Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

How many you got?

Nieces and nephews mainly :joy:

2 Likes

Develop B&B’s in these beautiful rural locations featuring Humboldt’s finest. Illegal? So? People gotta eat.

2 Likes

Is recreational cannabis killing Connecticut’s medical marijuana program?

https://www.ctinsider.com/cannabis/article/ct-recreational-cannabis-medical-marijuana-program-18450353.php?utm_source=flipboard&utm_content=ChefJeff314%2Fmagazine%2FCannabis+Currently

4 Likes

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/10/30/oklahoma-marijuana-business-bust-00123797?utm_source=flipboard&utm_content=ChefJeff314%2Fmagazine%2FCannabis+Currently

5 Likes

@SuperiorBuds
From the article:

5 Likes

That looks a lot like Lawton OK from the mid 2000s

2 Likes

Lol…whoa…looks totally legit! Joking aside, as a frugal person, I can appreciate the minimalist mentality here. But it looks like the retail version of a crack house…lol.

1 Like
4 Likes

That study only looked at aroma. Terpenes do have an impact on the effects on the human body.

6 Likes

I saw that photo yesterday too. That is 100% not us. :rofl:

Though I do find it interesting someone was able to register a business after us using our name, even though we trademarked it over 6 years ago.

We’re still here, growing and making the best hash possible, all live 24/7 at http://superior.live.

14 Likes

Good to see you around, @SuperiorBuds

2 Likes

Taking the bird’s eye view, one can see how the politicians designed the program to fail by limiting competition to the 4 licensees (effectively limiting the options of quality medicine that would ultimately present itself) as well as ensuring the same exact [remediated] flower was available in both medical and recreational programs.

Quoted from the article:

"What’s happening is the medical patients are now leaving to go to Maine and Massachusetts where these [sic: medical/higher quality] products are available and then they’re not getting their [sic:medical] card in Connecticut because they don’t have to, and why spend the money on the card,” he said.

5 Likes

https://hightimes.com/news/report-texas-law-enforcement-wont-stop-raiding-hemp-shops/?utm_source=flipboard&utm_content=topic%2Fcannabis

4 Likes

Presumably that’s a secondary registration, not primary? Actually… not seeing any registered marks under the words “Superior Buds”?

1 Like

Meh. The cops should be following the law, yes… but the law should also be written better. Realistically, that place is not a “hemp shop.” Hemp doesn’t get you high, and their products do. I can’t muster up much sympathy for them.

3 Likes

I don’t imagine I’d be a fan of the shop, but if the law is written such that Delta 8 and Delta 10 aren’t illegal… seems to me that would make the shop’s activity legal and the cops should get off their backs?

In the end these shops exist because people can’t access legal delta-9 cannabis. Is there opportunism involved? Maybe? But there’s a market for what they sell because of the war on drugs.

3 Likes

Yep, according to the letter of the law what they’re doing is probably legal… because the law is written by corrupt idiots and riddled with loopholes. They’re taking advantage of the loopholes, and the cops are ignoring the letter of the law. Probably a judge’ll throw this out if it ever makes it to court. I still don’t have much sympathy for them, any more than I’d have for an illegal dispensary or a black market dealer. If they’re breaking the laws to make money, rather than just to grow their own, IMO they’re part of the problem rather than innocent victims.

3 Likes

Wait… you don’t have sympathy for so called “black market dealer[s]”?

We have extremely different perspectives.

8 Likes

but they’re not breaking the law.

wow. what a statement. not judging here, but damn. pretty harsh to just lump a bunch of folks operating a legal business in with criminals.

2 Likes

“Black market” is where all this came from. We would be nowhere right now without it. This entire Industry was built on the black market. The real criminals are the suits stealing the industry from the people who made it what it is today by making new laws so only they benefit.
Just my 2 cents lol this is a touchy subject so I will leave it at that

15 Likes