Bruce Banner #3 seeds in soil

Morning all
I have 2 Bruce Banner #3 seeds in soil along with a few other things
Planted 6 days ago, other seeds are up and have two leaves already.
So far everything has popped but my Bruce Banners,
They are from Original Sensible Fem seeds.
Anyone have any input on what to expect?
Dud seeds etc…
Thanks

5 Likes

I have had some success by gently manually cracking stubborn seeds down the seam line with tweezers, but I use the paper towel method. Since your is already in soil you will probably just have to wait it out and cross your fingers :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Hey thanks , I never have problems popping seeds this way unless very old and improperly stored.
I guess I should have asked , did anyone else have trouble getting Original Sensible seeds to open.These happen to be Bruce Banner #3 seeds by OSseeds.
Thanks again

1 Like

Never heard of OS. BB3 was bred by Jason Haulk who started Darkhorse genetics, they sell lots of BB stuff. I am very fortunate to have secured a cut back around 12/13’, back when it was still clone only. To this day it is still some of the finest herb Ive ever grown or smoked. I live in the mountains, but have buddies that live down on the front range, where BB3 was made. Luckily they were “in the loop” with some of the original holders and got me a cut. I grew her for several years and also made a few crosses with her. I am planning on working some of the crosses back to the original clone, which was passed to a couple of friends down the line and is still available, albeit with bugs. I think the dna needs a refreshing. If you dont have any luck with those beans, I might have some BB3 crosses to offer you.

7 Likes

I’ll definitely be watching this thread! I just popped one Bruce Banner #3 in the water today (germination) These seeds are from “MSNL” fingers crossed.

1 Like

Hey Stiggy, hope you don’t mind me posting my current Bruce Banner #3 grow in here along with you? Saves me from starting a NEW topic since you’ve already got the named topic running…Let me know if you can. Much love and respect from Canada.

Thanks Much, I have a few other things in the fire so for now I will say Thanks and wait on popping more, but dang nice of you to offer.
Again Thank You

2 Likes

Hi Potent
Mine still have not made any attempt to show their lil heads
So if they are not happening you are very welcome to chime in here
I was so hoping to try this strain for extreme back pain myself.
I have my fingers crossed for you too

2 Likes

The crew on here has treated me well since I joined, I just want to continue the ‘pay it forward’ vibe. I have a lot to learn, but want to help out others however I can, as Ive been helped by others.
Best of luck with the BB grow. My offer stands for whenever you need any beans. I will be keeping an eye on this thread

4 Likes

Here is a pic of my Bruce Banner #3 at 63 days from 2016 or 17’

9 Likes

Looking Nice
Yep Great group we have here

1 Like

Hey @STIGGY I actually JUST popped my BB#3 into the soil after she was in 2 drops of 3%peroxide and some water for 24hrs. I then drop her directly into her 3 gallon pot. I use little sweat domes as my humidity factor. It works great.

The other 2 young ones are BC Big Bud I’ve named them “Betty” & “Boop” they’re about 11days old! Fingers crossed!
Here’s some older pics of my little sweat domes I use a wire shaped into a small circle. And I use a small candy bag

1 Like

Not sure where you are but see if you can find a tissue culture lab. For a fee, they’ll take some explants from that clone, and culture you a brand-new plant.

One of the benefits of TC is that the sterilization process gets rid of any type of mold, mildew, or bug. I think there are some additional hoops to jump through if you’re dealing with a virus. But, it has another big benefit in that it completely restores vigor. It’s like a plant tune up.

I don’t know how much something like that costs, maybe @SCJedi, or @Northern_Loki do as they have a lot of experience with TC. Hell, one or both of them could probably do it for you. With a plant like that I’d think it would be worth the investment.

If you happen to pursue it, I’d be interested in hearing how it goes.

Gook luck. :slight_smile:
:guitar:

3 Likes

Bugs are typically easy to deal with and can be removed through nodal tissue culture. Well, maybe not all. Broad mites embed themselves in tissue so it depends on entomology. Bleach and alcohol don’t seem to be what most common gardeners would use in their daily garden protocols but it’s what works in the lab.

Bleach and alcohol also work on seeds. They can also have their embryo rescued as long as it’s viable. The seed’s shell is just there to protect the fragile embryo and if you remove it and place it in vitro then the embryo grows the same as if the shell was cracked open.

If anything has a virus then tissue culture is a bit more complex. Meristem excision results is a cluster of plants cells about 0.2mm and is very fragile and hard to grow. Sometimes it seems like it take forever!

If you (or anyone) wants to take the TC route I would suggest what I refer to as “test in, test out”. Send me a clone and I get it tested for pathogens, do the appropriate TC, and then re-test once complete to ensure that it’s clean.

The cost is not typically a factor for most folks that really want to save genetics so “heads up” to prevent sticker shock. Patience is also a requirement.

I’m in California so expect someone here to charge quite a bit more than someone in Arizona or Michigan because of the cost of where we do business as well as the higher demand for TC.

I’m happy to answer questions here or privately.

6 Likes

No need. A good friend of mine has that tissue culture on lock. He was using that method to clone back in 12’. Took him a bit but I watched the progression and have a pretty good handle on how to do it without a lab. He was living in a warehouse in Denver when he started using TC. Seen the process a few times. I have considered it as an option. But even when I was growing the BB from clone I wanted to create it in seed form. I knew the only way would be to find one of the parents in seed form. The Cold creek Kush that Jason used as the female in Banner was a clone only and never replicated in any other crosses. However the Strawberry Diesel is still floating around here and there. I was lucky enough to buy a pack recently. I did so in hopes of “recreating” the BB3, so to speak. Sorry for the long post, just got home from work and ripped the 3 footer before I jumped on here.

6 Likes

Thanks for jumping in man. :vulcan_salute:
:guitar:

2 Likes

OK Must have been older than they said, moved soil around seeds had been absorbed by the soil.
The others all popped. So No BB#3 for this grow.
Next time , Thanks Guys

2 Likes

Ok guys, so here’s my updated on my Big Bud. I also have my Bruce Banner #3 started. Here she is. “Brucie” auto-flowers. They’re looking good and healthy.

3 Likes

Well, sorry for the super late update! Lol… “Brucie” my Bruce Banner #3 is doing lovely and growing great. I could really use some more space for her… But I’m kinda limited! So here’s the newest pics of Brucie

4 Likes