Part 3 - Trying to get it right

Well I’m back to growing after a ton of bumps in the road. I’ve managed to store quite a bit, and it’s about time to grow some more! I’m a licensed grower, so I’m able to hold 100+ plants. One day I will try a SOG, but I’m still planning it out.

I do have a habit of killing my plants still lol. But I’ve also nailed a few over time but far in between. I’m really hoping to get this new grow right, so I’ll be updating quiet a bit with this grow.

My setup is as follows :

Coco / Autopots
Megacrop
RO Water

Veg tent
2 Fans
2x4 Tent
240watts - solstrips
18/4 Light Schedule
Lights are at 24" from my babies
Humidity 70%
Temperature 24-26 Celsius day - 21 Night

Flower Tents (Currently 2 - 1 more tent being setup)
2 Fans
3x6 Tent
320watts - solstrips
12/12 Light Schedule
Lights are adjusted so they don’t burn
Humidity 45-50%
Temperature 25-27 Celsius day - 21 Night

Upgrades
So turns out the shitty TDS pens I’ve been buying are complete garbage so I’ve upgraded to something better. Turns out I was feeding my last plants 3ec, FML.

20 Likes

I’ve now potted up some brand spanking new seeds! I was once hooked on auto-flowers, but decided to grow some photoperiods. All the seeds where donated and most are from Overgrow! The one thing I do ok at is getting them to veg, so not too worried at all here. This will also be my first time growing a mother, so I’m sure a ton of these will be tossed.

Decided on coco for my mothers as I’ve read (correct me if I’m wrong) that you can grow the mother out, and start a new one with a clone. In the end, I may not keep all of them, just want to try out a bunch of new strains.

I went with 3 seeds from each strain.
230ppm - Megacrop
6.2ph
Placed in a humidity dome.

I will put the mothers in a 1/2-1gallon pot, though I’m still thinking about it. Also upgrading my veg tent to something bigger, either a 3x6 or a 5x5.

17 Likes

Thanks for sharing, interesting start. 18/4 in both veg and flower tent is a typo or a new kind of schedule? Following your progress … popcorn

5 Likes

Nice setup and variety of strains you’ve got there, I’m sure there’s some interesting stuff to be found in that collection.

Any calmag ? I always see deficiencies without it using megacrop and tapwater in coco under LEDs.

Yeah you can take clones of what you’re growing out and keep the best ones as moms. If you have room for it I recommend keeping all of the clones around for a while after harvest before you choose the keepers, except for obvious duds. You might change your mind about who’s the favorite after a good cure and a few smoke sessions, or the one that grew best might not be the best smoke.

6 Likes

Typo! I can only imagine after 2 weeks after moving to my flower tent and its still on 18/4. Lol

3 Likes

Definitely watching this…:sunglasses: :fire: is to be made!

3 Likes

I can’t wait to smoke them! I’ve grown probably 16 different autoflower strains, and in the end fell in love with Cream Cookies from fastbuds. I’ve got an additional 4 other strains going also that I planted awhile ago (I’ll post more photos tomorrow) and I’m sure I’m going to lose a few once the show their sex. In the end I’ll be happy with 6 different strains, and I’ll drop more seeds until I taste them all.

I do have calmag on hand and will use it if needed. I’m just picked up a new bag of Megacrop and I’ve read some journals on other forums saying they didn’t need to add it. I’ve given it a try with one of my plants, just megacrop and ro water. She was a runt from the start, and overfeed her at one point but she’s doing OK. I’ve backed off down to 1.4ec and tomorrow the lights will need to be lowered.

That’s the plan! I’ve got plenty of seeds and I will be planting another round once I’ve tried the buds of my first grow. I’m looking at getting a 3x6 tent and have 2 levels which will give me a ton of space.

10 Likes

I hope I don’t disappoint, but be ready for it lol

4 Likes

Post once every few days with details or things that you notice and people will keep you on the right track mate. Sometimes it’s just enough to be able to confirm something with others but to be fair not much can go wrong with your setup if you keep the usual factors in check.

5 Likes

A saying among my mates is if it smokes then you didnt fail at rolling and if it doesnt then roll another! :rofl:

3 Likes

Will do for sure, going to post as much info as possible and lots of pictures. Questions I won’t be short of lol

This round I will be relaxing after I check my plants with a joint. Not while checking my plants cause that has lead to major problems in the past. I think I’ve shot off my autopots a few times and killed them lol.

Bang on! I’ve got enough bud from some past grows, and 85% of it smoked nice, the rest just gets pressed into rosin.

3 Likes

I’ve been looking at Autopots myself lately . Just cant make up my mind on buying them or not . Going to follow along . Good luck with your grow .

2 Likes

good start, question and guess continuation of my PM i sent yesterday but with the autopots are you occasionally say top watering with just water or periodically giving them a flush, just cause if constantly bottom feeding the media tends to build up all the excesses your plant doesn’t use, which usually causes one to run into issues further into the grow. As that one plant above even though you did say was possibly over fed at one point, does look like its on the high saturation side nutrient wise. 1.4-1.5ec does seem like a good level feed wise for MC

Also are you pH adjusting your reservoir water ?, MC needs next to little to adjust it into range by lack of buffers with my experience, but for me does drive low on first mix up and if i don’t adjust it.

5 Likes

I don’t tend to flush, so maybe that’s one of my issues. I will be flushing out these ones maybe every week or so.

For pH i check the res in the morning and night. With the latest version of MC I’m finding it’s no longer drifting insane amounts. I know the last bag I’ve had would drift from 5.6 to 6.2 within 24hrs, it was a constant battle. Now this batch seems to stay pretty stable with a drift of .4 over night and does seem to hold steady.

2 Likes

I only ph adjust when filling my res, is the drift your seeing probably due just to the mix up and settling, or is it constantly rising every day ?, also consider evaporation loss can do this and will increase the ec at the same time.

What are you using to adjust ?

and yeah probably giving a back flush once a week would be beneficial

2 Likes

My res would drift up everyday, if unchecked it would go past 6.5 with ease. Yesterday I potted up 4 plants, and will be waiting a week or so before I turn it on. So I’ll be posting results, but currently my big jugs that I’m using to hand feed is very stable, drifting up slightly.

I’ll be posting updates later today after my plants wake up from their name. This morning a bunch of seedlings have sprouted.

2 Likes

Majority have sprouted! I will check them later tonight, and tomorrow will most likely be their first feed.

I’ve got feed ready at 230ppm Megacrop and 160ppm calmag at 6.2ph.

Also decided to pot some auto flowers, and when ready they will be turned on. I’m waiting till their leaves reach the side of the pots.

Just feed at 600ppm Megacrop 160ppm calmag. For a total of 1.52ec 5.9ph. I’m planning on feeding once a day after lights on.

ZKittles

Alaskan Purple

White Widow

Diesel

When I take pictures moving forward i’ll turn the lights off and get some natural light.

Also managed to press some bubble hash I saved up. This was the low grade bubblehash, and plan on doing my higher grade press sometime next week.

12 Likes

I’ve taken off the humidity dome, and have given them their first feed.
230ppm Megacrop and 160ppm calmag at 6.2ph.

7 Likes

Noo! So 80% of my babies aren’t looking hot. Overwatered too much?

230ppm MC @ 6.2ph
Lights are 24" above
Temp 24degrees and humidity at 65%

5 Likes

Maybe too much feed? I was told that until the first pair of complete leaves the plant had enough nutrients in the cotyledons so no need to feed them. If you have given them 230 + 160 = 390 ppm looks a little high for me … :sunglasses:

tds

7 Likes