Cannabis flower testing for pesticides/pollutants/toxins?

Does anyone know of any laboratories that do testing on flower on an individual basis? Bought some herb and after consuming it last night I was sicker than hell. I mean insanley sick… Vomiting all night and still sick today. This has never happened to me before and the pot left a bitter taste in my mouth, not to mention has a fucked up chemical smell to it that I’ve never smelled before. I want to get to the bottom of what made me sick. My guess is it may be some sort of pesticide or poison as it felt nothing like what I’ve experienced when I over consume and was way worse than alcohol poisoning, no joke. Good lord, I can hardly wait to start growing my own again.

7 Likes

Did you get it from dude. Or a dispensary? That’s messed up man,… sounds horrific. :confused: sorry to hear about that experience.

2 Likes

Got it from the local dude. I already gave them a call and they’re looking into it. I’ve never had this problem or even heard of this happening before so I’m still trying to process what exactly happened. I’ve never been that sick before and I’ve had food poisoning in the past to give you an idea.

1 Like

That sucks. Hope you don’t end up in that sitch again.

Paws

1 Like

That’s terrible dude. I’d report them to the state. That’s not normal. They’re gonna hurt someone.

You’re talking dispensary right?

2 Likes

They already did. I don’t want to fully blame the guy I got it from cause I know he didn’t do it. Has different batches of weed every week… But he needs to not sell that shit to anyone else and figure out what exactly is going on. No, not a dispensery. Im still in a prohibition state, yay. I don’t care if I have to drop a few frog skins, I want to know what exactly I was poisoned by cause this is the most fucked up thing I’ve had happen to me involving weed, and I’ve been around the block. Now I’m stuck with a quarter of the worst weed I’ve seen in my life.

1 Like

Burn it to the ground,. Get rid of it in a good way, don’t pass it on. I really hope dude stops swinging that stuff, after it affected you that way, he’d be the last guy I’d want to go to till he re upd…and even then I’d be wary. I wonder, could it be some sort of mold.? Is anything visible.? Try putting a nug in water, does it leave any color to the water? Idk if this will tell you anything, but just a thought. Color might indicate poisons used in cultivation, and or additives.

2 Likes

No worries, I won’t pass that trash on to anyone. Really want to have it tested though. Just more compelling evidence to why prohibition needs to end. Visually it looks fine. No sticky residue or anything other than the smell that would lead you to believe something was off. When I got it I thought he might have just stored it someplace weird cause of the smell. I smell it now and want to gag. It’s not mold, I have plenty of experience with that and it smells nothing like it. Like a chemical smell, similar to formaldehyde or something. It’s weird, I’ve never smelled it before.

I’m done with street weed. No more. If I don’t know the grower personally or grew it myself I won’t touch it. It’s not worth going through something like that again or worse…

3 Likes

Dropped some in water and no oily residue or film. The smell becomes more apparent though.

Glad to hear that, smoke what you grow! And then you know what your smoking.

1 Like

Could it be what they refer to as sherm? Formaldehyde dipped buds!?

1 Like

Ah hell, I sure hope not.

1 Like

Wow. That’s some shit there, glad your alright.

1 Like

Not the best pics…

2 Likes

Do you have friends or family taking organic chemistry at a research university? A mass spectrometer will show every component.

Second option is lab technician for
hospital or diagnostic lab.

Good luck.

3 Likes

Where’s doc holiday when you need him,dam time travel. That’s fucked hope you can get it tested interested to know what you smoked.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I don’t have any contacts that could do that for me. I was thinking the same thing, not about to show up to the local university with a jar of herb though.

1 Like

:slight_smile:

Sample sizes are small, maybe the size of a pat of butter.

Sounds like a pesticide or soap. No diarrhea

1 Like

I might mention that me and a few people smoked it and felt a little sick hours later. I made an edible with a gram of it and that’s where it got me. So whatever it is, is worse when ingested then smoked. This leads me to believe it’s a poison like an insecticide designed to be eaten. Still feel a little sick now but am way better than I was. Just suffering from insomnia cause I have no herb now.

Maybe Pyrethrins? They have a distinctive chemical smell…

Cheers
G

2 Likes