Can you still land a kick flip?

My version has a seat :rofl: but your on the right track bro

4 Likes

Nah, seats mean itā€™s not ā€œcore strength buildingā€ :rofl: so my version is excercise right :slight_smile:

1 Like
6 Likes

GX 1000 is the shit man !! Watch his video ā€œroll upā€. Unbelievable. Crazy hillbombs

3 Likes

Such awesome comments and stories guys! Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not the only one who gets it. My buddies and I would rip the rooftops in Hamilton! Drink all night in the bowls and hammer the streets smoking doobs by day. Kicked out of everywhere and off everything by the police and local shop owners haha. My house was the one with the waxed curb, always. Those memories are gold.

6 Likes

Longboarder here, actually use to build them for a living at one point, rarely skate much anymore though usually on a bike instead, was into the downhill scene and still canā€™t land a kickflip lol never could, old school shuvits and manuals sure still can do those, but bit different on say a 46" dancer.

3 Likes

My brother used to build them on the mainland, maybe youā€™ve crossed paths lol

1 Like

Hell yeah bro. I have a friend that saw my decks and wanted to start skating so I gave him a board and skated around the block with him. Took a few tryā€™s but yeah, kickflips down still, itā€™s the treā€™s thAt need polished up. I want to go rip a bowl so bad! I broke my knee years ago. Damn car! Lol. Iā€™m about to get back to it. And I found a sweet long board a few weeks ago for 20 bucks!

2 Likes

more than likely depending on the time frame was a small community at the time.

I want to say 08 plus or minus a couple years

1 Like

Bro! Can you do that crazy like nose dancing on that longboard? Thatā€™s crazy looking! Like figure skating! Wild.

1 Like

Use to yes but to an amature degree compared to what people do now, heck might even be able to find an old loaded longboard challenge vid on their youtube channel with me in it but thats a ways back and well puts a name/face to myself when i donā€™t mind anonymity, and yeah @Grease_Monkey similar times, wasnā€™t in the lower mainland though but again small community.

2 Likes

Dudes, weā€™re slappy guys now in our old age! Hit that red curb with a front crook and the grind feels so good you wonā€™t want to stop.
Respect to John Lucero for the slappy!
RIP Jeff Grosso!!!

Hey, is everyone familiar with The Nine Club?

6 Likes

I remember when he first started skating for Emerica. He was sick AF.

1 Like

The King of the Frontside Flip. Baker Maker!!!

2 Likes

My city finally got a public skatepark. Grew up skating but now i ride bmx and snowboard(snowing here today). I canā€™t believe the progression Iā€™ve witnessed over the past 30 years. Cool idea for a thread.

1 Like
3 Likes

Every time dudes shirt blows up i keep waiting for the wipeout and roadrash :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

If he wiped out hed be done for the day or months. I pretty sure he had a clean run. But I bet he was hitching on to the car doing the filming to get him up a hill or two to catch another downhill part.

2 Likes

Style over everything here. Just smooth stylish styling with the style.

1 Like