Can plants get pollinated in veg?

I was just in the grow room a few minutes ago and noticed a male with pollen sacks. Some pollen sacks have already opened making pollen fly. My question is can the females become pollinated? The plants have been on a 14 on 10 off light schedule for the past 4 days as im slowly inducing flower.

3 Likes

Your female plants would have to have pistils in order for the pollen to
do it’s thing. Assuming your plants have not yet developed pistils, the pollen will not pollinate your plants.
But you may have pistils popping soon, so best to clean up as well as you can now.

7 Likes

The only pistils that have formed are the ones that told be the plants were females. I went to the store tonight and picked up some bleach and isopropyl alcohol. Im waking up early tomorrow morning the spray the plants and clean up the room also

5 Likes

i was wondering this too … i have a few males in my veg tent that have been there forever and lots of the girls in there have their preflowers with 2 stigmas each so i’m not sure … even if they did get pollinated though, it could only be a single seed or maybe 2 which develops in each pistil … luckily my males preflowers haven’t developed past a single tiny bump, no sacs or pollen yet

2 Likes

I was thinking about pollinating one of my moms in veg. I has lots of presex pistols and would take the pollen for sure. The seeds will develop in veg.

3 Likes

Do it up. Thatd be interesting to see too

1 Like