Bug identifying

Hi, can anyone tell me what type of bug this is in the stem .

1 Like

Can you get a picture that is a little closer. Hard to see what you have going on. Aphids? White Scale?

2 Likes

I’ll try to make it bigger, thanks.

1 Like

3 Likes

Aphids…100%.

8 Likes

Damn! What can I use to get rid of them? Thanks

1 Like

I would just go to the garden store and get a spray that kills aphids. Just make sure the spray is safe for fruiting plants.

1 Like

Ok, I’m researching it now. Thank you!

1 Like

Not sure where in the world you are so I cant say go to this store or that store.

1 Like

I’m in a legal state.

1 Like

Go to Home Depot or Lowes then. Just go to the garden section and tell the people there you have aphids on your plants and need something to kill them that is for fruiting plants. If they ask what type of plant, that is your choice if you want to tell them it is for weed. I would just say tomatoes myself.

1 Like

A few applications of some soapy water in a sprayer will usually wipe them out
You can also dust them with Diatomaceous Earth

4 Likes

Ok cool, thanks!

1 Like

Aphids.

SNS makes an easy product.
Get the one with rosemary and thyme - those two melt exoskeletons

I make my own sprays with essential oils then use protekt or potassium bicarbonate as the surfactant.
I dont like actual soaps because you dont want to smoke a chemical surfactant.

Spray plant liberally so it drips into the soil. You wanna kill those fuckers that burrow in the top inches of the soil too.

Then, figure out why are they there.
Ants farm aphids (i spent a mushroom trip watching ants do this).
But also, plants when unhappy put out a hormone asking nature to kill it. Most often this is a result of a mineral imbalance in the soil or overfeeding.

You can play with the plants hormones by switching between essential oils (Jasmonic response) and watering in aloe or coconut (salycic).
Read up on SAR vs JAR if you wanna know more.

5 Likes

As @Wuachuma advised, sierranaturalscience.com offers solutions able to be used up to day of harvest!! Items SNS 209 Systemic Pesticide and PC Organic Insecticide ($7.99 EACH) would be great choices. Be sure to drench the Soil/Media to get the Eggs. Go Luck, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Safer brand insecticidal soap kills them nicely. Anything with potassium salts of fatty acids.

If your plants are small enough, making the solution in a 5 gallon bucket and flipping them over and dunking the whole plant works fantastic

1 Like

Thanks for the info!

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll give it a try.

Thanks, I never had them ,probably got it through a clone I got from a friend.

1 Like

yup looks like aphids to me.

3 Likes