Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

I always thought fentanyl laced weed was some anti cannabis propaganda bs. Makes no sense to me to lace cannabis with fentanyl. From what I understand this stuff is so potent it would kill most sellers before it reached consumer.

But it’s too late. Seed planted and will probably flourish as main stream news won’t be interested in spreading as fentanyl laced marijuana excites the citizenry more. And when you have excited citizens, you have politicians anxious to calm them down by taking action. Common sense ignored and paranoid parents will distort reality even more. Laws will be passed. Dispensaries will be regulated to industrial areas so they less accessible to children and those who benefit from this medicine.

Remember the “Satanic Panic” that surrounded child scare centers in the 90s. People really bought the bs and innocent lives ruined.

Wake up. And that is not suggesting you need to be “woke”.

9 Likes

I wonder who excited them in the first place :thinking:

4 Likes

looks like cops started it…

6 Likes

They NEED to bust people for Cannabis because it justifies their jobs. That’s why the cop unions have fought legalization tooth and nail. It’s easy busting a bunch of laid back pot smokers than going after dangerous criminals.

8 Likes

What a country. Half the government is trying to legalize and tax. And the half is going batshit crazy trying to figure out ways to keep busting people.

6 Likes

Sounds right :joy::sob:

4 Likes

careful now, that’s awfully close to becoming political…

2 Likes

I was thinking it was more a statement of fact

4 Likes

sorry, i was referring to the one above it. only half joking considering the one that got flagged on the other thread.

4 Likes

Whats happening is they are using very little fentanyl to cut a very little amount of dope. Hundreds of lbs turns into 1,000s of lbs or more. What they count on happening is that the individual will not die and just become addicted. Very very addicted.
Thats why you see cartel like organizations getting involved. They can cut the living shit out of the heroin they make in the outdoor cook stations. They use a single liquid pharma ingredient made in a factories in mexico to boil it down at the campfires with Mexican grown poppies.

So once some dumbass figures out the math they may try to cook it down themselves and cut out the big guys. Thats when people OD.

I can see bootleg vape carts being a problem because the distillate would easy to lace.

5 Likes
18 Likes

6 Likes

Yeah, even more reason to home grow. And throw away any odd unplanned seeds where you cannot account for the pollen source, too.

4 Likes

This is truly the Monsanto corn model

5 Likes

This is the stuff the current form of legalization is made of.
Why would we think Bayer would not want a hand in the worlds most profitable cash crop?

BTW
I think the Monsanto name is going away or may even be gone.
Think about it for a min.
Bayer is a very big name in the pharmaceutical biz. as well as agriculture.
They will be double dippin’ once the feds give the nod.

5 Likes

Maybe the name, but bayer owned the company. So all the corporate ideals and behaviors I believe will just be regurgitated. The company tactics were very effective at getting rid of small farms. It was also a profitable company

2 Likes

It’s time to start holding seeds of as many unpolluted cultivars as possible. It won’t be long before they will be hard to get.

7 Likes
8 Likes
7 Likes

For those who don’t know, Shaleen Title (found of the Parabola Center), used to be on the Massachusetts Cannabis Control Commission. She was a legalization activist prior to that.

The suggestions made to protect local markets are nice… but the odds of those becoming law are slim to none (since when are you going to convince enough congress-people to vote to enshrine protections for social equity licenses?)

Federal legalization will be good in some ways, not so great in many other ways.

4 Likes