Can we talk spider mites?

Doktor Doom Spider Mite Knock Out Spray

works good can be used one day before harvest on food crops

all the best

Dequilo

Food crops are very VERY different than something you plant to combust and inhale.
1- Combustion causes chemical changes
2- your stomache can break down some substances that your lungs cannot

Be careful using ā€˜food approvedā€™ items on your cannabis.

9 Likes

Yeah there is a big thread about em on RIU.
Im not leaving them in permanently, just putting in ceg room for 5 days at a time. Keeping ventilation going the whole time.

1 Like

very good advice

0.20 % pyrethrin

all the best

Dequilo

3 Likes

That is where u got the mitesā€¦
I never ever bring any plant into my grow roomsā€¦hard enougj to keep them out even using a filter for the intake air.
Good luck and happy growing

2 Likes

took a rooted clone from my son and did just that

took forever get a head of them

peace and be safe

Dequilo

2 Likes

Oh I know That now LOL, I needed to bring them in from out in open Helio were buzzing my yard

1 Like

They say to always treat any new clones as if they have mites
Wash dip before introduction to your room

5 Likes

Sadly I do know that :frowning: but thinking it was from my son

mister anal about bugs and cleanliness let my guard down

found out after I had the borg in my grow room, he got it from a friend

and did not want to drive around with it in his car

if I make it to 100 years old I will still be learning

all the best

Dequilo

5 Likes

Micronized sulfur in veg should wipe even russet mites out. Wait 2 weeks before putting in flower.

2 Likes

Having a bitching match with this guy onlineā€¦he claims this leaf doesnt have any bugs on itā€¦take a look, enlarge if need beā€¦what do you see? He says heā€™s heavy handed and is rough with his plants (holes in the leaf)ā€¦do you see what I see or am I seeing thingsā€¦

6 Likes

The big black speck looks like a hole but thereā€™s smaller specks that make it hard to tell. Plus that 666 in the background is not a good sign eitheršŸ˜‚

9 Likes

Whether its bugs or not im not positive, but there are def a ton of black stuff and even the odd white bit of crap all over the leaves

1 Like

I still say if not in flower sulphur burns work wonders on mites .simple and effective.

1 Like

I see one hole and a bunch of black and white specks.

Who knows that that could be. Could be coco bits?

2 Likes

Alright, well, I guess Iā€™ll give him the benefit of the doubt, he was reluctant to show the top side of the leaf, figured he didnt want to show the damage.

3 Likes

Iā€™m very late to the party but I think you was right. Granted without microscoping you cannot say 100% but I see a whole bunch of little brown coloured specs which is what SM look like without a scope unless adult then maybe youā€™d see some legs but my guy canā€™t be that rough to plants to tear tiny holes in the leaves like Iā€™ve ripped leaves but what would the guy of done to have tiny little holes in his leaves :rofl:

@Red_Beard420 this thread is right up your alley.

Iā€™m late to this party too lol. Iā€™ve been trying to eradicate them little Fā€™rs for almost 2 months. Thereā€™s nothing in my cleaned & treated flower tent atm, but Iā€™ve got 3 mother plants in a closet and seedlings in the veg cab, so I didnā€™t want to bomb the entire, carpeted, room with Doktor Doom (.4% pyrethrins). Well, now theyā€™ve migrated over to the mothers closet. Can they live or stay dormant in the carpeting? If so, I was gonna spray it with ā€œRepel Clothing & Gear.insect repellentā€. It contains .5% Permethrin, lasts for 2 weeks. Any thoughts on this approach?

1 Like

Does anyone know the difference between Pyrethrin & Permethrin?