Buddertons Tomfoolery

Veg spot is about to be empty so time for the next round of hunting. Going heavy on the @BasementBeans this time, with a bit of @santero and the dwarf line, Appy 11, to hopefully go to f3 with it.

The green stuff is aloe vera plant in hot water that’s been blended by a smoothie maker. It will turn red by tomorrow. Why, I do not know but it is the most successful (and easiest) way I’ve ever done starts.
Happy Friday!!
:v::canada::grin:

33 Likes

Awesome lineup man. I’ll be following along for sure. Best of luck

1 Like

Oxidation? :thinking:

Happy hunting. Best wishes as always! :slightly_smiling_face::v:t3::herb:

3 Likes

Right on @MonasticDank . I’ve been telling BB I’m going run those for close to a couple yrs now. Nice to finally get them wet.

Yep, had to ask the Google machine…
“They also stated that Aloe vera contained substantial amounts of iron (64.8 mg/100 g)”
Here’s one, about 24 hrs later…it sure works good for me, whatever is in it!!

And had to take a pic of the cute re-veg popping out, way down on the stem, just above where the cotyledons were.

:v::canada:

27 Likes

Nice strains! I’d like to have enough room to start that many seeds, I’m limited to a 4x4 tent. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

The tiger series! Can’t wait to see how they do. I remember his pictures being :drooling_face:. It’ll great to see them all side by side

3 Likes

With non starts, stalls, losses, and a hard cull there won’t be as many making it to flower as you might think. Usually 25-35% make it and then 1/2 of those show male and are delt with. So perhaps 13-17% of the starts will be females that go to flower.

I know, right! About time I got them wet! I think he’s worked the Tiger Mints to F3 or 4 already. Looking for killer females to keep around for a bit, but not adverse to putting a few interesting males up on the shelf, till I can test them out.:grin:

9 Likes

I think your body might go into shock/spasm if you didn’t keep some new males around :joy:

1 Like

One of my goals is to be able to redo killer true F1s that I find. So I have to retain the 2 original parents in order to get the same heterosis pop every time. Have to be able to keep males, till the progeny are proven out. Easier said than done but not impossible.
:grin::v:

10 Likes

I’ve shown it before but it’s so cool so here’s the process of waking up snips that have been stored in the fridge. Theses have been in the fridge for 6 or 7 wks.

They start coming up after a couple hrs and after 6-8 hrs are now ready to root as per your usual way. Save time, energy, resources by storing fresh snips in the fridge till you’re ready to root them.

42 Likes

Wow, they look beyond help in the first cup pic.
Then back to life.
Just plain water?

6 Likes

That’s a beautiful thing !

3 Likes

You can and I have used plain water but this time it’s a mix using Diablo Monster Rootz. It was a comp to try out but I’m not sure if I’ve noticed any difference from plain tap water.

5 Likes

As soon as I read this before 4-5 weeks ago, I snipped some and put them in the fridge. Completely forgot about them and today saw them when I was getting some stuff. They looked the same as when I put them in.

12 Likes

Right on @THCeed . I find after 8 wks, the odds of them coming back start to go down and by 12 wks you’re getting into mush territory.

10 Likes

Can confirm, been there :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

YO BUDDA :metal:. It’s almost time for me to pop the Trikes you gave me:

Getting a couple more test kits, i should have these going in the next week or so :+1:

8 Likes

Right on @RookieBuds ! Please keep me updated on how they go for you. Best of luck with your starts!!
:v::grin:

2 Likes

If we remove the excess moisture in the baggie that accumulates over time storing, along with quick pat dry of any wet plant material then into a fresh dry baggie. Would it increase storing time before the mush factor sets in?

6 Likes

More then likely you’d introduce additional mold spores into the bag and end up mushy anyway. Maybe if you did the work in a still air box, like we do mycology, but I’ve found that taking them out of the fridge, messing with them, and then putting them back in the fridge almost always ends badly. Now I don’t even look at them till I’m ready to root them. I’ve rooted 10 wk snips but I think I’ll let a few that I don’t care about sit for 16 wk and see how they fair, for shits and giggles.

24 Likes