Breeding project: Grape God x The Flav

Hey Friends. It’s time for a lifelong project of mine to develop a grapey sativa. A strain I’ve been wanting to bring back for a while. It was originally created by Exotic Genetix deemed Supernatural, but I have not been able to find any seeds for me to find that super grapey mother. So I will be creating the cross myself. Albeit a different version of The Flav will be used by MzJill. However I will be using the original Grape God for the mother in this cross by Next Generation Seeds.

I’ll also be reversing the perfect The Flav candidate to use as these will be just feminized photoperiods. Wish I had the original subcool The Flav to use for this cross but it seems to be impossible to find. Hoping to find a good candidate from this new version. I haven’t seen many grows for this one so I’m happily showcasing this phenohunt to display the different phenos The Flav can display.

29 Likes

Sounds like an interesting project. I’ll stay tuned in. Good luck! :beers:

4 Likes

I am a fan of Subcool genetics, I will be watching

3 Likes

The Flav got my attention it’s been a long while since I heard that strain name…

Weednerd Nation for life! :peace_symbol:🪴

5 Likes

Thank you so much, friends. This will be a fun experience. My goal is to recreate Supernatural for that sativa grapey goodness I’ve always loved. Hopefully one day I’ll come across someone with an extra bean of subcools The Flav. Mike from Exotic Genetix also gave me his blessing to recreate supernatural. It will just be named differently since the the flav is now crossed with Peach Romulan, different from the usual Romulan cut they used. I did, however, talk to Mzjill about it and she said the new The Flav is pretty similar to the original. I’ll be looking for a spiced rotten fruit pheno from this cultivar.

4 Likes

Welcome to OG @inhumantheory.

2 Likes

welcome to og and ill be watching the project, good luck

1 Like

Welcome! Im watching. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

This looks to be an interesting project so I’ll lurk in the background.

Good luck with it! :seedling:

:peace_symbol:

1 Like

Here we go, friends! Seeds of both strains are now in the water. They will be labeled by number once they are planted. I will only be choosing the best of the best. If I don’t mind anything to my liking then it will be a redo over the next few seeds. Crossing my fingers to find the winner phenos in this first batch.

Grape God pheno I’m searching for is a particularly grapey lady. Sweet or sour grapes to sweet grape candy terps will be the ones I will be searching for. Has anyone ran a recent batch of these? Do they put off those grapey terps? I’ve seen some old grow diaries where most growers got a grapefruit taste and smell rather than grapes. Any input regarding the terps and effects of this cultivar is very much appreciated.

Now with the particular pheno I will be searching for in The Flav. Mike from Exotic Genetix offered me some advice and what he chose with The Flav which was spiced rotten fruit pheno. I will be searching for something similar or perhaps I will find something special that will make me deviate from my initial plan. Has anyone grown The Flav? Either from subcool or Mzjill. I’d love to know for my own research purposes! Thank you friends and happy growing!

4 Likes

Hell yeah, I’m tagging along! :metal:

1 Like

Hey friends! Here is another update on my Supernatural/Inhuman Theory project. 3/6 grape gods popped from the coco and 5/6 the flavs have sprouted. I’ve started germinating another three grape gods. I’ve also got my hands on some B-natty from Exotic Genetix which is a cross of Supernatural X Blueberry bang bang. Eventually I’ll hunt through this pack to find a supernatural dominant pheno to cross back to my own creation down the road. I don’t want to be out of my depth though. Right now I’ll be focusing on getting these two strains crossed first.

6 Likes

Hi friends! Here for another update for my feminized photoperiod project. A small recap: I’ll be recreating a strain I’ve been after since I started growing. My grapey white whale. Supernatural by Exotic Genetix.

I’ve managed to obtain both parents to this cross. The end game is to create a super grapey sativa with some funk added in by the flav. To create cultivar with varying grapey phenos. From grapey yoghurt to grape candy!

Crossing my fingers I’ll find what I’m looking for.

5/6 The Flavs by TGA have popped from the medium.

I assumed only three of my grape gods germinated but a fourth managed to pull through after I germinated the next three. Giving me seven grape gods. Only one of each strain will make it to the end! Only going to clone and pick the best candidates. Thank you to anyone who is following this journey. Being a novice when it comes to breeding, I can’t help but feel out of my depth here.

7 Likes

You got this bro.
Sounds like a awesome strain.:fire:
:v:

2 Likes

Very interesting, thanks for posting! Do you care which is the boy and which is the girl?

1 Like

Honestly I’ve been having ideas up in the air if I wanted to or even cared which was the mother or father. I’ve opted to just keep the cross how it was originally. The mother being Grape God and father being The Flav.

1 Like

Hi friends! I’ve got another update of my Inhuman Theory/Supernatural project.

Four grape gods have made it through seedling stage and are powering along with the five The Flavs. All on day 12 i believe. I’ll be transplanting them in 1 gal fabric bags soon. Currently feeding them a light light mixture of Megacrop.

6 Likes

Good numbers!

2 Likes

Thank you, friend! Was a little disappointed two out of the six grape gods didn’t make it but this is something I’ll have to get used to. Some will make it some will not. It decided to be culled before I decided. :laughing:

But now that I have the original supernatural on the way soon, I’m excited to cross my creation with the original supernatural. But that will be a while before I do a BX. Right now it’s just a matter of making this cross first along with my cosmic Queen reversal. Then onto the preservation run of the original supernatural and take it to f2.

I’ve been also meaning to ask my friends on here. How should I go about this preservation run? Should I do a full tent of supernatural and just let the dudes pollinate any of my best ladies? Lots of things to consider and I want to do my due diligence and ensure I avoid any simple mistakes that could be overlooked. I wanna be able to spread as much supernatural genetics with wonderful grapey flavors for all my friends.

3 Likes

Another update of my breeding project!

One grape god and one The Flav are pretty vigorous in their first weeks of sprouting. I’ll be transferring these into 1 gallon fabric pots soon.

4 Likes