Cannabis microscopy

I found it!

I will be checking this baby out, looks like there are established trichomes already on the pre-flower.

1 Like

hrrrrmmmm. ok, well I guess that’s how it is. It’s day 3 now and there is a 70 micron trichome cap already on a stalk. They’re probably like I saw before, trichomes are just busting out already in veg. The normal looking trichomes there must burst into stalk growing mode? I will keep a close eye on things! We’ll see how it unfolds. Here’s what I saw so far! The pre-flowers are way down the stalk on the meat breath. They are way high up and all over on the big bud. Trichomes are formed/forming already. Turns out the scanning of the pre-flowers was a good idea, I just couldn’t find the fucking things lol!

1 Like

I took an image of some random shit. It was a growth thing at the node of the franken plant. I still think I should put it in bloom for a bit to see what happens.

3 Likes

Going to get a better photo as well. Trichomes are looking good on the buds.

2 Likes

your photos are so good, i never have problems discerning if there clear cloudy or amber. the microscope is amazing

2 Likes

Just for shits and giggles I cut off a few root nodes from the experiment and put them under the scope… Crazyballs! Lookit that nuts shite!!!

2 Likes

like ok that can’t be an air bubble…are those cells coming out of the root node? forming some kind of matrix? The hell am I even looking at LOL!

2 Likes

I got one more photo showing the tip of the root node. I think those are root cells, they are oval.

If they aren’t root cells… I dunno what they could be lol!

3 Likes

Yah I looked it up they are assorted root cells. They have all kinds of sizes and shapes!

I scraped a node from this crazy over-performing clone. It was so tall it had loads of nodes to cut off with the exacto.

2 Likes

Here’s three crazy meat breath photos I took today. There are 6 photos from day 34 now! yay!
I don’t see any purple yet!

6 Likes

Some crazy long stalks there! :star_struck:

Cheers
G

1 Like

Probably a little less magnification than others here but it’s what I have handy

5 Likes

Sugar trim leaf

4 Likes

The second image there, I’d love to delve down deep and see how far the purple goes! Those are some tall trichomes, I’d say…about 600 microns?

1 Like

The irony is, I am using 4X objective to capture that latest round of microscopic images. I have 4,10 and 40X objectives on the 'scope right now. With the wonders of digital imaging, the world is your…lobster? I can generate images 1000X magnification just using the 10X objective, now there’s some computer magic for ya.

2 Likes

The thing I found interesting in that picture is that it appears that the trichs are actually purple… if you look close enough all the bases have color in them . This is a blueberry syrup clone… deep purple all through the bud

2 Likes

I have seen purple in the stalks of the trikes before, what does that indicate?

I think it’s anthocyanin. Some kind of plant color purple, definitely water soluble! Fits the bill?

2 Likes

The color coming from the base of the trichome and how far it can travel up the stalk is endlessly fascinating!
On the meat breath the purple starts from the base between day 38 and 43. I’ve measured it as high as 700 microns up the stalk of the trichome.

3 Likes