Bubblegumball5000 Seed Run

@Slick1
We got a bit of time before the beans arrive so we don’t need to make a decision today. I also see some possible paths forward crossing to a different bubblegum IBL. However, I do want this to be a 100% positive experience so I don’t plan to launch under a cloud.

5 Likes

Completely agree. I’m on board for whatever is fair all around.

4 Likes

I’ve been working for a couple of years on a project to produce a regular photo seed line that is as faithful to the original pre-Dutch Indiana Bubblegum line as possible. We’ve used the serial backcross or “cubing” strategy to lock in the signature traits of a Bubblegum cut dating to 1991 that we hold, using two selected males from a 1998 vintage Serious Bubblegum release. This early Dutch Bubblegum was bred from the same line as the first generation of THSeeds original commercial release, as Adam and Simon had worked together in the early 90s at Sensi Seeds.

Since then, Bubblegum has been bred, and re-bred and crossed and backcrossed and all manner of fuckery applied to it, as its name became well-known and the variety a perennial Dutch retailing favorite, regardless of the provenance of the seed. This is our attempt to preserve the original American line before it disappears entirely.

BX3 seeds will be released in early September via our regular retailers Cannapot, Pips Seedbank, and UK420, as well as direct from FDMSeeds.com . The pre-release seeds in the July 4th giveaway were the BX2 generation, so expect some variability.

As for seedmaking, I can’t speak for anyone else but by all means, replicate. It is only fraud when you do not accurately disclose your inputs and practices.

Just understand that you are working with live germ plasm, not mp3 files. There is no such thing as “copying” a strain. You are recombining genes, not copying them, and each pollination will bring differences as well as similarities. Selection, and some luck, makes the difference between greatness and dreck. Your time, skill and hard work, or lack of it, will determine whether you make music or noise.

peace -b420

76 Likes

Gotta love it, altruistic indeed. @Baudelaire I cannot wait til September.
Thanks for coming thru with the deets.

7 Likes

@Baudelaire =

4 Likes

What lovely words.

You sir have a gift.

7 Likes

I’ve got a pack of GPS’ Bodega Bubblegum that I’m probably never gonna grow. Of course, it’s GPS, so… But if y’all wanna add them to the mix, I’ll happily send them to the appropriate grower. Trying to thin out my collection anyway.

8 Likes

It’s not my project, ask the guys and gals above

2 Likes

You might want to try em !!! I fux wit GPS despite everything tasting of Stardog. But this one Bodega Bubblegum that I have goin is tha shizznitt. Not your typical GPS

3 Likes

Okay, who is it? @Slick1 and @Dirtron? If you guys want those GPS Bubblegum seeds, you can have them.

2 Likes

Eh… I’m good haha. Got a lot of Gu’s other stuff that I’m not in a huge hurry to get to. And a lot of other people’s stuff that I AM in a huge hurry to get to.

3 Likes

Just wanted to throw it out there. Out of one seed that I planted, got a female, and it’s not all chem dog e dog smelling. It’s pure Bubblegum! Call it luck or whatever, cause I haven’t tried any other.
Someone grab that pack and mix it with the Bubblegum! I hit mine with Sour Blutooth!

7 Likes

Gu used my Bubblegum cut to make those Bodega Bubblegum seeds. I have had folks test my S1s against CSI and Mosca and they don’t even come close. If you want real Bubblegum with real Bubblegum terps you may want to try my S1s.

These were grown from my S1s. Two different growers

53 Likes

I’d like to try 2 or 3 of your s1’s lol cross them with the frozen coke I’m about to grow.

That color is beautiful, what’s temps did it take?

10 Likes

Yes you can image
For screwing up your bubblegum testers a while back .Still upset I did that @Kakalak

4 Likes

Waiting to hear @Dirtron weigh in on it since he’s the one that will actually be running it.

Those look amazing!

5 Likes

Okay. Lemme know.

No offense, @Kakalak, but I won’t grow selfed seeds. Just one of my things. I won’t grow feminized seeds, either. I dunno why, because it’s not like I’m doing any breeding over here. Those plants look great, though.

To be honest, I have no idea why I even got those Bodega Bubblegum seeds. Bubblegum is not a strain I’ve ever been interested in. Last summer was weird, between the quarantining and my mom died and I had a little money in the bank (luckily)… I just went on a rampage and bought way too many seeds. I think it was a thing where it was just like, okay, we can’t have people over, can’t really hang out with anybody at all, I’m sitting here all day doing nothing but playing video games, might as well just buy a shit-ton of seeds. It was something coming in the mail. Something to look forward to. But now I’m like,”Fuck, what am I gonna do with all of these seeds???” haha!

20 Likes

I lunch break so I don’t have long.

@Baudelaire’s kind words have breathed new life into this project.

I will be discussing this, both here in thread, and with some of the principles involved via DM tonight, to decide on the path forward.

A huge thank you to everyone who has offered up bubblegum seeds for this project. Couldn’t do it without ya…
@Slick1
@middleman
@DougDawson
@MrRevolution
@Kakalak
@minitiger
:pray:

But it looks like this will go forward in one form or another!!!

32 Likes

I love all the excitement, passion and collaboration going on. I hope everything goes smoothly.

4 Likes

You do have those, but I still have some as well. If we were gonna cross them, I’d offer up the seeds I have left so you could still make a seed run out of yours since you have the experience. Definitely not going to tell you what to do with them, but that would be my preferred course of action if I have any say in the matter.

4 Likes