Buddertons Tomfoolery

She doesn’t have any nuts so you can guess who’s are gonna get rung.lol

4 Likes

Too Funny SS

3 Likes

The difference in growth when you can select for rhizomorphic development from the agar culture is wild!

2 Likes

I started putting the guide together this morning after I posted that pic, it’s a lot of info but I’ll try to get the sterilization part up today

5 Likes

Right on @Naptown916 !

I’m so glad you’re doing this. It’s a really useful tech that you don’t see utilized as often as it should be. Now we’re gonna have a comprehensive guide right here on Overgrow, thanks for that!
:grin::v:

9 Likes

Thank you! you got the wheels turning over here. The sterilization and storage parts are up with the make your own vessel link and making sterile water as well. I’ll get more on the rooting process and the trials for the next couple months as well.

5 Likes

Great thread. That Giraffe Puncher looks really special.

2 Likes

It was a dead end. It was really nice but had too high of a rate of intersex to make seed with. I’ve got a bunch of crosses I made with it in the fridge that I’ll probably never grow because of that. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Bummer…such a great name (that you could utilize on another strain :wink:)

2 Likes

Na @CanuckistanPete . I don’t wanna play the name game and put it on something else. Adds too much confusion down the road. Lesson learned. Don’t put a name on something till you’ve got it worked a bit and know what it really is all about. :thinking::v:

10 Likes

When did the Giraffe Puncher start to show intersex traits? Was it in late flower or more early on… and how prevalent? Just curious.

3 Likes

Same. I’ve got a pack of those set aside that I was pretty excited about😵

3 Likes

Stopped by my buddy’s house this evening. He gave me a handful of Lemon Slush to try out. They smell amazing! Just like a box of Trix cereal. I’ll let you know how they smoke in a few days. @Budderton

26 Likes

It was a weird one. I ran about 12 or 13 females from seed to select for F2. That run from seed , along with a few other runs from seed were all good, no intersex and I picked 4 females and had 2 males set aside. When I flowered the clones in preparation to pollinate 2 of the 4 showed nut sacks on the lowers, at week 3-4. The second worst type of herm in my opinion. That run suffered some stress due to low temps but it was enough for me to scrap the project.
I think the F1s out there will be fine to grow in a relatively stress free environment and will produce some great phenotypes for consumption but I wouldn’t make more seed with it. It would just be adding to the shit show, if that makes sense. :grin::v:

16 Likes

Right on @VAkish ! That Lemon Slush was some hella flavourful Herb and I’m happy to hear the F2s are coming out likewise, especially considering I got a bunch of packs out to Vets during the Veterans Day giveaway. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on how it smokes. :grin::v:

14 Likes

I just grew a couple of your giraffe puncher and didn’t have any intersex issues. They made nice fat chunky buds and smelled like fruit punch.

10 Likes

Right on @Judsbuds , I’m glad they turned out nice for you. Yeah, good to grow but not so good to make seed with. :grin::v:

9 Likes

Finally made till here…better late than never!
Wonderful reading through this journal @Budderton, looking forward to reading all about ur Afghan tomfoolery…
I sure did learn a lot from ur male bagging tech to collect pollen and the fridge-baggin method for storing clones. Nice contribution by @Naptown916 with his glass tech clone storage as well…
Looking at all those bud pics…I’m not ashamed to say I’m still drooling…:crazy_face: who wouldn’t!
I’m very happy to have come across your work and sincerely thank you for sharing some of your crosses with me. :pray:t3: I’m not sure if i could get them started soon but sure as hell would tag you the moment I do!
Cheers bro! :green_heart::herb::alien:

I’m here to stay tucked away hidden in the corner…don’t mind me…you just do your thing…:wink::v:t4:

13 Likes

Right on @iceman , nice to have you around! :grin:
Thanks for your words, I appreciate them. I’m just over here trying to do my best for the plant.
I hope you get some good ones when you do get to popping some seed. Happy hunting!!:grin::v:

6 Likes

What makes up the Lemon Slush? Here I was excited about the Giraffe Puncher… Lemon Slush sounds sounds good too. I’ve had Jacks Cleaner II which was very lemony… almost astringent like lemon cleaner… hence the name I am assuming.

6 Likes