Can we talk spider mites?

I intend to buy Rosemary oil, as I had a serious infestation, one of those pdf speaks about 14 ml/liter, could you share your recipe and method? Thanks … :sunglasses:

1 Like

I stopped discussing mites after I discovered Hot Shot Pest Strips. Mites are a thing of the past and only takes 7 bucks to eradicate

4 Likes

Permethrin generally works better, as it is a later generation pyrethroid. Pyrethrin is the original chemical.

Most mites have a resistance to it, so good luck.

Just buy the Avid and quit messing with the problem, one easy fix.

You can buy single oz’s off ebay.

1 Like

Dichlorvos is the good stuff.

2 Likes

2 letters

Bahahah sorry I had to

Boom
Bought em a cpl months ago max. I pit one in my veg and one in my empty flower room for 3-5days at atine then take em out for a week or so in between. No sign of a single bug since, no effects on plants.

Theyre meant for garages and say not to spend more than 4hrs per day in the area. So I wear a mask just to be safe. Have the mask for dry amendments and such so might as well. I also keep my ventilation on so its not sealed.

I wonder how these would be for an area that had spider mites to kill anything left over that may have gone dormat waiting for the next grow.

3 Likes

I’d sent them a email to see if there sold in Canada ?

Thats basically what im doing now w my flower room. Ill let you know in a month or two, im starting flower again this wknd

2 Likes

I have heard from my friends to use a small amount of Bleach mixed with water in a sprayer and spray the entire room down including ceiling and walls, It kills them dead, I plan to do this soon.
Not on live plants

3 Likes

I’ll mix up bleach / water 5 gal and run it through my airless paint sprayer painting the whole room ceilings floors walls and anything else that gets in the way .

Might be overkill but piece of mind knowing those little bastards can’t hide !

2 Likes

I hope you jest about the avid.
Half iso half water fucks spider mites up good.
Organic options are purecrop1 (I can vouch this killed my SMs in ONE application), lost coast plant therapy, dr zymes (didn’t kill my sms but does work on PM) JMS stylet oil, micronized sulfur, and natural predators.

1 Like

Thanks for that info. Got the lil bastards from a gifted clone last grow. I vacuumed, bleached and then wiped down the tent with Safer soap after harvest. 2 weeks later, the mothers got em. Sprayed Azamax twice, then with Safer soap. There’s not as many now, but still causing damage.

Permethrin it is! And a Hot Shot strip for good measure! :skull_crossbones: :bug:

1 Like

Floromite followed by forbid 7 days later. No more mites

4 Likes

It’s an effective product. It actually works.

1 Like

Works a treat mate, give it a go :+1:t2:

Hi George!

This is how I prepare my neem essential oil sprays. My base is; in a shot glass add 1 tsp neem oil to 1 tsp protekt (potassium silica). Mix well until it turns a translucent mustard kinda color. At this point I would add your essential oils and mix in with the neem oil. 1 tsp per gallon is a good starting point. Add the neem/silica/EO mixture to 1 gallon of tepid water (about 80-90f) with a surfacant. I use 1/4 tsp of 200x aloe, but yucca or even a little dish soap will work. Shake the hell out of it until the neem and oils are mixed well. Spray immediately - once every three days for 3-4 sprayings.

For clones and flowering plants, I drop to 1/2 tsp on everything. on bad infestations, I might go up to 2 tsp per gallon. Please let me know if that isn’t clear or if any other questions.

Those ‘no pest strips’ are the nasty of nasty. To anyone reading this, I would seriously think twice before using those.

4 Likes

I’ve always been interested in this. Essentially this makes a crude soap. Saponification is the alkaline [silica] hydrolysis of the fatty acid esters [neem oil].

7 Likes

Anyone can make their own sprays at home. Just like many of us refuse to buy bottles of colored water I also refuse to buy soapy water.

I have a very detailed recipe but for the most part you can mix an oil, a soap, some alcohol, and an emulsifier or wetting agent and your good. Add some preventative essential oils like any mentioned above and we are cool. I prefer peppermint and actually use it as a cover crop or grow it and geraniums in my pots.

I’m happy to post some recipes if you want. I have one that is a knock off of flying skull’s Nuke 'em

4 Likes

yeah post up some recipes . i need them

2 Likes