Burn, Lockout, PH?

I want grow in summer again. Too much power.

1 Like

Only outdoors for me in summer now. Wasnt too bad when I was under my old floor growing. But the loft has been hitting close to 50c some days. Far too much power

2 Likes

Same here. My grow area isn’t the best. But it works. But it is easier in the winter. @MCR0161 I’ll be back around. Very nice looking plant.

1 Like

I’ve put all my money into podcast equipment so the grow space has been put on the back burner. I’m thinking of just doubling up tent space and running a 600w HPS for the winter. Cheap and cheerful. Run AN sensi pH perfect in coco. It’s a method yet to fail lol

1 Like

Coco is sweet. I agree. I use it sometimes. I do notice a difference when I don’t. Happy for you on the podcast. 600w is the way to go in cold weather. I would use it for heat.

1 Like

I think it’s stopped growing. It hasn’t gotten any better or worse. No bigger, no new development. Nothing. I tried some calmag, but it seems like the plant has just stopped…

Another symptom I’m seeing on this plant. Leaf tips are curling. Some are worse than this.

1 Like

To me, I think its just being over watered.
You said it had been in 3 rain storms, and I’m guessing you watered in the calmag?
Have you tried lifting the pot to see how heavy it is?
That’s usually a good way to quickly check if it’s too saturated.

:v:

2 Likes

Oh yeah. It’s definitely not overwatered. I have multiple plants, and this is only happening to the plants with that particular soil.

I think it’s over fed. That particular soil had a small amount of nutrients already in it and I think that’s what’s happening.

I bought the soil a while back and I’ve never liked it. In my opinion, it’s a terrible soil. I just wanted to use it up and get rid of it and unfortunately I’m paying the price. Because my other 8 plants are perfectly fine.

So, all of my plants are in pro mix HP with all my nutrients in amendments. These three plants are in this :arrow_down: soil with my nutrients and amendments. Same exact mix just different soil. I didn’t think it was an issue, because the existing nutrients in the soil are very minimal. And I don’t add a lot of my personal stuff. And I only use all natural and organic ingredients. And the plants were big and healthy. I even added perlite to this bad soil for better drainage.

I used the soil last year also and had nothing but problems with it.

1 Like

Could be slight nitrogen toxicity. Usually accompanied with darker green leaves and downward claw like leaves leaf colour can hard to see that in photos. Nitrogen toxicity will slow the plant to almost a stop in the growth department.

1 Like

Ah I see, yeh I don’t like those soils with “8 weeks feed” etc mixed in.
Could well be over ‘feeding’ then

1 Like

And I’m thinking a bit of a pH issue. If the rain is constantly watering my plants. And rainwater is between five and 5.5 from what I understand. That and the overfeeding, I think could affect this.

And I can’t water the plant with a proper pH water to adjust it because it’s either already wet from rain water or we’re getting more rain soon.

So if I water it myself with 6.5 water and then it rains the next day or the next few days now my plants are overwatered.

Growing plants in pots outdoor can be tricky, especially when it’s been very rainy this summer. And the plants are too big and in too big of pots to be moving in and out of the house.

I also use coast of Maine Stonington blend on occasion, and sometimes I have negative effects with that, and or positive affects with that soil. But every time I use pro mix HP with my own personal fertilizers and amendments, my plants seem to do great.

I think I’m done using premade “super soil’s“

Rain water in soil shouldn’t cause too much of a problem with PH, the soil biology will likely buffer that, and plants do prefer a slightly lower PH than a higher one anyway.
If the soil PH were too low that would also prevent too much nitrogen uptake. So since it looks like it has enough (or possibly too much N) then I’d assume the PH is OK.

1 Like

Then, I’m just blaming everything on the soil. Haha!

I’ve always use the same fertilizers and amendments. I never had a problem. I’m also growing multiple CBD plants in the ground and they’re doing amazing.

It’s got to be this damn soil just not working with what I did to it I guess.

Oh well, lesson learned. Now I just have to figure out how to fix it so these plants don’t go to hell.

1 Like

“Progress“

they all grew their whole lives, in promix HP with my personal fertilizers and amendments. The largest plant in the photos I transplanted into the same exact mix, but one of the fertilizers was a Bloom instead of a veg.

The other three plants I transplanted into that organiccare mix with my amendments and fertilizers, and the bloom mix. And this is the result. The large plant is doing great and the other ones not so much although the smallest one is not doing so bad. The Calmag seemed to help a little bit. The yellowing on the close-up photo is now turning to brown. And that’s the plant that’s doing the worst.

I actually had a seedling do the same thing it basically stopped growing with the same results. Yellowing in the center, new growth, and then eventually turning brown. Eventually a slug ate the top of the plant and somehow the plant kept growing after that it never did good though. It was always a runt. I always assumed it stopped growing and turned yellow because I put that seedling directly into a hot mix. That’s what I’m assuming is happening here as well. I just didn’t think this would be too hot because the plant was over 2 feet tall and very healthy. All of these plants were flawless. Until I transplanted them into that organic care crap.

2 Likes

What the hell is this?!

2 Likes

I’m unable to “reverse engineer” the cause with the datas, but the plant shown is now in the necrosis stage (from the problem). It’s not additional, it’s a consequence.

And actually, nice genetic lol She lasted a dozen of days before showing it ^^

Maybe not a bad idea to let a glass outside to test the PH of this rain, just to throw this lead from the equation at least.

1 Like

Looks like a combo of sulphur, zinc, iron and boron at this point.Probably the micro nutrients out of whack but it’s looking most like sulphur from being over watered and you’re getting a domino effect and possibly even a little root zone issue like rot…How’s the drainage on that soil? It’s really hard to tell from pictures. Just take a look at my earlier comments lol.

2 Likes

I agree the problem is in the soil, might be too alkaline so blocking Iron. Also see that mentioned Boron def, remember the Calcium conspiracy :smiley:, too much Calcium blocks Boron and Zinc, wondering if that CalMag has something to do with it icon_e_confused|nullxnull .

I would do a slurry pH test and see if it is too high… beer3|nullxnull

b2aaa58ca9f4e75a5c4eda77500d9d814276d05a_2_535x500

4 Likes

Can you elaborate on that?

1 Like