Can you still land a kick flip?

Yall have alot of skill for sure. My son got into longboarding a little bit, but he never got serious. Video games steal alot of real life stuff away from our kids I’m convinced. Here is the only kick flip I’ll ever land. Upside is this post tells me where it got its name!

7 Likes

Haha lmao I skate :crazy_face: goofy.

7 Likes

I got some footage of my out of shape ass throwing down this summer. Shot on my wife’s phone :joy:. I could throw together about a 5 trick part :joy:

11 Likes

I am 47 and still skate as much as I can. Definitely still kickflip regularly as well as hitting smaller rails and ledges. I have found as I get older that whatever tricks I want to keep doing, need to be done regularly or they go away real quick, and relearning stuff at this age sucks. I think I already lost a bunch of tranny tricks like airs and lipslides. Funny how stock tricks become scary again when you lose them. Cant wait to hit up the park this afternoon when all the chores are done. Im a sunset session guy all the way

12 Likes

Bull riding is buck !

2 Likes

Nice ! My wife doesnt really watch me skate to much anymore. One of the last times she came to the park I split my dome open above my eye. There was lots of blood on my face. It didnt really hurt too bad though so I kept skating, which may have freaked her out !
Last time I tried to film I brought another 50 year old buddy to a street spot with me. Spent an hour trying to get a front nose on a sketchy bar before giving up !

5 Likes

This reminds me if an article I read in slap mag back 1999. This guy would go outside every newyear and do a kickflip for good skating luck through the year. Also he kept lucky Chapstick that he also had on him when he skated. It had been washed and dried several times and had no wax left in it but kept it anyways.

4 Likes

Anyone else ever drive past a skate park and see it loaded with stupid scooters and get the urge to throw shit at them?

9 Likes

I usually go early in the morning and no one else is there. One time a group of scooter kids hey manned me and ai thought it was about to go down. Turns out they just needed help with their handlebars from the old guy.

9 Likes

let’s see a hoverboarder use a double half-pipe vert ramp. :smiling_imp:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

Sounds like you old fuckers need helmets and pads these days! :joy::joy::joy:

Sorry, couldn’t resist

12 Likes

Slap magazine. Damn I forgot about that.

3 Likes

You forgot walkers and or canes :rofl:

3 Likes

No way getting me one of those 4x4 off road electric scooters now :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I swear the ground got harder since I was a kid.

8 Likes

sounds like Meesh goes to the park to pick on the old guys for fun?

5 Likes

At 64 I tried a bit with no hands on my bike…used to ride straight doing that…kinda wobbly these days…didn’t push it.

5 Likes

Wal-mart called… they would like their handicap cart back.

5 Likes

Aaaah man i grew up skating. Stopped due to the costs of having to buy a new board every week and then some crazy teenage trouble i got into pretty much canned it… pretty sure i could have turned pro had i continued… i used to backside heel 10 sets in my day hahaha… this is going some 23 years back when i stopped… since then when i got a board it was more mini ramps and cruising on big wheels… surprisingly liked going out with a longboard and since my car wreck i cant do much more than cruise. wish i could do a kickflip again but my leg would not be able to take it.
memories wow haha… good one @Mongobongo

this was my 2nd board and 1st brand new board (well not this exact board but same model)

6 Likes

I need this in my life :rofl:

3 Likes