Bubba Kush cuts …

Why do I feel like it’s the same pain I go thru right now.

I have multiple seeds that just failed or won’t pop.

So I hear that SCREAMING LOUD AND CLEAR

if you can grow your own with good hearty seeds. Then we have a ballgame
When I get frustrated because 3:10 popped and the others took forever. Or never

1 Like

Problem is you aren’t using real genetics. So you’re essentially wasting your time/money looking through crap seeds and not liking them. If the plant you showed isn’t good smoke, you are gonna tell everyone Bubba sucks and move on. But you’re not even trying the right strain. You’re popping lots cheap seeds that have “names” but aren’t quality genetics.

They were just pointing out that it looks nothing like Bubba, so 99% chance it has no bubba in it.

13 Likes

@HolyAngel
There is more truth to this
Cali sold Barney Farms were opened and different seeds inserted

That has been since dealt with

But only ones I can guarantee are the ones straight from them

@Ris has a direct connect

So only way I do things is thru proper channel if I can get straight to the Genetics

2 Likes
  1. this isn’t for me. it is irrelevant if i “like” them or not.

2. i am aware there are better genetics out there. i am not made of money. the medical expenses are through the roof. i get what i can afford. i think that’s why the person who invited me here invited me here… a chance to get my hands on good seed for low to no cost. still working on that.

3. i find it stupid of me to tell weed connoisseurs/breeders and seed makers my opinions on whether or not some strain sucks. i have never done that to the best of my knowledge. i am an amateur grower at best with 3yrs under my belt. i am not out here acting like any type of expert because i am not.

4. if i’m not using real genetics, feel free to send me some.
    (crickets always crickets)

5. you make a lot of assumptions… like i have the knowledge and skill level you have and should know what is good and what is crap. i am in an illegal state. i started growing 3yrs ago. not a whole lot of people to talk to about this. whatever i know i read in books written in the 90s. a lot has happened since then. i joined this forum 20 days ago… sorry i’m not fully up to speed yet. i’ll try harder.

8 Likes

It’s not really about the price it’s about doing the research. @VerdantGreen used to sell Bubba Kush s1’s for like 40 bucks a pack.

are you in the states? i’ll send you a freebie 3pk from CSI Humboldt’s Bubba Kush S1 if so.

16 Likes

imagine being away from weed for 25yrs. then coming back. millions of strain names, thousands of seed makers, thousands of seed shops. where to start? you are the frozen caveman awoken to modern times. info on the internet is sketchy at best. everything is an advertisement with false claims. but you have a relative you want to grow for who is sick as f^ck. so you just get it on with your copy of jorge cervante’s book and the cheap seeds you just bought constantly looking over your shoulder for “the man” to show up.
throw on top of having “time to research” millions of things about weed on top of taking care of someone who can no longer feed, dress or go to the bathroom by themselves… while trying to run a business. again… no one to talk to about any of this but people on forums who want to constantly remind me that my genetics are sh*t.
my time in research has been spent trying to figure out how to combat the disease… not who has the best cuts of what. when i first started, genetics and who had what was never even a consideration.

~sigh~

that’s where i’m at. there is a difference between constructive criticism and just being a weed snob.

yes, i am in the states. i would be MOST GRATEFUL for some good cuts of anything on my grow list that i have or even better what i am missing. i’m REALLY looking for lavender. please and thank you.

here is what i am doing and what i am looking for:
Apothecarium - main project

thanks for your time and offer. I DO appreciate anyone willing to help me out with my project with seed, advice, encouragement or mentoring. all are helpful… especially when things get overwhelming with our situation.

6 Likes

I don’t have a single strain on that list. :(. But if nobody hooks you up, let me know and I’ll send you a strain list. Most of what I have are one or two beans per strain currently. I do have reasonable numbers of a few strains though.

5 Likes

thank you @rasterman
appreciate you.

2 Likes

I have a MIL w alzheimers. It really sucks for her and for my wife!

I read your list and i saw The Ox. Which is about 75% Bubba w 25% Blue Moonshine. Supposed to have CBD rich potential.

I’m also in the US.
DM me your address, and in 1 week i can send you a 10-seed pack of The Ox (Reg. seeds) for free.
Supporting medical-minded cannabis research is important to me.

