C-Rex Cretaceous Cannabis Cave

Crex cheap-ass cloning machine? Tupperware or equivalent container about 4 inches deep, and a cake cover from a grocery store birthday cake. Seedling heat mat. All the usual stuff, rooting cmpds, I use or not, roots liquid, stimroot, a local clay rooting powder, and a piece of aloe. Rinsed perlite, rockwool, new razor, dental pick scissors, and donor moms. Take clones as usual, about 4 cups perlite , place clones at same height, about 1/4 of the cubes in perlite with a half inch or so of perlit below cubes, fill with water to bottom of cubes, then top up with water every other day, slowly letting cubes get a bit dry on top before adding more water. No misting necessary, clones will wilt slightly the first day then will be ok. It can be tricky to adjust water level. I find if they stay soaked always, the clones root slowly, and algae can build up on cubes, so moisture level must be watched (but not as much as misting with a loose top like I have). Seeding mat is most costly and important piece of equipment with this set-up. Exposed clones struggle as my top don’t fit right,and the room is cool. BUT I am too lazy to be up and down the stairs 4 times a day to mist clones. If I shift the ill-fitting dome side-to-side each day, it helps. I can get 12 clones in this set-up, it takes a cpl weeks to root, I’ll update the clones.

10 Likes

These clones I dipped in aloe then half treated with stimroot, an the other half with the clay based one. I marked them so it will be interesting to see if there is any difference.

2 Likes

Greenman organics Horn Dawg cut at 70 days

12 Likes

Gotta start the summer beasties soon…

16 Likes

Just creeping wifes FB and found someone with the same screen name, I think I was on here before 2015… the only one I found with crex was a kid that did a recycling drive for tin cans. There is a band with the same name now too, Knew I shoulda trademarked it. Yeah that would’ve been smart BEFORE legalization…rats perhaps cannadasaurus, that sounds snowflakey DAMMIT. CannasaurusrexOG? oh fuck no…LOL Maybe the artist I lifted the avatar from has a suggestion (besides, “stop using my work”) ?

4 Likes

when do you put them out …where i am at its not safe till the end of may …

2 Likes

Late May when I synch up my veg lite to daylight outside, but the last couple years I put them out 1-2 weeks before the solstice, on June 10 or so I veg and pinch until then, and put out large plants into ground and in 25 gal containers. I don’t have any deluxe light dep chamber/greenhouse, so I don’t want my plants re-vegging or getting confused outside.Right from 18/6 lighting to outdoors I am in central On and there is almost 16 hrs of light a day on June 20, but light steadily decreases from there. IF I plant small clones or seeds, they go out at last frost (Victoria day weekend or the one after). Depending on strain, flower set is usually first week of August. Thats why containers mostly, 25 gal rigid pot is the largest 2 people can move into my basement, if the weather goes south before our Thanksgiving.

2 Likes

hum was asking cause i am thinking about a gorilla grow…am a bit south of you … this info on when they go into flower is very helpful to me …was thinking to put out clones from my blue kush which has a short flower time of about 8 weeks …can not be tending them or moving them around due to the way things are here and i planed to just grow in native soil…

2 Likes

Clones tickey boo, just topping up tray daily. Quite cool at night but they look fine, makes them tough, if they survive.

Greenman organics Horn Dawg og 10 weeks

7 Likes

Transplanted 1 dynamite diesel 4 Sundae Driver (Greenpoint) and 3 Strawberry Biscotti Sundae (Cannarado) into 1 gallon pots about 2 weeks from sprout (I don’t keep track of weeks in the veg room), I just go about 6-8 weeks depending on size training etc. Final containers 7 gal used in veg for final couple weeks of growth before hitting the bloom room. Looking fine, so far. Also the 2 Pebble Pushers and 3 Bodega Bubblegums hit the bloom room this week

