Buddertons P1 Afghani mission

Guess us ‘Freaks of Nature’ just stick together! :rofl: Honestly, I’ve never had one like this before, nor even heard of one! Really tempted to put a plastic bag full of pollen over it and shake it vigorously and say a prayer or two! :pray: :pray:

:call_me_hand:

9 Likes

That’s just wild! I can’t wait to hear whether or not there is a good high from her.

4 Likes

Are you sure it’s not pollinated already @Tlander ?

6 Likes

Love is in the air … :heart: :notes:frech|nullxnull
boff|nullxnull

6 Likes

I just had another look this morning and honestly, I can’t tell! The ‘buds’ (?) are so dense I can’t see anything inside, but it’s just packed with trichomed sugar leaves. I realized that I waited too long to try to pollinate it, as I think if I want any chance of getting it harvested without mold it means we’re very close to chop time already.

9 Likes

A11 female in a solo about 20 inches tall. Need to clone and flower her out

13 Likes

I pollinated one clone each of the Afghani #9 and a few others (Trop cookies, Oreoz, Do-Lato, jealousy, and Kush Mints) with some of the male Afghani #11 pollen today.

Male Afghani #11

20 Likes

Sounds great :blush:. I’ve got some plans :joy: myself. See what this ingredient is like alone and mixed!
Does your trop cookie stink like metallic orange?

4 Likes

Nice EG. Stout and bushy, with a thick stalk. I hope it turns out nice for you!
:grin::v:

3 Likes

Awesome stuff @GlassJoeGrows ! It’ll be interesting to see how the Affie clicks with the cookies/chem/og. I think there’ll be some good ones to be found .:grin::v:

3 Likes

He’s got some interesting cross. Looking forward to seeing how they come out.
The oreoz and jealousy cross have me the most curious

3 Likes

Kind of, yeah. It has a citrus smell but not a sweet citrus smell, kinda like a grapefruit but you could call it metallic or bitter, but the taste of the smoke has a bit of cookie to it.

Thank you! The affie has been great to grow and I think it has a number of really desirable qualities to bring to a cross.

4 Likes

I’m really excited for both of those as well! They were both very frosty and attractive, they’re drying right now but I should have pics of them dry soon.

3 Likes

Are you posting them anywhere?

2 Likes

I’ll be giving away the seeds when they’re ready. I posted a progression of bud shots for the jealousy in the nug shots thread, they’re replies to each other:

This was the jealousy close to the chop:

The Oreoz

And the trop cookies

28 Likes

@Budderton asked; “Are you sure it’s not pollinated already @Tlander ?”

I just came across some pictures of her (?) from early on in flower, when I was worried she might be going hermie and moved her away on March 13th. There were no pistils showing even back then!

Had a look again today but couldn’t see any seeds…or much of anything but sugar leaves full of tric’s!

16 Likes

Very interesting! Looking forward to harvest so we can find out for sure. :thinking:

@GlassJoeGrows i bet there’s some fire in those, I like the Kush mints idea best! Bet you get some real winners.

6 Likes

That’s wild @Tlander ! I doubt it, but did you keep cuts by chance? That would be one to experiment with. :thinking:

4 Likes

No, I sure wish I had! But this thing was probably 4-6 weeks old when it decided to start flowering out, so there weren’t even any branches to take!

2 Likes

Yeah it was a weird one. It looks like it’ll be a good hasher at least. And no pistils to clog your screens!
:grin::v:

1 Like