Cannabis Cocktails, sans Alcohol

Yeah… that’s why I ask, I see recipes for it online but logic tells me it’s not that simple.
Adding an emulsifier like lecithin may help but I don’t expect it to mix well. It would be a single batch every time for sure, as is my cocoa.

Suppositories are down my list a ways, but if it comes down to it there are worse things in the world.

Alcohol is the most efficient cheap extraction method (2x coconut oil) but it is not difficult to change the base once you have extracted. Basically dissolve the coconut oil into the alcohol tincture and then evaporate off the alcohol.

Masking the flavors… maybe something tart and citrus like?
My guess is you will find something tolerable but not great.

Cheers
G

1 Like

I transfer alcohol to oil; well this last batch I did oil extraction, but still. The main thing is the raw cannabis oil is awful hard to work with, so I thought I could avoid a step… results say it’s working ok. Does ok mean Max yield? Couldn’t tell for sure, but I used 1/2oz of flower, and got 1/2cup of oil that I like divided into 1tsp doses.

But none the less, alcohol can not be present in the end result, so I believe a fatty oil is needed to act as a carrier. Although, that said, I got steel syringes on order to do a warmer transfer of the oil might aid that, dispensary RSO syringes aren’t too bad.

1 Like

I would think a smoothy or milkshake .
With hot chocolate the coconut oil floats on top , 2 bite brownies work well just add to the top and let it soak in .

1 Like

Often times one bite is hard, I have made little 2mm gummies, but alas, my throat will not always relax.

Well, I’m confident enough this probably won’t work that’ll I’m moving forward to capsules, but will give this a shot (haha) at some point. Frozen fruit, blended with my oil. I hope it’ll work, but I really don’t see it working effectively. They have something figured out, they sell drinks at the dispensary here, but no way am I paying $30 per 100mg bottle. Maybe have to just to get the ingredients… might do a quick Google too.

2 Likes

Have you read ReikoX’s tincture thread? It covers a lot more than tinctures. There might be something in there for you that I’m not aware of.

3 Likes

I’ve gone through bits of it, the “summarize” feature helps, but still. Great place for lots of recipes though, actually hoping the man himself might see this and have a solution; but it doesn’t look great. I suppose a more apt question would’ve been asking for an organic emulsifier… I’m curious now, I believe that with ultrasonic stirring you can, temporarily, emulsify the solution. Would mean buying some equipment, but not out of the questions.

Post Google edit; FML, this isn’t going to work. Capsules friends, capsules.

“ Since this thick oil can’t be infused directly into a water-based beverage, distillation techniques need to be carried out in order to separate the active components (cannabinoids) from the rest of the plant material. Basically, distillation separates THC and CBD from other compounds like terpenes, flavonoids, organic acids, and so on. Once isolated, the THC and CBD can then be refined, emulsified, and ultimately infused into a cool, refreshing beverage.”

To make it, as I suspected, they isolate. That’s over handling in my opinion, and also well outside of my at home capabilities. Well, that was a fast topic.

1 Like

This might be interesting for you. Still have to do it again. This could actually make a fizzy drink.

2 Likes

That for sure is interesting! I imagine variety will be key to maintaining a regiment, so always good to have options.

1 Like

@ChemicalDependant I can’t really comment on anything besides the flavor part of things…

IF you need to mask the flavors of drinkable tinctures type of things…

I’d seriously recommend;

https://www.capellaflavors.com
Multi-Purpose Flavoring

Capella has over 150 concentrated flavors for food & beverage, Perfectly safe to Drink, Eat, Cook with, flavor drinks with ect…

I personally been using these for E liquid vape juices (since I vape) for atleast 3 to 4 years now.

All the flavors do actually taste excellent and exactly how the label says it should… Choclate Brownie is amazing…

Hope this could help a little.

2 Likes

For a friend that can’t have alcohol I prepared dextrose pieces with tincture. The alcohol evaporates after a while. He let the candy dissolve in his mouth. Should be possible to dissolve the dextrose in liquid to drink too. You could also infuse regular sugar and let the alcohol evaporate.

2 Likes

I consider infused sugar, but I believe it’ll fall out of solution once it dissolves sadly… but candies, that might work, not that my Dr would approve, lol.

1 Like

I may try to flavor a sublingual, LorAnn is my go too, but also potentially use some with concentrates, as at low temps I’m losing terpenes on the first draw and have 4-5 little to no taste. Very picky on flavorings though, it sure why but I often can taste synthetic flavors and the such. PG puts me right off. So anything actually recommended for inhalation I am dubious of, but interested in. Your endorsement goes a long way!

Have you experimented with Rick Simpson oil? I know the alcohol gets evaporated all out if you do it right. I saw a canna cocktail called green dragon one time in a magazine. It’s pretty much rso added to Jell-O shots. I know you said virgin, so I think you need to use that lecithin stuff to get it to mix with another fat or something to attach it too. I bet we can adapt this recipe to make it work for you!

1 Like

I agree with on the PG for sure. I vape 80VG/20PG so it doesn’t dry me out…
I’m super picky about my flavors, I’ve probably tryed 10000 of flavors for real over the years.

If ya gotta drink it, stick with fruit flavors… if your eating it. Stick with desert flavors :wink:

1 Like

Yeah I read that you want to use organic vegetable glycerin, it only keeps a year but that shouldn’t be a problem😁lol

2 Likes

I have tried lecithin, either it wasn’t enough or it didn’t work. The issue was like say my gummy recipe, uses 1/8tsp. So how much to add to one drink was complicated… but I think I under did it. The gummies have a lot less water than a drink would.

Can you drink milk? In the Middle East they make some really strong drinks with hash without alcohol.

1 Like

I look into that… I can tolerate dairy in small amounts, but it’s not ideal. I could theoretically try nut milks with it maybe? Eh, I don’t know, off to Google it for a while, thanks man…

No I won’t Google it I guess, damn, did you just make this up? Lol, I tried a few searches pertaining to “Middle Eastern”, “cannabis”, “drink”, and “milk”. Only “cannabis milk” came up with anything related. And even then they’re just using warm milk to float the oil I’m suspecting, since it’s literally milk and bud and you use it warm.

1 Like

Another thing you could try is double boiler Carmel’s melt and add your oil pour on a piece of parchment paper cool and cut into pieces. , I just made coconut balls using 1 oz of decarbed bud in 2 cups of coconut oil for 2 hrs in the magic butter machine .
I then used 2 cups of coconut in 100 mil of the oil added a 1/4 can of condensed milk a splash of vanilla rolled into table spoon sized balls cooled in freezer then rolled in chocolate with a tablespoon of oil added to the chocolate chips .

Could of been stronger I think others said they were perfect .

2 Likes