Bullskinners 2020 Hillbilly Grow Show

Hello Everyone!! I’m starting my first grow journal ever and a little nervous about it. Allow me to tell you a little about me and what I do. I’m in my mid 50s and have been playing this game for 30 plus years. I’m just a poor country boy, been on the same piece of dirt all my life and pretty much live a self sufficient lifestyle. I raise a big garden, hunt, fish, have chickens and usually raise a pig or 2.
I am a 99% organic dirt farmer (grower) and try and not spend to much on supplements. I have a worm bin, lots of compost piles and an unlimited supply of shit…chicken, sheep, horse, rabbit and cow. My main focus is outdoors. I hope this year to run 3-4 plants each of about a dozen strains. I am currently searching for mother plants to clone from. I’ve never been very good at keeping records and I hope this journal help me with that. I was planning on just taking clones and throwing them on 12-12 and flowering them out to see what I had but my plans have changed. I started these seed January 5 and had them veg for 3 weeks and flipped them to flower about 3 weeks ago.

Here’s what I currently have going.
2- Bodhi Hashplant 4
2- BOG Sour Boggle
2- Bodhi Herrer HP × SOUR Boggle
4- Oregon Green Seed Bionic Snowdawg
2- Bag Seed Paiona Purple Paralyzer
1- Bad Dawg Chrome Diesel × 3 Headed Dragon
1- Bad Dawg Sour Diesel × 3 Headed Dragon
3- Auto Lemon Skunk…gifted by @misterbee

These are all currently in 1 gallon pots in my soil mix. I have 2- 4 foot 4 bulb T-8s and a 1000 watt burple that I would say really puts out 300 watt.
After a little more culling I am going to flip back to 18 hours lights on and reverse these so I can take cuttings for outdoors. Then I have 4 new BOG strains plus some others I’m going to start. I’ll post better pics and a little better detail of the plants asap.

44 Likes

Bogs sour bubble is nice. I grew his sour bubble bx3 a few years back and it reminded me of bubba or la confidential because it is super indica and had a unique crown of thrones bud structure and smells like lime. Shit yield but high quality

6 Likes

I’ve not grown the Sour Bubble bur I love the Sour Boggle. Great all around outdoor plant. I love it so much I ordered 4 more BOG strains

6 Likes

Hi there @Bullskinner. I like your lifestyle…wish I was more self sufficient. Plants are looking good!!

2 Likes

Looks awesome. This is the style of growing I aspire to when I get some more land lol. Some interesting genetics too tuned in and looking forward to it

4 Likes

Thanks for making a journal! Looks like a really happy group of plants. And an awesome lineup to boot!
I love that you try to live a self sufficient lifestyle - what a great way to live in my opinion.

Looking forward! Hope you find something good in there.

5 Likes

Rad! Welcome! Nice to see another outdoor grower! Looking forward to the show!

3 Likes

Thanks much everyone. I hope I can give you all something worth watching. I’m going to try and journal everything I do grow related. If it’s not raining in the morning I’m going to haul in some fertilizer and maybe work a couple holes up. It’s still awfully cold and wet here. I won’t plant until May 1st at the earliest so I have plenty of time

7 Likes

Pulling up a chair :tv::tv::tv:

3 Likes

I wanna say I’m honored to have you guys riding shotgun with me. I’m sure along the way I’m going to need some backup. When the bugs get bad I know I could use a little help with the fight.
Here’s a look at some of the other strains I’ll be running this year. I’m thinking I might need to break out my 600 w hps/mh.

19 Likes

3 Bodhi strains. Sunshine Daydream × GG4, Herrer Hashplant and Hashplant 4

17 Likes

Nice strains youre running there, @Bullskiner! That GG4 x SSDD sounds delicious! Man, and kudos to you being self-sufficient! Not a bad way to be and certainly great skills to have if/when all this polarization being generated in the world blows up in our faces, :zipper_mouth:…rant over. I have folded up my legs beneath me and planted my butt along for the ride!

5 Likes

Good to have you along. I only grew 1 of the GG x SSDD out last year. I was pretty impressed with it. Nice big plant with real good structure. I’m not very good at describing taste or aroma but it taste good and I love it for daytime smoke.

5 Likes

Me neither! I am always amazed when peeps are talking about smelling cinnamon or lemon or stuff like that, which are things I can smell on their own but when it comes to my weed and the description of its smell or taste, they usually fall under one of two categories…Danky or not danky! :nose:

4 Likes

Read self suffient and had to follow.

Plan to be doing the same in the future. I run a garden but its not quite enough to year in and year out simply don’t have the space. Relying on no one but yourself for the basics of life must be very fulfilling.

I’ll join the ride :thumbsup:

5 Likes

@randrobertson522 I love to read some of the descriptions and some really sound good but I never taste what the guy writing the descriptions does. Now I have to say it either taste like that seeded Mexican we where flooded with in the 80’s or it taste good. I do love the taste and high of Sour Boggle, that is why BOG strains are so prevalent in my garden this year. I can’t wait to grow this gear organic and outdoors. I am shooting for good taste…i just can’t describe it…lol

4 Likes

@invisible I’m glad to have you along for the ride. I do work hard to be as self sufficient as possible and love everything about knowing where my food and smoke come from. I am a long ways from totally self sufficient but I do all I can. I will attempt to show a little bit of everything in this journal but focus on the weed of course.
I think everyone here has a little bit of what it takes and can understand why I prefer being self sufficient…we all prefer to “Grow our own” for one reason or many

6 Likes

Thanks for putting it out there, welcome, you are among peers. you had me at unlimited pile of shit…lol

4 Likes

I’m pretty big on organic spinosad all the way through veg and BT in flower for bugs then caterpillar control.

4 Likes

Glad you could come along. We do have a lot of shit down on the farm…Need any?

4 Likes