Buddertons Tomfoolery

Look above 8 days ago …I’m not the only one haha thanks brother

2 Likes

So many good threads it’s easy to miss stuff.

2 Likes

To easy I’m already reading about the gummies lol my woman always wants to try and make them !

2 Likes

I’ll get to them eventually :joy:

2 Likes

@CADMAN here it is! Along with a bunch of other cool stuff

1 Like

Spent the day cleaning lowers and prepping snips for the fridge. These are from Wolf Pack females.2♀️/6-7♂️ on that one.

An example of each of the two phenotypes on the New Hope, @schmarmpit .

In one gallons, as testers. Lowers have been trimmed since, and stored in the fridge. Just looking for a top bud to sample, for now.:grin::v:

19 Likes

Wow that’s a lot of males in that pack!

1 Like

Wow, that’s crazy! I’m guessing the taller one is going to lean more Sour Diesel but I’m interested to see what you get!

3 Likes

I didn’t seperate the ♂ phenotypes, just by genotype. I cut 2-3 snips off each and then bagged them all together. At least 4 different males per seed batch in one bag. If I’ll like the females of a certain batch, I’ll root all the males I have saved from that batch and sort through them. But yeah, snips from around 35 males. Most will end up in the bin. :grin::v:

7 Likes

That’s what I was figuring too. Time will tell, they’re going in to start cooking tonight. :grin::v:

3 Likes

I was looking at the 2 females and 6-7 males out of the pack. I’ve had similar ratios before and it sucks!

1 Like

Lol, just re-read your post! I thought it read alot of males to pack, not in a pack.:rofl: My bad!
Yeah, that ratio sucked on the Wolf Pack but the 14 ♀️s outs 18 on the SD x DT more then made up for it! Was that a fluke? Have you popped any of those yet @Emeraldgreen ?

3 Likes

I have not popped any of them yet. I dragged my ass over glass for a while about trying to hold onto stuff with bugs and such. Finally got to the point where I want clean room and plants. Threw out 95 percent and starting over. I have to start popping way more seeds and work on being able to cull out any that aren’t phenomenal. Second part is going to be a challenge!
The ratio on sd•dt is fantastic! They are moving up😂

3 Likes

How long will the snips keep?

5 Likes

I’ve successfully rooted at 8 wks but I’ve read of guys going 12wks. It kinda depends on how your store them, and how much spore load was present when you packed them. I try to do it in as clean an environment as possible. You almost wanna iso the snips down and pack them up in a still air box, like they use for mushrooms, to try and keep mold spore out of your bags. In fact I’m gonna do that next time.:bulb::grin::rofl:

8 Likes

My still air box. I’ve done quite a bit of mycology work in this one.:v:

15 Likes

Hey there brother !
Quick question…you think if I pull some snips on a plant almost 2 weeks Into flower they will have a decent shot at surviving cold storage and then rooting ?

3 Likes

I’ve never done it but it’s worth a shot @Rabeats2093 . Do you have a lot of pistils already?

3 Likes

You can definitely iso cuttings in fact it’s a part of the TC process. I would take a mason jar with your cuts, add 70% iso, shake briefly, then drain and come behind with distilled water. I like to rinse twice with water. You can also do the same thing with a drop of dish soap. Same process. Here’s some sterilization how to from my TC manual with the complete process. I’ll pm to you.

6 Likes

Negative just realy starting to hair up
Plan on taking them from the lower half where they will get shaded out anyway!

6 Likes