Buddertons Tomfoolery

Yeah. I like zips when I’ve got a lot to back up. As I said above, I can easily fit 100 snips in a small Rubbermaid at the bottom of my seed fridge. I think how often your into the fridge may effect your snips that you’ve got stored in there, now that I’m thinking about it. :thinking:

6 Likes

Yeah, after 30 days I had some brown on the main tip…probably wouldn’t have lasted much longer.

Can’t wait to see your results!

4 Likes

So basically as long as the plants there coming off are clean just cut and stick in a zip lock .

5 Likes

Hypoclourious Acid work for cleaning the cuts before the frig?

4 Likes

I cut them extra long @ShiskaberrySavior , because I re cut them after I take them out of the fridge. I find woodier cuts from the bottom of the plant hold up the best in the fridge. The soft fresh tissue doesn’t hold up well at all. I leave the top 2-4 leafs on as well. There’s a little write up on this thread with pics of how I do it somewhere up there.:point_up::point_up::grin:

12 Likes

I keep forgetting this is a thing :upside_down_face: I’m as impressed and intrigued as the first time hehe.

Quick question, do the cuts have to have some size to them for mid/long term? Would a 2" cut survive more than a couple weeks ?

5 Likes

:laughing: You posted simultaneously to the answer you seek

4 Likes

Here it is.

9 Likes

It’s surprising how often that happens @HeadyBearAdventures !
:sweat_smile::v:

5 Likes

Trippy :laughing:

Thanks Mr Budderton! I’ll give it a try right now.

3 Likes

5/7 inch clones might be over kill ?

3 Likes

@Budderton method deff works accordingly. These cuts lasted 24 days and deff had alot more fridge life left in them …perked up over night …
Posting for a demonstration!

9 Likes

Nope. I make mine right in that range. You have to curl them up a bit to get them to fit in the bag.
Another big thing is when you take them out and re cut them, let them soak in a cup of water/cloning mix for a good 6-24 hrs, under soft light, to wake them before they go into the rooting medium. It’s pretty cool to see them go from limp, dead looking things, to upright, and spreading their fans. :grin::v:

9 Likes

The preferred method is a mix of iso/water at about 10-15% mix. Totally submerge the fresh snip, then dry in a clean environment as you can.
Next time I do it I’m gonna use my still air box that I have for doing mycology type stuff.
I got that tip from a smart tissue culture guy here on the forum. Sorry I missed your post EG.
:grin::v:

5 Likes

Did you make the still air box? I used to be able to do open air work with lots of Oust, back in Kansas, but here in AZ the aerial microbial count is way higher, so everything contams.

5 Likes

Yep. Nothing fancy but it works. I couldn’t do anything open air. We’ve got a high count around here too. Constantly battling contamination but I was able to get some nice runs in. Been shut down for a bit but I’ve been thinking about pulling a print out and laying out some agar.:mushroom::grin::v:

13 Likes

“Spin a nut” lmfao

Have not heard that, well, in a coons age.

There gonna be clones taken come Topping time… yeHaw

2 Likes

She doesn’t have any nuts so you can guess who’s are gonna get rung.lol

4 Likes

Too Funny SS

3 Likes

The difference in growth when you can select for rhizomorphic development from the agar culture is wild!

2 Likes