Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

5 Likes
4 Likes

F@<% the DEA.

6 Likes

they may have final authority on a reschedule but congress can remove the 1937 law all by itself and there is nothing to reschedule. nothing from the dea needed on that front. scotus can also remove the law.

5 Likes

Unelected Fascists have no say whatsoever.

3 Likes

Congress needs to remind DEA that any authority they have was given by congress, therefore can be removed by congress. DEA (Deeply Entrenched Assholes).

8 Likes

It’s funny, this should be a bipartisan issue.

The left portrays their plight as anti discrimination as much as the right portrays themselves as anti overreach/regulation. Keeping the 3 letter agencies from going rogue seems like it would be in everyone’s best interest.

6 Likes

if all the tla’s didn’t have dirt on them they may be in better positions to fight them a little harder.

2 Likes

The biggest bipartisan thing our Congress has done for the past 70 years is to continuously hand over their powers under the constitution to the Executive branch, and thus to groups like the DEA. They’ve done this because they are too cowardly to exercise the vast array of powers they have been given under the constitution. So the true bipartisan position has always been cowardice.

7 Likes

4 Likes

Hmmm?

https://hightimes.com/weirdos/the-secret-to-my-marriage-is-daily-cannabis-consumption/?utm_source=flipboard&utm_content=topic%2Fcannabis

6 Likes

Another study released jointly last May by researchers at the U.S. National Institutes of Health and the National Institute on Drug Abuse and Mental Health Services in the Capital Region of Denmark showed that among men aged 21-30, “as many as 30% of cases of schizophrenia among men aged 21-30 might have been prevented by averting cannabis use disorder.” This isn’t just to say that many schizophrenics smoke weed. The study says marijuana use often triggers schizophrenia, which otherwise would not develop at all.

I dunno why anyone bothers to do studies at all. Everyone’s already made up their mind. This hit piece referring to the Denmark study as proof that smoking causes schizophrenia, once again, completely ignores the facts of the study. The statistics were self-reported by users experiencing problems, at a time when smoking was still prohibited in Denmark and had been forever. Self-reporting is a terrible way to find out the rate of negative issues, because people experiencing negative issues are more interested in going to find someone to help with them than people not experiencing negative issues; also, conducting a study where the numbers depend on people self-reporting themselves for crimes is obviously not a good way to get clear results. Too bad policy will still be made based on the results. :frowning: When a complete layperson can peer review your study and find problems this easily, you need to just scrap your results and write about birds instead…

8 Likes

Not to mention… in all the studies that show a link between cannabis use (if I remember correctly the Danish study was focused on men diagnosed with Cannabis Use Disorder, ie people whose lives are negatively impacted by cannabis use, in a serious way, but are unable to stop consuming) and schizophrenia, they never give actual numbers of how many people are being diagnosed with schizophrenia. 30% of what number?

3 Likes

I dont think its fair to tout most studies approving of cannabis and dismiss the bulk of negative cannabis studies.

I think objectivity is important

3 Likes

Maybe I’m missing something, but I don’t the majority of us are doing that?

I should probably be more concerned about the heart attack/stroke thing than I am.

2 Likes

I’m not making accusations, I am making a broad statement about the community as a whole. I’ve seen it a handful of times in this thread and hundreds of times on another forum, so I’m just putting this idea out there.

Pot is amazing medicine, but not everyone reacts positively to it, and that’s okay. All the more reason to enable more research via rescheduling and decriminalization.

7 Likes

I would go further and say it’s not just okay, it should be expected. Everybody is different, and not literally only in body, but psychologically too.

If there were a way to actually gauge how individuals fully reacted to weed, my guess is it would show a bell curve, with a relatively few folks dead-set against weed, a relatively few folks all in (hello, my friends!), and the majority being neutral.

5 Likes

Black market forecast for Florida- Alive and Thriving

Imagine growers lying about potency to get under the 10% limit

10 Likes

everything throws a bell curve. even this statement would if graphed because obviously not everything is uncertain, or is it? now that is something to ponder over a bowl.

4 Likes