BubbleGum Auto - Vero29v7 600W

Alright guys, this is today… Update. LOL. I dunno if it’s more for me than for you, but i do love sharing it.

Will be switching back to the Vero29, probably tonight. Maybe setup the small tent with the Citizen CLU048, and veg there and fruit with the Vero…

7 Likes

Well another problem, now the leaves are drying… They are turning brown and withering. Check it out, i honestly have no idea what the problem is…

Is it Nitrogen or overfert…?

This is the learning process, there is nothing i can do now to save this girls but have learned a lot, will continue to grow them if they ever reach a harvest i will smoke them, i ought to relax, and see what happens…

Welcome to my life :see_no_evil: No, probably not nutrient burn, but I also can’t definitely tell you what it is because I’ve been having problems like this for months. My working theory is unhealthy root system due to slight-but-persistent overwatering.

Drama queen :laughing: One of my girls in flower has zero fan leaves. Zero. Noticed yesterday she’s throwing out a fresh batch of white hairs because the best time for a growth spurt is 64 days into 12/12 with no fan leaves.

Weed is a weed. Yeah, some strains are finicky and annoying to deal with, but at its core, weed is a fast-growing annual that will survive in almost any conditions, even if it doesn’t thrive. I once stumbled across a weed plant, maybe a foot tall, growing in a pile of leaves/garbage in the gutter alongside a 6-lane street. Someone threw their stems and seeds out the window, and this versatile little survivor germinated and was growing just fine. Wish I still had the pictures.

Anyway, my point is: even with problems, and even with a lot of problems, your plants will probably survive, and you will even get some good smoke off of them. You’re learning (and so am I :grin:). If you’re not desperate for buds or afraid of failure, turn this into a legit experiment: have a feeding/water gradient where one lucky victim gets all the food/water you want to give it, the opposite extreme gets little-to-nothing, and a gradient for the rest. You should hopefully have observable differences based on different inputs, which might help you identify the best path forward.

… or at least that’s what I want to do. Trying to get a vegging girl healthy enough for several clones, at which point I’m busting out a lab notebook to figure out why my green thumb turned black.

4 Likes

Did you just call me a drama queen…? Damn! Probably in a couple of years if not runs i’ll be laughing about it too.

My big problem started with not washing the coco prior to its first use, therefore EC was thru the roof even before i started feeding them, and/or watering them. I had to flush them, but being autos, they are not very forgiving, you can always veg a photo plant for as long as you want, but not autos. After that my wanting to feed them and see buds and all made me over-water them, we all think. Root deficiencies sounds like it, but hopefully they’ll show me more about what i did wrong, and my next grow will be better, i promise.

Thanks @oranje

3 Likes

don’t know if these will help found them on another site

3 Likes

These are great, thanks man!

No post today…

1 Like

labor day lol no mail runs bud

1 Like

Right i know that why i am saying…

My belief os that your have a lockout on your hands. This is caused by shit being out of wack so the plant is unable to uptake certain nutriants. Magnesium is a nutrient that can cause a lot of different problems. See thing is if you were to feed magnesium youre gonna fuck up your soil worse. What you should do is topdress some good quality compost amended wth kelp, neem, malted barley, then water it in with some aloe water. Kelp, neem and compost for nurients. Malted barley for enzymes to break it all down quicker. And aloe for SAR. You could also feed kelp teas every watering. You can probably harvest wild kelp there yes?

2 Likes

Never done it, but i am sure if i look for some i’ll find it, and then i just ferment it?

Next grow i’ll wash/measure coco coir and fix pH and EC before mixing the perlite, and i mean like days ahead of time, and that way, things won’t be out of whack…

1 Like

You mean you gonna use coco again?:joy:

Ya man ferment it. Or you can dry it.

1 Like

I have been reading countless websites and watching coutless videos, so i already know; the plants don’t know if they are coming or going, yes they are crazy with my negligence/ignorance. If only i would have known to pH and EC the perlite/coco before potting the plants, this wouldn’t be happening.

No wonder, they seem to have a little bit of everything… I also heard Autos don’t need heavy feedings and when using perlite/coco in conjunction with the Go Box, you also need some microbial help to assist the nutrients in breaking down, i guess LAB would do, but it’s been a very valuable two months.

@Baudelaire said once: “Your ambition is only exceeded by your enthusiasm…” And they both got me beaten… LOL

Now more serious next time. Setting up my second tent to Veg and this one i’m using now to Flower…

I can’t give up my dear friend @lotus710, i mean you understand right. I wanna master this method and then i’ll move on to the next one, and such… Gonna eventually do No-Till, DWC. That’s what’s on my mind…

1 Like

Dont sweat those bottom leaves. You are just entering flower with these and often theu will eat up the bottom leaves when growing fast. I just cut the bottom leaves off of my autos that were doing the same thing. They are being grown hydro with Lucas formula so there are no deficiencies. Getting coco too dry can also do that IME. Keep an eye on the next set and stay the course.

3 Likes

I thank you @ReikoX, hope i’ll be smoking like you in style very soon… LOL

2 Likes

If you beat me in the race to figuring everything out, please let me know the secret :grin:

Anyway, assuming you have the space, I’m just saying that you shouldn’t give up on any plant. I’ve got a few males kicking around for no reason other than they’re big enough to survive some abuse. Yeah, yours are autos so you don’t have the luxury of infinite veg time, but you can still experiment and try and pin down what makes your girls happy :slight_smile:

What makes my vegging girls happy seems to be “neglect.” Gave them a tiny drink yesterday and I already see bleached veins in the new growth :expressionless:

1 Like

those plants need to be culled. You don’t need to try to identify a specific nutrient shortage, they’re just yellowing and dying, the medium is way off from where it needs to be.

4 Likes

Ouch, that’s cold son, though may be entirely true :slight_smile: Guess I’m just trying to have some optimism, given that I’ve got similar problems using every soil in my arsenal.

1 Like

I’ve had the feeling they would need to be pulled but at this given time, i just might use them to learn a little, plus i go the next gen coming up soon… Hopefully coco issues will be resolved before potting them…

If i was a commercial grower, or thinking about selling the buds, it would make a lot more sense to cull them. Thanks for the advice man. Just not right now.

3 Likes

I sort of agree, but as long as he has room he can let them go on. I agree with the point you make, not trying to diagnose every issue and take corrective actions. Look how much he has already learned with a few free seeds and some electricity. :+1:

My first grow was a mess, but even the small amount of poorly cured bud was some of the best weed I’ve ever smoked. Not because it tasted real good or got me super high, but because I grew it myself. :green_heart:

4 Likes

Flush them out hard, that will get rid of excess nutes, the do a series of simple soil check beginning with pH the 5.99 soil test kit will set you right. Then check for N. P. K. The same test kit . Then learn not to fuss with them so much, a lot of energy goes into a sick plant when the grower inadvertently creates the problem himself

1 Like