Brown sugar leaves and rh

So I’m seeing more and more brown sugar leaves. I was told not to cut any water leaves during Flowering but honestly I had an issue with watering and all of the water leaves browned and died so I cut them all off a week or two back.

I thought this was done growing but it locked back into gear after I added more tap water (during flush period).

However my buds feel dry and the leaves are mostly green but also feel dry and more of them are browning (sugar leaves). What does this mean?

I’ve since turned down the temps and raised the lights due to a tip I read about lowering teos 5-10f during the last week to boost Terpenes.

My Temps are about 73-75f at night and 79-82f lights on with rh at lights off around 45-51 and 48-55rh lights on . I mostly go based on vpd though which is about 1.3-1.5vpd throughout.

Anything wrong with my settings? Or what causes sugar leaves to brown?

Also do we trim browning or dying sugar leaves? I’ve only heard advice about water leaves and only cutting them during flower if they block light or die… But never heard anything about sugar leaves.

Thanks

Throw some pics up and people will help you with the leaves. I drop my temps a bit more to finish them. Also, if I could drop the rh to 30%-40% to finish I would too. Best of luck with it!

1 Like

You should trim those brown sugar leaves because they can be the gate of entrance to mould… :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

How far into flowering? Sounds like senescence

1 Like

OK good. That’s what I’ve been doing. But what causes it?

I am. Over due several weeks, but I realized I had a watering issue which stunted growth and screwed up the roots, so I fixed it and growth resumed so I extended the 9week Flowering of a already screwed up first grow that’s definitely stunted. So I added a few more weeks. Hopefully it will be done next week and that’s week 14 I believe.

Looking with a microscope every other day. Bud density changed on some but on others they’re still filling in.

I harvested my last plant too early so I’m only Harvesting buds if I feel they’re ready (milky trichomes and 20% amber at top)

1 Like

You said buds were dry, if those sugar leaves were crispy could be because of high temperatures, low humidity, lamps too close, nutrient burn, a pic would be a great help … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

Ok, that’s senescence then, plants dying off that’s all

1 Like

I noted all those things in my op. Does 71-82f sound high? Rh 45-55%, I keep led at 18-21" from top of plant.

Currently have plants on a flush with just tap water and benes. So it’s not possible to be nute burn. I’ll post the latest pics

1 Like

So sole. Brown sugar leaves are normal? I normally see none in photos of finished products unless they’re shriveled up. But mine had a lot of them.

damn! i thought i was bad about defoliating…i don’t believe i have ever taken all the fan leaves off.

Thanks for sharing, I don’t see senescence but the next level :skull::see_no_evil:, stems are brown and plant looks dry, are they crispy if you bend them?, how are the roots? beer3|nullxnull

They all died due to a bit too much H2o2 in water I had initially used to clean sludge in the Humidifier tanks, tent and lines, so I didn’t have much Choice :man_shrugging: a week prior I had tons of fan leaves(pic below). This clone was super sensitive even at 0.1%… Since then I have dialed it down to 0.05% and it is much better for cleaning without negative effects.

Being my first grow its a miracle these plants didn’t die sooner… I’ve revived them probably 5+ times at this point… Root rot 3x, mites, h2o2 burn, ph fluctuations, algae, you name it… But I learned a ton… Cuz I solved every problem

2 Likes

This was July a week prior to cleansing the lines, Reservoir and entire tend of mildew etc with 0.1% h2o2. - _-

As a foliar I had used 1% prior and didn’t have issues… But this time… All the fan leaves died and this was week 1 of flower I believe

Most stems are purple and yes they’re definitely dry but what’s why I’m asking. Is my vpd too low? 1.3-1.5 based on my charts is ideal… Yet the plant isn’t exactly healthy and never has been so I’m trying to get timing right but need to know what it needs…

Roots had root rot but I saved them right before it was too late (had clogged nozzles while I waited for replacements)… But they still update water, and I keep them lightly damp on a timer of 3 second on time and about 3:40 off. With high atomization and high pressure nozzles.

Branches aren’t crispy if I bend them. Everything I’ve set aside to dry still bent withoit snapping.

They’re just ugly colored.

1 Like

that’s the take away. limp this one along to the end and then screw up a little curing and learn some more. next grow should be the bomb, but this one will get you high i’d bet. man, you should see my first cabinet with a coffee can as a reflector. pitiful.

1 Like

Sorry for the language barrier, I know snapping comes after branches hanging for long before going to jars. Wanted to say if stems have lost turgor and flexibility while bending them.

Most probably the plant has lost the capability to feed herself while losing all those fans that helped not only in the feeding process but also acting as a reserve of nutes in case of necessity… beer3|nullxnull

Yea that’s the goal. To learn now when this grow is screwed up already anyway. I’m not too worried about the outcome cuz these are going to become distillate. I’ll keep a small batch for smoke.

Next I’ll start from seeds. Taproots I hear make things way stronger.