18 Likes

are ppl really still that in love with the bubba ?. i ran her years ago from cut and have did a couple seeds runs over the years, she was always decent but i never really understood the hype over her. ahhh may be i should run a few and take another look, i am a much better grower now and i have the led power behind me so humm.

may be …

11 Likes

i thought OX was bubba kush * stone mountain ?.

might be different breeder i suppose …

4 Likes

The head high is milder than many current strains like Chem, OG or Cookies.
But It’s about the level of pain relief that is very rare in 99% of other strains. A good Bubba (like Pre ‘98) makes me almost numb in my back and extremities. Like i truly don’t feel my legs.
Purple Kush, Afghan, GDP etc. make me sleepy. But Bubba can numb pain like no other, while keeping me awake.

11 Likes

Yes you’re right. Made by Rare Dankness. Stone Mtn. is Bubba x Blue Moonshine if memory serves.

4 Likes

so a sort of bubba kush bc1 with the blue moonshine being the outcross, ahh very cool.

@BudWhisperer

never knew that about the bubba, never heard any one say anything about a pain killer of sort. learn something every day if one just listen’s .

very cool indeed …

6 Likes

thank you @BudWhisperer
i’m sorry to hear you are dealing with Alz as well.
have y’all considered trying to see if cannabis will help her at all? one of the worst symptoms for my MIL in the beginning was anxiety. she would get anxiety attacks so bad we would have to take her to the hospital ER to get her sedated. the panic attacks could happen at any time… the worst were the middle of the night attacks. no sleep for weeks.
once we introduced cannibis to her, the anxiety and panic became a thing of the past. she never has them anymore.

i had someone send me OX seeds when i first started 3yrs ago. the seeds were VERY old. and none of them popped. and no seed banks (that i knew of at the time) had OX. none of the seed banks i use now have OX. was beginning to think it was gone.
thank you so much for taking the time to read my list and offering to help me find something i thought was gone. i am grateful. thank you.

5 Likes

The pain killer aspect of (some) Bubbas is a large part of why SSDD is noted by Bodhi (and @HolyAngel as well as others) as having nerve-pain killing phenos.

I have yet to experiment w Katsu Bubba or pure Northern Lights but Pre ‘98 Bubba was pretty consistant in this pain-numbing.

Of note, The pain relief has been noted by others who grew Mendo Sunshine and other SSDD-fathered Bodhi strains. So that SSDD male carried good Bubba traits to its offspring.

12 Likes

My pleasure. I hope you find benefit from it!

The nightime stress issues is called Sundowner Syndrome. Where dementia symptoms get worse at night. We have experienced this ourselves.

We have not tried cannabis. Though we’re going to see if CBD gummies might work for her.

5 Likes

Still in my top ten of all time, probably will never change, a staple in my head stash for over 20 years. But I’ve had every damn kind u can think of lol. Shit bubba, epic bubba, down right dank af and sit you in your ass bubba, uppity bubba and blueberry bubba, orange bubba, candy bubba. Lol I’m stoked to grow out this Berger cut but waiting on pre-98 cut atm. Once landed/rooted etc. I’m gonna run em side by side and see what’s up once and for all.

@Til_Valhalla i put your name on my white board. I am doing a Bubba adage in the very near future. I’ll send you a nice sack to do a killer pre-98 pheno hunt. But tbh I guarantee you find something killer in those from @Cannavore as CSI Bubba beans have never let me down, all fire! But you’ll have lots more to play with regardless, promise :wink:

15 Likes

@BudWhisperer much respect homie :facepunch:t2: that’s dope! And same to you @Cannavore god I love this place!

6 Likes

we have made it past the “sundowner syndrome” portion of the disease. it is considered a phase that most alz/dem patients go through.

we actually started her off on CBD oils. they DO help, and is a good place to start.
however, the deeper i got into the research, the more i found them saying that high CBD concentration actually prevents the THC from doing it’s job of removal of the amyloid plaques that build up between the neurons (causing brain cellular death). most of the strains they were testing and showed good effect were strains that had high THC (15% and up) and a modicum of CBD (0.1-3%).

a lot of kush strains had these cannabinoid profiles. bubba being one of them .

4 Likes