BubbleGum Auto - Vero29v7 600W

Hahaha…sorry but @ryasco is correct, hydro can be even more vexing!

@MadScientist, did you mix any dolomite lime into your soil mix?

3 Likes

Yes it is, but each method have their pros and cons, ok hydro takes care of the watering frequency, but you still have to start with a slow flow increasing as root matt does. Then you have to monitor PH even more hydro goes faster, but when something goes out of sync it goes wrong faster too. Aquaponic would be better than hydro recirculating or run to waste system.

You will master this method fisrt padawan.

Im sorry I thought you had ph and ec pens to test your liquids pre and post mixing. Thats why I PMd you my mixing methods and related your GH nutes to the ones I use.

Patience PADAWAN mastering a light saber and using the force takes time, it is not done in 1 day

5 Likes

When your ready to dig a small pond outside in the summer we can talk an outdoor bubbler and a plant as big as a house, pre vegged in a bubbler in a tent then transplanted to outdoors when it outgrows your tent. SUPER SATIVA CLUB

3 Likes

Those nutes arnt made for coco. They are a hydro company that needed to make something for the soil community. If kelp, neem, malted barley and good compost dont fix the problem id suggest transplanting them into some good soil. I made the mistake of using older soil for my chocolope seedlings… never ever cheap out unless you dont mind dealing with problems. Im wanting to start new seeds and garbage these because of what i did.

2 Likes

I think the coco was added to the mix and it contains soil and perlite too @lotus710 was it promix or something @MadScientist

Repost the pics of the bags they came in if possible and the labeling info on the bag please?

1 Like

Throwing another vote behind “yes, but then you have a new set of problems” :laughing: I grew for 4 years in soil without checking the pH of anything ever – never even considered it. Used whatever soil was at the hardware store, added some perlite, and fed every-so-often with Neptune’s Harvest with a dash of epsom salt because I had permanent Mg deficiency.

Anyway, as the most popular poster in “Sick Plants & Problems,” take my advice with a grain of salt :smile:, but “less is more” is often the right answer. If you’re not sure if they need water, don’t water. If you’re not sure if they need nutrients, take it easy on the nutrients. Between 5 vegging plants, I’ve given 250mL of pain water – total – so far in the month of August, and haven’t fed at all. I’m pretty sure I was over-watering (it’s summer, plants dry out faster, right?), which caused pH to crash, and now I’m drying things out and hopefully letting microbes and roots recover.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I was pretty sure it was just coco and perliteXD did you wash that coco?

1 Like

its runnin off @1.0-1.2ec ph 7.0 @lotus710 He has just done a runn off test.

I also think his nutes are genrally for organic growing not aimed at soil or coco specifically.

There is a chart for the go box further up the thread

2 Likes

I seen that. Some coco is full of salt though i didnt see if he said he washed it or not.

2 Likes

Here they are…

The “Sustrato Hidroponico” is 50/50 coco/pomice.

1 Like

I didn’t know you had to. I thought it would come clean you know. Lesson learned. Now damage control kicks in!

2 Likes

Ah yes. You def gotta wash coco. Some are prewashed but even then people have had problems. That could definatly be your problem brother!

2 Likes

With the coco running off at 1.0-1.2 I dont think that is a problem now the new growth at the tips of those Plants looks ok except from a bit too warm and leaf curl from hitting 31c

No need to flush the pots the plants are in they will handle 1.2 fine now, they have grown through it.

When they have dried out just water using root stim, the seaweed, ph corrected to 6.2-6.5 and all will be fine.

Put your watering can in the safe and lock it for at least 3 days, thats your damage control.

If in doubt think about your wife with the hammer and keep it locked up :wink:

You know for the future to rinse your coco.

The fact its a mix of soil coco perlite is a postive in this instance.

1 Like

Yes i believe it’s 33% of each, coco, pomice and perlite.

Will do a little root stim, it;s called BioRoot and some BioMarine which is the potash.

1 Like

Can you get a pic of the label on the hydrosubstrate, I bet its got some food added, it usually says the EC and PH of the substrate on the label, it must in the EU

1 Like

Let me go and take a pic, can’t remember seeing a label. Better yet, let me go to the website.

1 Like

bottom right hand corner of the sack on the right side

1 Like

This is the one, it says it’s got coco, pomice and rice husk ash. No nutes at all.

2 Likes

Oh well never mind, sometimes it says the ph and ec, it has to in eu even if ec is zero.

Did you try the 3 cups I mentioned for learning the weights ?

1 Like