Cannabis flower testing for pesticides/pollutants/toxins?

Could be, the smell is something like between that and formaldehyde. I just took another whiff and just smelling it now makes me feel sick. It’s completely disgusting.

Some growers dip plants in Avid and/or Eagle 20 etc and use soapy water to remove the chemicals. Failure to rinse properly has consequences. Dude may not have known … and there’s a new strain called Soap

Be careful out there and get some OG seeds. It grows or doesn’t but no sickness

1 Like

I’m well stocked on seeds. Had an outdoor grow over the summer that got ripped. First time in years I’ve had to buy pot. Looking to move into a bigger plance and set up an indoor grow. Fuck the law, better to risk getting busted than getting poisoned to death.

2 Likes

Yup that could of ended a lot worst in the hospital with chemical poisoning.

2 Likes

Honestly, I probably should have gone in. Just with the whole Covid thing going on and the embarrassment of being the idiot who was “poisoned” by weed. They probably would have told me I was too high or something along those lines.

1 Like

And I can’t show up to the doctor’s or hospital with the weed I got and be like “this made me sick, test it” cause of the laws here. I’d be arrested for bringing drugs into a medical facility. It’s insane, fuck prohibition so much.

Too bad someone doesn’t step up from a legal state that could send it for testing ! I’d kick in 5 bucks towards the test be interested in what commercial so called growers are polluting there harvests with .
All about the dollar don’t worry about the after effects if they die oh well some other sucker will buy it .

1 Like

Walmart and Amazon sell kits to test quality of well water, pools, tap water, etc. Some are expensive and some are cheap. Testing can include lead, chemicals, toxins, bacteria, etc.

2 Likes

That’s a possibility. Not sure how accurate/reliable they are though. I want a legit answer to what happened. Someone other than me is consuming this poison right now.

1 Like

The kits provide the option of remaining anonymous if sample is not mailed to lab for verification or diagnosis. Some one has to read instructions and the process can take an hout. Operator error is possible but reading instructions twice and/or relying on your trusted nerd or geek friend is an option.

The Billy Bad Asses for suspected poisoning is your local Poison Control Center. They are available 24 hours but may entail legal issues.

2 Likes

One thing I thought of would be would be to soak the buds for a few days in distilled water. Strain the water sample through a coffee filter and send it in for testing. If the poison in question is water soluable (which most are) then it will show up. Problem being if it’s not water soluable, the water breaks the bond of the molecule, or degrades it then it won’t provide all or maybe even any answers. Might be worth a shot. I have about 6 grams of the trash so I don’t have to use it all up in one test.

1 Like

A home kit would show the pesticide insecticides or soap that was used for a small price gives faster response

It sounds like you’re giving it careful consideration. If you can spend a couple to several hundred bucks on privetr lab results that is an option. Poison control is no cost to you.

1 Like

That’s not how you use it lol.

Imma be honest with you OP, it is highly unlikely there was anything on or in the weed that made you that sick. You probably just got sick. I’ve smoked a lot of really really shitty weed, import and domestic from hundreds of different sources for a very long time and weed has never made me or anyone I know of sick.

1 Like

I have smoked pyrethrins and they didn’t taste very good but I didn’t get sick or anything.

Believe me when I say this, I’ve seen and smoked alot of shitty weed myself. The only other time I’ve ever come across anything like this was when I was in high school. Someone sold a few buddies of mine some commercial grade sprayed with Windex. I shit you not, I saw and smelled it myself. The person who sold it to them said it had been sprayed (I know hard to believe) and my idiot friends smoked it anyways cause they were going on vacation and couldn’t find anything else. Stuff made them hallucinate.

Visually this stuff I have looks fine. If it were smell alone I would have already forgotten about it. I’ve been sick before, but not like this. The only way to describe it was that I felt like I had been poisoned. It came on within an hour after eating the edible. Note, smoking it doesn’t cause the sickness, at least to the extreme. Poison is designed to kill by ingestion, not smoking.The goal here is to get it tested to know for sure and not just shrug it off. I really hope you’re right, and if you are I’ll gladly have a laugh with you about it.

1 Like

What lol? Windex will not make you hallucinate. I think your friends may have been dumbasses or messing with you. Nobody sprays weed with windex. It doesn’t add weight and it isn’t psychoactive.

It would burn your lungs from the ammonia, however.

It’s more likely to be rancidified butter than anything in the weed. 100mg of Cannabis extract ain’t gonna have enough of any “poison” to make you that sick.

1 Like

I wouldn’t know, I didn’t consume any of it. That was many years ago and they probably were in fact full of it to some extent. I’ve had food poisoning several times in my life. Was hospitalized once with it. This was nothing like that. If you can point me in the direction to get it tested I’ll give you a pat on the shoulder, and if the results say negative I’ll openly admit I’m full of it also.

1 Like

I believe you. It could be anything really. Prolly bug spray imo. I smoked some moldy weed once and had the worst lung infection of my life. It lasted for 2 months. It would be very interesting and educational to know for sure what you ingested

2 Likes

Thanks. Yeah, I’ve had moldy weed… Botrytis and powdery mildew. Smells disgusting too but I know the smell and how they both look. Was lucky not to get sick from it myself. This will get sent to a lab, maybe two. And yes, I promise to let y’all know the results. May take some time but my questions will be answered. Again, if anyone can point the way to a legit testing company that will work with me please do.

3 Likes

Fell better man that’s just fuker up can’t peeps just leave shit alone

:peace_symbol: and stay

2 Likes