Cannabis flower testing for pesticides/pollutants/toxins?

I hear that some people are spraying stuff like ‘Raid’ ( kills wasps/aphids etc.) - on the shit weed to make it similar to Spice - That synthetic cannabinoid shite.!
It could be this - I saw something like this on ‘Vice’ on YouTube etc.
Good luck finding out what it was/is.!
Happy growing mate,
Gaz

2 Likes

Brother, I advise you to do a homeopathy with these flowers to help help you detoxify, it is very simple to do, you need 70% alcohol and distilled water / reliable source …

Here where I live, many prohibited things are used, smuggled from neighboring countries.

One thing that can serve as an indication for you to find out what this contaminant is:

Do you have mosquitoes around? Do they come close to you? If not, you know that the product is systemic, and there is no point in washing the herb that will not come out …

I hope I helped in some way …

Hug

3 Likes

Thanks for the words of kindness. I have been drinking lots of fluids and eating well. For the first 10-12 hours I was insanely sick. The next day I had an extreme hungover effect going on. Much worse than with alcohol. I also had an odd bitter taste in my mouth throughout the day. There was no vomiting following that and there were no further issues, I steadily improved. Food actually tasted really good and it made me feel good to eat. Not the case when I’ve had food poisoning. Too much alcohol even made it hard to keep food down in the past. Still baffled on this.

Both my girl and I agree the weed smells messed up. The smell is very synthetic. I do lots of other gardening and have worked around pesticides before, even did a research project on them… This doesn’t smell like any of them that I’m familiar with but it’s similar.

No mosquitos where I live now. Too cold out for them still. I’m not emmitting any strange odors either. My urine was very dark the night after the incident and smelled strong, but this cleared up throughout the day. It was just so unusual how it came on an so fast and was so intense. I’ve looked into the condition Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome and even though it has some similar symptoms, there are some very key differences. Also, my use hasn’t been all that heavy. Especially compared to the past when I had my own buds to consime. Again, I’ve never experienced or seen anyone who has experienced anything like this with weed before. Even with people who are sensitive to its effects.

Does anyone around here work in a dispensary or grow facility that would have a lead for testing?

2 Likes

I’m sorry to say, you aren’t likely to find a lab that will take anything with THC in it in a prohibition state.

On top of that, contamination testing is expensive. A basic THC and Terpene test is about $100 last I checked.

Even then, unless it is a known pesticide, they won’t likely be able to identify it. If its something odd like windex or raid, they may not have the standards to test against.

Your best bet is to toss the bud and find a new “guy”. Its sad that prohibition is still around.

5 Likes

Ahhh… legacy market weed. How do I despise thee? Let me count the ways. Everyone gets there eventually. Buy a sack that does nothing to your mind. Get a sack of moldy buds. Literally lighting my money on fire. I mean…I know the poisoner. You think he cares? About you? pfft. Puuuhlease. He’d sell you rat shit in a bag if you’d buy it.

3 Likes

Thanks for the response and insight. These are the exact problems I’m running into. I’m not going to give up hope just yet, I’ve got a feeling if I run into the right person I may at least get some sort of idea. What happened to me was too significant to pass off. I honestly don’t feel safe buying street weed anymore unless I personally know the grower. Ironically, what got me started in growing (before I had ever even tried pot) was the paranoia that it could be contaminated and I wanted to know it was safe by growing my own clean herb to try. My friends made fun of me and I moved passed it after the grow failed. Funny how the more things change the more they stay the same…

My first step is going to be to get a medical card in my state. Unfortunately, chronic insomnia is not listed as a qualifying medical condition here. Going to have to elaborate and say PTSD or something. The prices are high too, but it will have to get me by until I get my grow going. I’m also thinking it may give me a little protection if I set up a small grow at my place. Given that a personal grow charge is the same as small possession here… A misdemeanor, if you can prove the argument in court. I’ve always been an outdoor guerrilla cause of the plausible deniability and it not having to be done at home, but one bad season set me back.

This experience has been just more overwhelming evidence that prohibition hurts people and is impractical on so many levels.

3 Likes

So I broke out the weed in question last night and the weird smell is still present. Not as strong as before but it still stands out to me and smells disgusting. Stupidly, I was out of pot again so I decided to smoke a small bowl of it last night. It had a bitter taste that lingered in my mouth the rest of the night, not like what you would get if a piece of resin flew into your mouth. About a half hour after smoking it I had a headache come on which I’m still feeling slightly in the front of my head. I also feel irritable. Not having any nausea, thank God. Weed (even shitty weed) never makes me feel like this. Something definitely isn’t right with it.

I’ve looked into every avenue I could think of to figure out what it is and have hit a wall every time. No place in my state will touch it and the labs that do the testing only work with certified companies to test their products for market. If I was in a green state and had bought it I could make a report and get an answer… Again, fuck prohibition. The dude who sold it to me has ghosted, honestly can’t blame him. I’d be scared shitlless if I potentially sold someone something bad. So back to square one… Getting real close to saying screw the whole thing and just trashing it. Probably should have done that to begin with…

3 Likes

Shitty weed makes me feel angry too. I know the feeling. Shitty hash or anything like that sets me off.

4 Likes