4 Likes

well now, the transplant is now a potential disaster, I’ll get a pic of the leaves getting a bit of necrosis, as a result of putting them in soil that was too hot. As I’ve stated, I grow in 5-7 year old organic soil, but I id something I obviously shouldn’t have. I made my mistake in October, when I pot-up my soil for winter indoor use, from the pile out back. Most of the soil goes in finishing pots (7 gal.), the rest goes in totes, which I leave outside under cover. I didn’t put one of the totes under the eaves an just put a perforate top on it. It has no drainage holes and filled with water, and froze solid (like the unsoaked soil). Well dumbass here just tried to drain off the water and add perlite to get the consistency right. 2 days after transplant and I have browning on the lower leaves. I tested the run-off from the pots with my new Xmas present, ppm meter (the water going in is 12-18 ppm rain/snow water), and from 1/2 gallon poured into a 1 gallon container, my meter read…480… OOOPSIE. I haven’t tested my run-off in 3-4 years lol also have never used a partially cooked, possibly anaerobic mix, to plant my seedlings in. Sooo I’m out of rainwater, its -10 celsius outside and I’m halfway thru flushing the 8 little darlings. I transplanted 1 straw bisc. sundae to a 7 gal that just finished its first cycle, and was good to go, soilwise. I may have to rinse down the roots and repot, or flush and ride it out, as my ph in the runoff is 6.7 ish, which is not alarming ( I have to look somewhere to find out whether anaerobic reactions cause the ph to drop or rise?? in the meantime). The roots have already hit the bottom of the 1 gallon containers after just a couple days, so I think I will just melt some more snow and flush a bit more. I got to about 325 ppm on my initial flush, so I’m getting there. I know ppm of runoff with organics is not the same as chem nute measurements but it is a troubleshooting aid to me. I am guessing undercooked and somewhat anaerobic as the cause of these (free nutrient buildup) numbers and the leaf damage, but I could be way off? Time will tell! I’ll get a pic or 2 up tomorrow. My clones are still good LOL

4 Likes

what does ppm mean ?

2 Likes

If you have some LABs or EM1 they will help outcompete the nasty anaerobic microbes. Could easily help your situation. :+1::seedling:

sorry…parts per million of dissolved solids(salts etc) in the water. Salinity/mineral/impurity content of water tested. We’re on a well and our water(while fine for human consumption) sits at over 150 ppm up to 350 ppm or so depending on the season. Its mostly Calcium and magnesium and sulphur, from the limestone laden water table, but is considered ‘hard’ water. Clogs pipes and water heaters and coffee makers, I would love a reverse osmosis system but, for plants, I use rainwater. Occasionally I will go 1:4 tap:rainwater mix, but my soil has a lot of calcium (crab shell, oyster flour,Chicken poop, etc.) and magnesium from compost and a pinch of epsom, and sulphur from the onion rich composter. I noticed years ago the well water effect of lockout, especially my early attempts at Chem genetics, and OG’s, for some reason. The only white crusty shit on my soil nowadays is the chunks of floating perlite LOL

1 Like

I aerated with gravity, air, and finally mixing perlite, castings and bio-live? (myco and others fungi/bacteria) They look OK this morning, again I’ll get some pics. The soil has a normal soil smell (the rest is in a tote, without the cover, in the basement this time) to it. Hopefully just an incomplete ‘cooking’ that is now in hyper-drive? Fingers crossed. You make the LABs or EM1, is that correct? excuse the ignorance/lazy web warrior question pls.

3 Likes

thanks for the explanation …i use well water …here it is iron …turns everything rust color …been using it and have not seen any problems …but then i am doing chemicals and not the delicate soil/nute thing your doing

2 Likes

your welcome , I’m flattered a long time member such as yourself (and ReikoX) are looking in…thnx. The well water situation in this area varies wildly from property to property, Untreated well water is undrinkable anywhere north of central Ontario due to the geology. I am right on the old shoreline of the ancient lake, that is now the Great Lakes, and is old mudflats and beaches that are now fossilized into limestone. My kids used to love going out back to the stone field fences from the 1800’s and fossil hunt, shit they are in their 20’s and we still go rockhounding lol.

4 Likes

my kids are in their 40’s… the only reason i am any good at this growing thing is cause i grew up on an organic farm and we grew everything… we all had to help …so to me weed is just another plant …my dad gets our garden soil tested to make sure everything that grows in it is super high value food …he is 87 and still growing …any way your grow is extremely interesting to me

6 Likes

You are good, your nose would tell you real quick if you had nasties in there.

Glad they look better. Yes you make LABs or you can buy EM1 which has LABs and other beneficial microbes.

2 Likes

There’s the burning on the seedlings. I am waiting for my water to melt and I will flush again today, I think I got it in time. another couple of days and we’ll e able to tell for sure. Hoping just a simple case of uncooked soil, too hot for seedlings, Only the Strawberry biscotti sundae showed burning, the other 2 strains seem a little more resistant to my impatient foolishness.

5 Likes