Pollinating Pre-flowers

GOOD MORNING OVERGROW!!
First, thanks for stopping by, this might be an easy answer. But I’d like other growers’ input.

I was gifted a few auto seeds a while back, AWESOME! Downside? I only got 1 of most of them. To try to remedy this situation I’m planning on selfing them in my Veg tent where I have 3 mothers and a few photo period girls getting ready for the Flower tent. Which begs the question, How prone to pollination are Pre-flowers? The Mothers are, of course, showing and if they seed shouldn’t be that big a deal to strip and toss the undesired cross. I’m more curious as to how it would impact the harvest.

5 Likes

I haven’t pollinated preflowers, but have pollinated very early in flower and gotten just 20-30 seeds without messing up the majority of buds which came later.

5 Likes

I pollinate the preflowers at nodes when I want to test a cross im highly uncertain of, works fine. No impact on flowers since there is few seeds the plant don’t redirect its energy to full seed making mode.

11 Likes

I have pollinated preflowers of a mother in veg. she stayed in veg and made viable seeds.

6 Likes

I was wondering why my Pure Michigan had some seeds where the preflowers emerge. I had a quick flowering male in the area for awhile before chopping it. Looks like I have a three way cross now. (Double Grape x Lifesaver)x Pure Michigan)

1 Like