Buddertons Tomfoolery

Thanks for the words @Gazza . Sorry to hear your shut down, I hope all is well. You don’t need to be growing to hang out, you know, but I look forward to when you popping beans again.:grin::peace_symbol:

9 Likes

Hi @Budderton :wave: :grin:

Great breakdown with the pics of your process :clap: I was thinking of trying the fridge technique for cuts, but I’m afraid they wouldn’t last 8 weeks. I don’t think they would even last 1 week cause I love making canna juice :joy:

12 Likes

Right on @Oldtimerunderground ! I should make a dedicated thread on the process, I guess.:grin:
I get 8wks, no problem, but I’d like to push it to 12-14 wks. That way, if I take the snips right before the donor plant goes to flower, I can get a dry(though uncured) sample to help determine what to keep around, before I root anything. It really saves space in the veg room.:crossed_fingers:

16 Likes

Come on @Budderton…admit it…you have a Pet Cemetary for plants, dontcha?!?

7 Likes

I don’t want to be buried
In a pet cemetery…
RIP Joey.

10 Likes

It is quite the resurrection…a lot of people will appreciate this.

8 Likes

ICC, very nice!

6 Likes

Thanks man! I have a feeling yours will finish faster in the octos. I was thinking if I ran these again I would drop from 12/12 to 13/12 after 4 wks or so, to try and hasten maturation. Best of luck with yours @Floyd !

5 Likes

:thinking: Pass me some of what you’re wake n bakin :laughing: you know it’s good shit when it adds an extra hour to your day :rofl:

Edit. Jus playin Budderton, I know you meant 11/13

7 Likes

Actually while I have your ear. How was the stretch. Growth in the octos is fast, easy to end up too tall.

4 Likes

Lol… just noticed that.

5 Likes

Oh yah!
I blame the Giraffe Puncher hash.

The get tall,fast! At least 2x stretch, maybe a bit more. I was just in sunshine mix #4 so I imagine their gonna take off in the octos.

17 Likes

Thanks for the info. Will flip them early just to be sure.

4 Likes

Dude this is great, I wish I would have read this earlier in the week. I had some questions about the viability of the pollen I used in my outdoor run, that and knowing that I wrapped those cuts of the male I discarded motivated me to pull em out and try to root em and they e been lookin rough like your first photos for a while, starting to come back a little bit though I think, but next time I’ll give em that soak like you did. Such cool tech man!!

7 Likes

Right on @LegsMahoney . I do the same thing when making fresh clones as well. I like to let fresh cuts soak for a couple hrs before I apply hormone and put them into rock cubes. I find a much higher success rate then putting fresh snips straight to cubes. Good luck with your male. I hope it makes a comeback.:crossed_fingers::v:

8 Likes

Just curious you ever use a bubble cloner? I used to do cubes and rooting powder but since getting the bubble cloner there’s no comparison in getting stuff to root.

8 Likes

I used a homemade bubble cloner for a spell but I went back to cubes and dome with no problems.:grin::peace_symbol:

7 Likes

Hope you don’t mind me coming in here. I was looking for ICC pics and found this thread. Lots of really outstanding plants in this thread. Excellent work. If you don’t care I will set to Watching.

9 Likes

Of course @BigMike55 ! Everyone is welcome here! Lots of tomfoolery to be had by all!
And thank you for your words.:pray:

6 Likes

Ill be hanging around too. Lol

4 Likes