C99 freak phenos

Jfc kids nevermind and have fun I guess

5 Likes

I like the look of the little freak. Keep her going and see where she lands!

3 Likes

I have grown C99 and used her in breeding but I have not seen what you describe. However, my experience was years ago with seeds from “Brothers Grimm” so its not exactly the same. My C99 was great genetics. :grin:

4 Likes

I’m growing my backcrosses of the original C99 seeds (from Ron of Heaven’s Stairway) and a cross I made about 22 years ago - C99 X (C99 X Peak19). Plants are very vigorous, green and healthy. Shorty at the back far left was started weeks after the others. Am sexing them now.

Soil, Osmocote Indoor-Outdoor Plus, 15-9-12, 8-9 month. Here’s the link - My gardening drills, the easy way....and a Help Desk if you're "needy" LOL. Questions? Fire away, I'm here to help. | Page 3 | International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

@mighty_nugs need more info before I can make an assessment. What’s the NPK and micros for starts?

Have you checked for spider mites? Looks suspicious.

How did you germinate? In 2020 I got 100% germination rate on a backcross I did about 20 years or so ago. Who did you buy from?

Uncle Ben

8 Likes

Nothing ‘wrong’ with them other than the odd pheno, other plants in the same container doing very well. Everything normal other than some mites being fought next door with daily neem sprays. I been doing this a minute and I don’t even measure my ph ppm and so on anymore, so super details just aren’t available :man_shrugging: gh floranova measured the same way we Italians cook :pinching_hand:

That being said secondary growth is coming in normal and vigorous on the larger one, so again pointing me to nothing out of order per se. I have also had good results with other beans from the same source so I don’t believe that to be a factor. Germination happened in a plain ziplock w/paper towels on a seed mat.

The c99 was the primary strain I wanted to grow this round, so it likely is just boiling down to luck I guess :wink: lol

I hate the paper towel method as I do quite a few of the other methods and crap like cannabis specific foods… that just won’t die. Some kind advice, stay away from Bloom foods. They do more harm than good.

I don’t do bro science either, only botany.

Good luck

1 Like

Very kind and productive thank you. :joy: