Cali Connection seeds

Sfv og kush
Males one with stretchy floppy structure one much thicker ridged branches

Females both have the typical og structure , one is a little less floppy.

There was a additional male and female but both had leaf mutations and found there way to the compost bin.

6 Likes

I am interested to see how these turn out, I have a pack of these. Hope you get something special

1 Like

Iā€™ve grown them in the past , itā€™s a good one for sure.
These will be getting crossed back to themselves and a few other things like ghost og , bubba kush , 92og, super lemon haze and a old skunk plant from NorCal.

2 Likes

Out of that line up which one is your favorite to grow ? And why?

The 92og , it has a better structure then other cuts of og kush, yields better and has much more complex smell and taste. I like them all though for various reasons Iā€™m kind of a strainaholic :rofl:

2 Likes

I am sure they all have there plussesā€¦ hopefully one day you can add that master kush to your stableā€¦ I must say I am envious of your strain assortment. A while back I was where you are at now strain wise but let them goā€¦

1 Like

California is a good place to be for genetics , I had just about given up hope on finding a legit bubba kush or ghost og but was able to get verified cuts a few years back , hopefully the master kush shows back up but if not I have plenty of hashplant, Afghan and Pakistani seeds to hunt threw and find something worth having around :grin:

4 Likes

Julius Caesar 100% germination rate on Cali connection beans so farā€¦ guess not everything you read is true.

9 Likes

in the beginning of 2022 i cultivated 3 strains da cali connection feminized. 818 Headband, Mint Milano, Chem Valley Kush.

Plants with a good development, alot resin, high yeld and much terpenade.

I dont had problems with herms or low germ rate

i want to take a pack of 818 regs to make a hunt, one of the best a i ve smoked.

3 Likes

So I have two males and two females from the sfv og kush that have made it to the breeding round.
One short squat male with thick branches and one extremely fast growing growing lanky typical og style. For the girls there is one that looks a lot like the ghost og and another that looks very similar to the 92og I have, she even has the same sharp zig zag growth pattern. The lanky male smells like skunky burnt rubber sour green bud and the short thick makes smells a little more sweet and minty but kinda acrid at the same time.
Iā€™m very happy to see this stinky stretchy male as it looks and smells just like a previous male I used from the same genetics to creat one of my favorite strains I grow. I was growing these out hoping to find a similar male and this one is spot on , the thick short one is neat to. For comparison the short one has not been topped while the one twice its height has , drastically different growth rates and structure. The shorter thicker one is also devolving slower itā€™s just now growing hanging balls while the stretchy one is about to let loose with the pollen dumping.
The boys

The girls

10 Likes

Also I have light leaks , harsh cold temps and not one unstable plant so far from these sfv og kush.

3 Likes

@Heritagefarms are you making seeds or is this just a run to show the Cali connection gear? Just curious.
I hold your Lavender seedrun seeds tightā€¦many thanks for that.

Iā€™ve been wanting to grab more Cali connection seeds, but canadian to usd conversion is brutalā€¦and shipping hurts tooā€¦lol. watching my cash since the cancer blah. Donā€™t wanna break the bank, so figured Iā€™d askā€¦lolā€¦looks awesome!!

1 Like

ā€¦I always heard/read cali connection was bogus af and didnā€™t even know where most of their stuff came from. or they outright lie about their gear in general. :thinking: I think this is the first Iā€™ve heard of anything they have actually being decent or accurate :sweat_smile: The thread on RIU from 2013 talks quite a bit about it.

Why not just get the SFV OG clone only and hit it with an OGā€™ers male or something?

1 Like

Sameā€¦lol. I met some of their guys when I was in amsterdam many years agoā€¦was really the only reason I ran their purple diesel. Was great smoke and all seeds had consistent growth and finish results. Was very pleased.

3 Likes

@Tappy im breeding them to make more beans and cross them to a few things to repeat a breeding I did a few years ago that had amazing results.
@HolyAngel swerve has received a lot of hate over the years but there has always been drama in the seed breeding community. 99 percent of the people with something bad to say about Cali connection have no photos to back up there claims , all the grows with pics are fine. A huge percent a kush clones out there were hunted from Cali connection gear but people donā€™t give credit weā€™re it is due esp after the drama between him and rezdog.
I have oger beans but they grow different and there is questions surrounding how they came to exist in regular form that have been discussed on the oger thread. I used to have the sfv og clone but ditched it because the ghost og and 92og are much better.
There are people who think og came from oger beans but I assure you it did not, oger is the result of work orgnkid was doing with the og kush clone he got from Southern California.

3 Likes

Yeah obviously ogā€™ers came from the clone plus some outcross, not the other way around. But that means taking an oger male to an actual og clone like the SFV or Ghost or the 92, should still net you more OG type plants in the offspring. Its essentially a backcross.

Looks like Swerveā€™s SFV OG beans are SFV OG x Afghani #1 and then worked to F4 or something? wikileaf is a poor place to source that but looks like theyā€™re not the only ones that say that :thinking:

Could always do the same with this though. Take a male to your 92 or ghost and have more og type plants.

1 Like

Think what I actually heard on the OGā€™ers was a male popped out of some s1ā€™s and orgnkid used that to make the OGā€™ers seed line.

1 Like

Yep Afghan # 1 is what was used from homegrown Fanta seeds if I remember correctly, Iā€™m not sure how many backcrosses were done but I think the info is on there site. There is already afghan#1 in the original og kush from nevils Hindu that was not a pure Hindu.
My main reason for growing these is not to cross back to og even though that is happening itā€™s to repeat a breeding I have done before as part of a project Iā€™m working on. I originally used a male from swerves sfv og kush so thatā€™s what Iā€™m doing again.
Ogers are great beans and I have a lot of love for orgnkid , I would not have the bubba kush or ghost og if not for him but there just not what Iā€™m growing atm.
His banana og is great and Iā€™ll have that soon also :grin:

4 Likes

That is correct, that is how he says it occurred.

2 Likes

The sfv og kush are moving along , one of the girls has a very strong raspberry cough syrup smell going on while the other smells more like a musky forest floor. Out of the two males the shorter thicker one got killed due to failing some stress tests. The taller stretchier male is who has made it to the breeding round and was allowed to do his thing.
The male that was eliminated was able to be stressed out into growing hairs so was not used.
Id say roughly 1 out of every 5 males is actually a hiding hermaphrodite that is male dominate and needs to be stressed out to show it herm side. Some will disagree with this but for me itā€™s one eliminating factor.
Once males start to get drop pollen I collect it individually and then put them back into the veg tent , some will freak out and grow hairs some wonā€™t. I then apply pollen from the stable male plants.

4 Likes