Buddertons P1 Afghani mission

Thank you! We’ll certainly see, I hope to be handing them out at the end of may. I wouldn’t even have the space to test all of these myself, so there’s no point in hoarding them. I have two other clones (Lemon Cherry Gelato and MAC 1) that are a little further behind the first 6; I’ll be pollinating those in a week or two as they show more pistils.

Kush mints is hanging to dry right now, it turned out real frosty.

26 Likes

She’s absolutely gorgeous! Been a favourite smoke of mine for years, never seen a cut over here EVER. Maybe one day, keep up the great work my friend. Always enjoy your content and grows

7 Likes

Here’s the Afghani #9 mother (cloned from the female I just harvested that I’m pollinating a clone of), which I’m keeping in veg for now:

And a flowering clone of the same Afghani #9 I’m giving to a neighbor as a gift:

But I’m flowering out another for myself of course :slight_smile:

I also pollinated everything again (the LCG and MAC for the first time) with the Afghani #11 pollen just to be sure today.

19 Likes

Damm @GlassJoeGrows , you sure are growing some nice looking plants over there!! I love the structure on that #9!
I’m happy you found one you like and good on you for sharing with your neighbor. I think you gonna get a few good batches of seed from those cultivars.
:grin::v::canada:

10 Likes

@GlassJoeGrows now I’m on a mission. Keep going back to your pic as I started bringing in cuts again recently and now I must have Kush mints. Well done

4 Likes

That kush mints looks amazing, love the color, great job @GlassJoeGrows. What is the flower time on her?

1 Like

Yeah, I wish it were as easy to send cuts as it is to send seeds, but this is what I can do for now to get the genetics out there. Overgrow the world and all that, right?

5 Likes

I believe I harvested at around 9 weeks and some change maybe 65 days ish

2 Likes

Yobros! I had to cut that one labeled only as “#11” in today’s post. We got our first rains this morning in many weeks and I could see two small spots of botrytis starting up. This was planted on Jan 12th, and then on Feb 8th it went into a 10 gallon airpot. Cut today (April 16th). @Budderton has told me he bred these for small grow spaces +/or cabinets…seems perfectly suited! The very first one, which was probably put in a few months prior to this one, was quite a bit larger (like 4’) but the last two grown in the tail-end of the short season were both like this in size.

Now, this evening, I just finished wet-trimming it up and though small (about 2’ from soil to tip-top), it’s really nice with 15 or so dense golf-balls! I’ve got way too many plants hanging to be able to get any clear smells! Looking forward to trying it out!

I also ended up with a nice small, black, very sticky ball of finger hash from just plucking the water leaves off stuff when field-dressing those 10 plants or so! Hmmm…might have to try that out tonight!

Thanks again Bud(erton)dy!
:call_me_hand:

24 Likes

One of the smaller buds on Budderton’s Afghani #9. It’s frosty and terpy, even though I let it run a little longer than I should have, and it’s more amber than I prefer. If you’ve got some of these seeds, they’re definitely worth a grow.

31 Likes

She’s beautiful

2 Likes

Beautiful photo

3 Likes

Right on @GlassJoeGrows . It looks like it would wash out nice!:gem::gem: Did you get any A11 females to the finish line? I’m wondering how the 2 compare. I considered the A11s to be better quality but that #9 has me rethinking my initial observations. :thinking:

6 Likes

I have not gotten an A11 female to the finish line; I only ran a few because I was supposed to be using the tent to hunt a pack of thug pug pearly whites (meat breath x white truffle), but they all grew pollen sacs on me (such are white truffle crosses). I brought in the clones because everything from seed was a little further along, and since I liked everything I grew, I figured I could use the A11 male as a pollen donor.

4 Likes

A sound decision @GlassJoeGrows . :grin:
I guess I’ll have to wait till this winter, when I start selecting for F3s, to make any further conclusions. Thanks for your insights and I’m happy you found some that you liked!
:v::canada:

4 Likes

So the bad news is, I might not have BA#9 x BA#11 seeds to give away. The good news is I might have fem BA#9 pollen!

I found some stock STS solution from about a year ago that had been kept in a cool, dark place in a closed 500mL wheaton bottle and decided to try it on the BA#9 when I started to flip the clones. I thought it didn’t work due to age at first when I applied it ~ 3x over ~ 4 weeks, but sure enough, the girl sacked up!

Edit:

15 Likes

Not sure if I should be congratulating you not😂. It sounds like a good thing.

2 Likes

On balance I think it’s a good thing, I just don’t know what I’ll do with the pollen. Assuming I get enough of it and it looks reasonably good, I may just give it out. But we’ll see; no pollen has been harvested yet so I can’t promise! :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I think it’s a good thing also. So congratulations :tada:

3 Likes

@Budderton , mate.
Some different clones from the ‘revegged after harvest’ plant - ‘A9’ - iv just put most of them in my flowering tent.

I’ll update you when buddage starts to happen.
( Lol.). :+1:.

I’ll be making some hash or oil with a couple of them when they finish.
Cheers for sharing these seeds bro :facepunch:.

Happy growing peeps’
Gaz

22 Likes