Buddertons P1 Afghani mission

The Affies are looking sufficiently Afghani and are exhibiting smaller stature then the hybrids around them for the most part. Weird to be excited for smaller plants but that’s what I want from these. Now I have to figure out if I should cull the big one with nice structure for growing too fast!:man_facepalming:

:v::canada:

25 Likes

@Budderton, absolutely beautiful!!! Don’t cull the big one!!! That could be the “one” that hits it out of the park!!!

2 Likes

Depends if you’re after making a dwarf afghanica line :sweat_smile: Then bigger individuals might destabilise the progeny, since it seems the dwarf gene is recessive(it doesn’t display in hybrids). :thinking:

Pz :v:t2:

2 Likes

We had the same type of traits from the original LA Confidential from DNA Genetics, which I believe is a parent in the Afghani P1’s.
Definitely Not what someone is trying to pass off as LA Confidential now, not even remotely close to the original DNA Genetics LA.
One pheno was short, squat and bushy, and the other was a taller, lankier pheno. Both phenos were tasty, EXCELLENT smoke, the taller one yielded almost twice what the squat ones did though. It’s a shame that DNA discontinued the LA, as it was a unique taste that could be picked out of a blindfold test quite easily.
@Budderton was very cool and sent me 2 phenos of the P1’s, hitting dirt in the next week, can’t wait to see what they hold inside those beans!!!

5 Likes

Yep. I have 2 parallel lines going, based off LA Affie s1s x Afghani Hash Plant. Both are tight, fat leafed and similar in terpene profile. The differences are that one is average size with average flower( at least I think so) and the other is small in stature with about the same amount of flower , only better quality.
The idea being, once each line is stabilized (as much as that’s possible)they are different enough that when they get mixed together there’s a shot of heterosis, AKA hybrid vigor, but similar enough that they come out looking like the same thing.

15 Likes

Reminds me of Tony Green’s RIL process

6 Likes

I’m truly geeked to open the room back up again, and get some plants going, and the 2 phenos you sent me are 1st on the list!!!
I’m really anxious to see what they hold inside those little buggers, LOL
Got the step kids excited too, as they are learning, and helping for a 3rd season now. They
are doing real well, and enthusiastic about the plant we all love. Now I’m hitting them with something they have never seen before, short squat Indicas!!! It’s going to be a fun run this year, as I’m actually going to do a full run inside this year, as well as our annual “swamp boxes” outdoors.
Once again, THANK YOU @Budderton for sending the Afghani P1’s they are going to be hitting soil hopefully in the next week, just have to get back to feeling OK again, then it’s on!!! LOL

7 Likes

Awesome @Kgrim ! I’m glad you have your stoke level at high! And it’s great to hear you’re passing on the tradition. One of my kids was doing really well and could root a tray of clones with ease and pick out sex on plants earlier then I can but she decided to give me a grandson and had to redirect her energy. I’m OK with that.:grin:
Best of luck with your starts! I hope you find a few good hash plants!

Yeah, definitely one of the conventional paths in seed making projects. With the parent stock being so similar, I don’t think this one will be too hard. (Knock on wood)

9 Likes

Couldn’t agree more! @Budderton is super generous dude, really inspiring.

Still can’t get that Budderton’s afghan line x Afghan 90 Dwarf pheno, out of my brain. :partying_face: Too bad TRSC sold out on the dwarf packs, I would snatch them up and send they to you in a heartbeat @Budderton.

Pz :v:t2:

6 Likes

Thru all my searching, I’ve only found 2 folks that have mentioned DNA’s LA Confidential, and low and behold, Buddeton was 1 of them, and to my surprise, has been working a line with it. I am super stoked, as it was a very very distinct tasting smoke that everyone within our small circle really enjoyed. We Could have 2#’s of great bud, and 1/2 OZ of the Confidential, and every single person would reach for that 1/2 OZ to roll a joint, LOL

6 Likes

I had an LA Confidential X Exodus Cheese called LA Cheese once and the effects were so pronounced in the head and the body but completely separate, that I thought my head was not part of my body. It was not a good feeling. Though top 5 most intense effects from cannabis that i’ve had.

7 Likes

@CocoaCoir That sounds like something I’d love to try, maybe only once by your description, LOL

3 Likes

38 Likes

Nice BIG FAT leaves!

4 Likes

The super seven, displaying various levels of stumpyness.

33 Likes

Love the work! :green_heart: Keep up the good work as always. My brother decided to pick up the hobby last year so I decided to throw him my DNA LA conf pack. Made him some water only soil and I honestly don’t think the results were great as far as quality. His buddy gave him some beans as well. I think he may have mixed the seeds up starting them… 🤷

16 Likes

Thanks @OGSince03 . Yeah that doesn’t look like the LA Con I remember but who knows? Good on you for hooking up your brother though!
:grin::v:

4 Likes

The super seven where actually the sizzling six. One was a Tiger Affie that l mistook for an A11. Basking under the violet glow of my top of the line, circa 2016-17, Kind XL750. :sweat_smile: It was actually a pretty cool light to switch to from HPS back then.

Although they are all fairly similar, there is enough differences to tell me I need to look at a bigger population of these f2s to make sure I’m getting the best out of them. I’ll still open poll these six and put a asterisk on it but I’m also gonna cross the males with some far Sativas and other undetermined stuff. Going into flower in a couple wks.

24 Likes

Nice consistent look on these.

2 Likes

do you defoliate in veg ? have a few Chem D at 2 weeks veg and had to do a heavy defoliation- (Chem- a very strong plant, robust, giant fans, ect) cause generally do “it” at week 4(veg) or a few days before flip) was trying to keep my hands off plants in veg but really can’t because of growing indoors. thinking now that if I defoliate bottom 1/3 of plant (fans) I will get those lower bud branches more light to develop. Ever hear of “Schwazzing” the plants look simulator to - but will really grow the next 2 weeks in veg. getting ready for"Tricycle" (Triangle Kush S-1 x Biker Kush) and “Glitter Trike” (pure OG Kush x Triangle Kush (timer permitting will do a journal) Thanks @Budderton !!!

2 Likes