Bubblegum (00 seeds) ordered from Hurbies

Is this your experience with most genetics? The later you harvest, the more couchlock?

2 Likes

Pretty much as a general rule, but every strain is a little different.
Personally I like Sativa ‘early’ and Indica ‘later’ as a rule.
Best bet is if you have several plants the same, vary the harvest dates a bit and see what you prefer.
My kids do not like my peaky Sativa, ‘weirds them out’. They prefer the body stone.

There’s smarter folks to describe this but as I understand it, the THC will start to breakdown to CBN in the trichomes as they age and turn amber. (Oversimplification I’m sure) but it gives you the ability to ‘fine tune’ the effects.

Cheers
G

8 Likes

I have been hearing how the darker the trichomes is more or a couchlock feel. Ive been reading how to not flower too long due to the THC turning into CBN. Im comfortable around 70 Days. I do plain on taking at different stages to see what stage I prefer. I have a little bit more Eye Candy.

I have smoked some undesirable budige and it already couch lockie.

7 Likes

6 Likes

Nice :+1: work

3 Likes

I’m at 65 days can anyone tell me if you think these are done?

Then I got these buds that look like they have like finger like stacks coming off the buds
I was thinking about a harvest tomorrow. What do you think?

6 Likes

Done, done and, d-o-n-e!!!

6 Likes

The fingers are referred to as fox tailing, usually an indicator that the light is a little close.

I had a close look at your photos, there is maybe 20 ~ 30% clear so depending how you want the stone, harvest now for ‘clear and peaky’ or wait for about 5% amber for ‘relaxing couch lock’.
Personally I’d let them go for about 3 more days, but really it’s whenever it is best for you to harvest, you have great bud, you can’t loose. :+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Additionally there are some strains (like some Columbian or Thai Sativas) that are prone to foxtailing, even when the lights are at a proper distance; but as @Gpaw said…it is usually the lights.

2 Likes

Thanks guys. I’m going to go another round. Any good nutes better than General Hydroponics?
Heres the end result 4 and a half ounces. SMH. I was shooting for double that.

0]

11 Likes

Anyone have any constructive criticism. I’m wanting to grow my clones better. I followed the General Hydroponics feed chart adding water to bring down the PPM to 7 for veg. No higher then 1200 during flower.

1 Like

I know you were hoping for more but 4oz ain’t bad for 200watts. Also thats 4oz that you dont have to buy

3 Likes

I just put some clones I rooted with Clonetech that was taken earlier. 2 days later they are showing good root production.

I put them straight into flower due the last grow the two Ladies made it a little difficult. The only tricky part was wondering the strength of the nutes to put in. I used the Transition to Bloon ratio ( A little less the recommended) and added water to bring down the PPM to around 900. The thing that gets me is why is it when you Mix the recommended amount of zthe General Hydroponics as well as the Cal-Mag my PPM is at 2200. ? Dose that sound familiar to anyone?

5 Likes

The clones ended up doing very well. My yield was surprisingly higher then from the mother plants. I did learn a my first lesson on the spider mites.

4 Likes

I had no idea that the spider mite buggers were so small. I thought I was doing something wrong. I did a detail cleaning on my tent. First wiped down with some watered-down dish soap. Then rinsed. Then gave it a spray down with 1/3 alcohol 2/3 water. From now on I will check periodically for them

In the end I did a washed the buds in just a bucket of water before hanging to dry.

4 Likes