Can we talk spider mites?

If any of that neem oil comes in contact with bud, it’ll shrivel up the white hairs, and leave the bud with a horrible taste…

Rosemary oil (extracted from leaves of the rosemary plants) can be sprayed easily onto the leaves of infested plants and will kill the spider mites. Make a solution of 1 teaspoon of rosemary oil with 8 ounces of water. Place the solution in a spray bottle and apply evenly. I put a little dash of Dawn dishwashing detergent in the spray bottle, as well. If you wanna get the rosemary oil into the root zone, you can mix up a few drops per gallon for maintenance…

4 Likes

This is how they look like … :sweat:

4 Likes

Seems like a lot of people are pretty against neem oil on this site. I’ve used it for years, it works great for me. I’ve sprayed buds with it on both a personal and commercial level without damage or changing the flavor of the final product. Not saying it can’t be used incorrectly, but that’s my 2¢.

5 Likes

If having troubles with bugs try JWA simple to make effective and cheap as hell for the cost of canola oil and a dab of KOH You cant beat it! Plus it’s fun to make !

4 Likes

@Tinytuttle
Can you post a link…I’ve seen it before and meant to bookmark it.

2 Likes

Starts at about post 98# of this thread

2 Likes

Where the heck are the post numbers I no see them LOL

3 Likes

Kills grasshoppers too!

1 Like

Young Grasshopper It is time for you to leave

2 Likes

I saw that when I was originally going through the thread…but because it was a little ways in, I couldnt find where this recipe and its effectiveness was hiding. Thanks for posting amf sharing again. What is the KOA in your recipe?

2 Likes

OK I found out how to see the page numbers Thks

2 Likes

U mean Koh? Potassium hydroxide, when breaks down another source of potassium a bonus in my book when in flowering stage , one has to use the potassium as opposed to the sodium … sodium bad for plants but from my little knowledge of soap making sodium is used in the process of making hard soaps

3 Likes

Didn’t realize it was the element symbols…thought it was like ‘Keep Outstanding Harvest’ brand or something…lol

2 Likes

No Pest Strips
Not sure on using in flower but in veg give er

I would be sure to read about these before you decide to use them. I will never go near one for any reason whatsoever. Just my 2¢.

2 Likes

Doktor Doom Spider Mite Knock Out Spray

works good can be used one day before harvest on food crops

all the best

Dequilo

Food crops are very VERY different than something you plant to combust and inhale.
1- Combustion causes chemical changes
2- your stomache can break down some substances that your lungs cannot

Be careful using ‘food approved’ items on your cannabis.

9 Likes

Yeah there is a big thread about em on RIU.
Im not leaving them in permanently, just putting in ceg room for 5 days at a time. Keeping ventilation going the whole time.

1 Like

very good advice

0.20 % pyrethrin

all the best

Dequilo

3 Likes

That is where u got the mites…
I never ever bring any plant into my grow rooms…hard enougj to keep them out even using a filter for the intake air.
Good luck and happy growing

2 Likes