Buddertons Tomfoolery

Well the original seed pack was f4 that the seeds u got were f5, so you would be taking em to f6, glad to see ur gonna do preservation on em cuz those were a limited release pack (only 300 sold) and the packs sold for 400, hopefully I can get some of the babies when ur done with that project! :wink:

5 Likes

Not yet, still to wet to smoke. Tried anyways last night and it just wouldnt burn, couple more days :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve been busy getting through the Cobra Lips overflow and have been neglecting the up and comers. They are not liking the 1 inch starter slips anymore. These are Pure Kush x Triangle Kush fems, Triangle Kush S1s, and Biker Kush regs.

And speaking of the Lips, here’s a Cobra Lips F1 clone, vegging out. The thrips on it will soon be dealt with.

And a wacky bud shot of SFV OG in the front and 2 Sour Taxi ( can I call it that @Emeraldgreen ?) In the background. Shot on the angle of the SFV, it kinda makes a tilt a house effect. A tilt a bud!

Happy weekend everyone!!
:grin::v::canada:

40 Likes

It’s named sour taxi by @Budderton !
I hate coming up with names :joy:
Those Sfv are looking awesome!

10 Likes

Thanks EG. There’s some awesome phenotypes coming out of this run of Sour Taxi and if they smoke as good as they look and smell right now, I’m definitely gonna do some stuff with 3-4 of them. I’m thinking S1s and fem crosses maybe.
:grin::v:

14 Likes

That’s great. I hope they smoke as well as they look for you!
As always looking forward to seeing and hearing all the details!

4 Likes

Looking Awsome in here as always budderton!!!
That sfv looks super tasty🤤

You had enough of all this white stuff yet🥶

Got a question for you, what’s the longest you have kept snips in the fridge?

3 Likes

I just pulled some out of the fridge at 52 days. Look great. Perked up within 24hrs.

9 Likes

Yep, just about done with winter @Justblazin .
I’ve kept snips for 8 weeks in the fridge but I’ve got some new protocols that may allow me to go 12 wks. Just waiting on my next round of snips to try them out. :grin::v:

11 Likes

@Budderton
Speaking of new protocols, here’s a photo of the testers at 2 months, they went in 1/7/23, still nice and green and plenty of moisture to keep them going. I was thinking of posting a how to on this with a journal to track the experiment. My hope is to push these to 4 months so you could basically take cuts during veg and then have them for your next run or even the run after that. Seems like what I sent you will totally work though.

Original cuttings

One month

Two Months

35 Likes

Right on @Naptown916 . I think you making a dedicated thread to show the tech is an awesome idea! For me, if I get 3 months, that gives me enough time to flower and have a quick dry sample, before I root anything. Saves a lot of space in the veg room when your hunting phenos. Root the best, bin the rest. :grin::v::canada:

24 Likes

So just cut and put in a sealed jar then into the fridge? That’s it no moisture added to the jar not wrapping the cuts in wet paper towels?

6 Likes

I put a rooted cutting in moist perlite in fridge for 30 days and it went smooth…friggin thing was jostled around and tipped over a bunch too. Flowered out well.

6 Likes

There’s a bit of a cleaning process first but yeah, no added moisture, no wet paper towels for long term (8+ wks) storage. I usually use zip locks but I’m gonna try mason jars next time. I hope @Naptown916 makes a thread showing the process. Your success depends on how clean(mold spore free) the snip is before it goes in the fridge. :grin::v:

14 Likes

Wow!!! Can’t wait to see!!

And get some hot salsa next time…live on the wild side, bro!!! :hot_pepper: …lol

8 Likes

I’d prefer zip locks over jars wife would spin a nut filling her fridge with jars .

11 Likes

Right on @Tappy . I’ve read of guys keeping cuts in perlite or even a glass of water in the fridge for up to 30 days. I’m not sure how they would fair after 60-90 days. Plus I can fit a easily 100 snips in shoe box size Rubbermaid.
Any strategies that can keep the veg room uncluttered with copies of everything your hunting at the moment is a great thing! :v:

6 Likes

Yeah. I like zips when I’ve got a lot to back up. As I said above, I can easily fit 100 snips in a small Rubbermaid at the bottom of my seed fridge. I think how often your into the fridge may effect your snips that you’ve got stored in there, now that I’m thinking about it. :thinking:

6 Likes

Yeah, after 30 days I had some brown on the main tip…probably wouldn’t have lasted much longer.

Can’t wait to see your results!

4 Likes

So basically as long as the plants there coming off are clean just cut and stick in a zip lock .

5 Likes