Buddertons Tomfoolery

You did indeed! Hasn’t gotten here yet, but the plants aren’t even sexed yet either, so there’s time. As far as finding Silver Mountain seed, I might be able to arrange some F2s for you to hunt through soon if nothing else. :wink:

5 Likes

It’s all coming together!! He’s doing a f2 also!!

3 Likes

That’s what I found in the Appalachia f3 I grew from h&l as well.

Well shoot let’s get you some mountain temple then! That’s where others have mentioned finding the sprite pheno.

2 Likes

Nice @MikeyMeteor . Yeah, I’m looking forward to seeing them run down in the southern states this season. The MM x NH took 16-17 weeks and the Malawi Gold took 14-15 weeks to finish inside under 11/13 . So I’d expect the cross to be right around a 16 weeker but time will tell. Please keep me updated on how they do for you.
I’m putting mine into flower soon, so I can save males for a back cross to the MM x NH and get some Affie 11 f2 pollen on the females for a far sativa/far sativa x far Afghan batch of seed.

7 Likes

Right on @Cormoran ! I forgot who I had sent that too. Awesome man! Yeah, I’m in no rush for anything. I’m booked up till the end of summer at least but definitely interested. Best of luck with your selections!
:grin::v:

3 Likes

Your only booked until the end of summer? Is that possible!

3 Likes

I thought I had read that H&L selected away from the Chem funk, with the further filials on the Appalachia. After some quick research, the mountain temple sounds intriguing. Looks like its gonna be in the Appy/Haze,Sativa combos. I sense a hunt for the sprite coming up this fall!

5 Likes

I’m wrong he’s doing silver mountain f2 :rofl::rofl::rofl:. Dream beaver gave me some tropical fruit smells. Might be a direction to look

2 Likes

Best not to get too far ahead of myself. I have long term goals but need to complete the steps to get there first. :grin:

2 Likes

This is what sanity looks like. :joy:

1 Like

Fantastic work all the way around @Budderton. Working blindly from an old strange strain, you’ve created a true Monster Budd !!

Your work on the Appy strain and mixes is going to draw a C R O W D.

I’m THERE ! Cheers to a great grow

4 Likes

Yes that’s what I heard/read as well, but I’ve never gotten anything fruity from the appy or her crosses. Yet. Do you have any of those mountain temple, did I possibly send a few with those others a few months back?

3 Likes

I have my eye on a couple that are not foul or fuel and are still developing. One I thought was zesty, a Cobra Lips f2 I think. The Golden Triangle x Appalachia are mostly OG Kush type terps but a couple have something else going on but need time to mature.
I can’t remember if you sent me MT with the others(old stoner brain) . Do you remember sending some? I’d have to check in the fridge, as I don’t keep a list( but probably should):grin::v:

11 Likes

I think I may have sent a few but can’t remember either. If not when your ready let me know.
Keeping an eye on those gt x appy.
Finished a gt s1 and it’s straight triangle(from what I can tell) but insanely frosty. Got another going to see if that pheno comes up again.
Have a great weekend.

4 Likes

Golden Triangle x Appalachia

Baboon Wine x NYC Chem phenos

And I really nerd out over branch angle and using it as an identifier in veg.

:v::canada:

45 Likes

I’ve been meaning to ask @Budderton did you get a new camera? The pictures are awesome

4 Likes

Nope. Cheep ass cell phone camera.

7 Likes

They’re coming out great

3 Likes

so you like the more vertical or more horizontal type of branching if I had to pick I would take the more vertical as I like to crowd my plants

@Budderton

3 Likes

Thanks EG. I don’t want the pics to be too nice or they could end up on a white label seed seller website as "whatever strain you happen to be looking for at the moment "

I like vertical for indoors and horizontal for outdoors but
I mostly use branch angle, along with other morphology, for matching males to females that I like , of the same “strain” The idea being that the females that where like “this” in veg went on to make desirable flowers, so the males that where also like “this” in veg may impart something similar. The more factors i have to determine what “this” is the more I can make comparisons in veg and narrow down male selection to that type.

18 Likes