Buddertons P1 Afghani mission

Thanks EG! Happy New Year! May it be filled with awesome selections and wondrous harvests! :grin::v::canada:

4 Likes

Nice one Legs! When I made water hash, I use to like doing it out in the shop, when it was cold out.
Seemed to get the nicest returns but my old hands paid the price!:rofl: Good luck with your chunk making! :v:

2 Likes

One of the best feelings on the planet the next day you open up that plastic bag and peel that wet towel open and all white tails.Good show old chap good show

3 Likes

Could that machine be used to press rosin bags too and not just hash bricks?If so thatā€™s one of the most affordable set ups for what it does Iā€™ve seen yet.Looks well made as well it has caught my attention color me intrigued.

1 Like

Could be used as a pre-press mold but not to actually press the rosin as thereā€™s no heated plates, I suppose you could Jerry rig it with a set? But youā€™re better off with the typical bottle jack setup I would reckon

2 Likes

You think heating the plates in a pot of boiling water would work?If water boils at 212 degrees and the temps for pressing are at 180 to 220 do you think that would be possible?

So it does say that these things can take heat, and I do plan on boiling them before pressing but thatā€™s just to homogenize the resin into a solid mass, similar to how you would with a bottle full of boiling water pressing and rolling temple balls a la frenchieā€™s tech. As to whether or not this would be hot enough to press rosin I really canā€™t say, but I know youā€™d need to get a different plate than what comes with this in order to do it. What it comes with is essentially a mold: i.e. a plate that slides into what is essentially a sleeve with a removable backing, if you wanted to do rosin youā€™d need two flat plates to squish the resin together as opposed to molding/forming it. This company does sell rosin presses as well, so again Iā€™m not sure if you could Jerry rig this or if youā€™d just be better off with a purpose built rosin press, my intuition hints towards the latter but Iā€™d be down to see someone else try it if theyā€™re so inclined

4 Likes

Thanks for the info definitely taking this one to heart.

1 Like

For sure! Happy to help

2 Likes

Happy New Year @Budderton beer3|nullxnull, thanks to the generosity of some common good friend :innocent: Iā€™ll be receiving these :seedling:. Really excited to grow them specially after reading the whole detailed process empollon|nullxnull. Lots of good info and tips, I donā€™t know how I missed this thread but from now on Iā€™ll be following your steps ā€¦ Pirata|nullxnull

7 Likes

Right on @George . Best of luck with them. I hope you find something you like. Feel free to post your results here, if your so inclined.:grin::v::canada:

7 Likes

@DOOBIOUS this is what A11 Iā€™m running is from.

2 Likes

Awesome, was so stoked for this, glad to see it turned out awesome. Love seeing everything you do brother, much respect

2 Likes

Thanks for your words @TopShelfTrees1 , I appreciate them.:pray:

2 Likes

Not got much time, but want to post a shot or 2 of one of the #11 top bud thatā€™s starting to shift to a pinkish glow in itā€™s extra long pistils!

:call_me_hand:

26 Likes

Just curious what day that is?

1 Like

Yo @Naptown916 , That was about day 16-18 of flowering, and that is from our first seeing/noticing flowering. :rofl:

4 Likes

Sorry, I promise I wonā€™t do it EVERY day! :joy:

21 Likes

Dang! Mine are just starting to put on buds was trying to gauge how quick this one grows, looks like a fast one. Good luck with the rest of your run.

2 Likes

Thanks @Naptown916 ! Iā€™m also just at a stage where lots of plants are declaring their sex and have had to cut a bunch of males and a fair number of hermiesā€¦so Iā€™m steadily planting more, and more!
Each time I put in a new batch itā€™s always Buddertonā€™s beans that pop first! :heart_eyes:

These are in a spot where they donā€™t really get direct sun until about 10:15 am and spent up until this last week under constant greenhouse roofing from at least 4 pm until 7-8 am. If they are anything like the autos that we just moved out into full sun (from besides Buddertonā€™s plants) I wish Iā€™d put them in fuller sun from the start. I lost one of the #9 to botrytis today, rotted out at right at soil level. It was one of the plants w/ a felt disc that acted as a mulch layer which may or may not have had something to do with itā€¦and the drip emitter was aimed directly towards the stem! Aggghhhh! Live nā€™ learn! Plant more seeds! :joy:

Happy growing! And good luck with those girls! Watch for those pinkish-glowing pistols on the #11ā€™s!

4 Likes