigor decline comes from the bottle neck caused by small seed packets and partial packets.

Hello

It depend on what you do
Exemple 1 :
Cross 1 : A x B = AB (different influence of A or B in every seeds, and it dépends of the potential of influence of the mother and the father too)
Cross 2 : AB x AB = AB (here you can choose the female and male with the caracteristics you want but you are sure of nothing)
Cross 3 : etc…

Exemple 2
Cross 1 : A x B = AB
Cross 2 : AB x C = ABC (this exemple remember a friend that love make crosses : A is tasty, B is potent, C have a big yield)

Exemple 3
Cross 1 : A x B = AB
Cross 2 : A x AB (male) = AB1 (normally with more influences of A on average (only if A is same or more influent in the crosses than B)
Cross 3 : A x AB1 (male) = AB2 (even more influence of A (only if A is same or more influent in the crosses than B))
Cross 4 : A x AB2 (male) = AB3 (at this step you made a cubing (please see kaliman with his cheese. It’s a good exemple because Cross 3 has more with cheese than cross 4. Normally it’s the other way but law of nature is very complicate to understand)

They are a lot of possibilities, that’s why breeding is fun : you don’t contrôle nature and don’t know what will happen :slight_smile:

So :

• yes you have to try to know your results. Nothing is predictable in breeding
  • A can be more influent than B but less influent than C
  • the results of crosses like A x B or different than crossing B x A
  • the plants will loose vigor, only, if your crosses and grows are made indoor. If it’s made outdoor, children will have adapted more naturally to your climate (the mother has transmitted this adaptation to them because it is a natural phenomenon). You can try this phenomenon with plants,animals, even humans

Best regards

3 Likes

When crossing siblings repeatedly (line breeding), you lose hybrid vigor. It’s not really due to selection. One way around that would be to breed seperate lines, each with a desired trait, then combine them to re-gain some hybrid vigor.

5 Likes

:face_with_monocle: :facepunch: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thanks a lot man! This was a great answer and cleared a lot of questions. Hahaha, you motivated me to try and experiment by myself, breeding looks a little bit difficult and I was a little anxious about that. I’m really grateful.

2 Likes

you will see home-breeding is veeeery cool and if you control well your setup you can do your crosses in the same space you use to grow your weed

it’s what I do (but take care with your pollen to not pollinate all your space)

at the top: my normal culture. Downstairs: my cross :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That is cool but you’re not counting with the recessive traits so the possibilities are huge belong that it’s quite difficult to get a dominant treat in the first cross, or maybe not but, how in hell do you know if is dominant? For that you should cross it and see the offspring if it gets what you are looking a BX is more than recommended to fix those treats

3 Likes

you are right Bro

• recessive traits for exemple thailand landrace strains can be difficult to domesticate and take more years to develop the strain (exemple : ace seeds golden tiger, cannabiogen strains like destroyer)
  • polyhybrids like a lot of new growers or doing is quite impossible mission to contrôle some recessive traits (polybrid for me is AB x CD for exemple). That’s why some breeders limit 3 strains to make a new polyhybrid and they advertise : it’s not stabilized strain and you will find different phenos (I like it, it’s more choice in a single pack. Some people don’t like it because they search only one or two traits but appearing more times)

I know it’s dominant when I grow the results in like 30 seeds (statistics recommend 30 test samples).

For exemple breeders like Bodhi, TGA (RIP and much respect), and others, study a lot their males.

Bodhi’s strains are a good exemple of what I want to say. His males : wookie, appalachia, 88 G13 x Hashplant do different results depending on the mother he use in each cross (sometimes you see more seeds with fathers traits and sometimes it’s the mother that you feel much in the result)

To repeat : I’m newbie comparing with some guy’s

All the best

4 Likes

Sorry man I didn’t mean to disrespect, nothing against what you have said , it is totally right. Sometimes I’m not good enough on my writing English.

I’m not big Guy either, I just have read during these years a bit of everything, but I’m totally new too

3 Likes

Bro no problem and please continue

Your answer was right and interesting !

And yes I forgot to talk about recessive traits so you where totally right Bro

Please continue I liked your message and didn’t felt disrespected Bro

We are here to help each other and you are helping a lot so please continue

All the best

4 Likes