Cannabis microscopy

could be I would think it is because you said so lol

Very interesting indeed. I’ve had plenty of colored weed over the years. Reds , purples, golds. I don’t think I ever saw colored trichs but it could be because I have better technology to view them now

high resolution optics make all the difference. I am really loving the digital optics, quite an upgrade from regular human eyes lol!

3 Likes

oh that image is a pre-flower from way down far on the plant. I want to get some higher up ones as well.

Hi all! I just wanted to share some little microscope videos:

“Romulan” aka Port Alberni Pinebud:

Afghani #1 (leaf):

Afghani #1 (seeds):

And then a couple of black hashes, one poor and one fine:

3 Likes

Another day 11 from further up the plant. You can see tiny trichomes starting.

3 Likes

here’s a day 35, same structure as photographed above.

3 Likes

ok the picture speaks for itself. hah hah just kidding… They say a picture is worth a thousand words - but forgot to add “if you know what the fuck you’re looking at”
This is a stem root from the main stalk of the king tut plant. I just wanted to show it’s a real root, with real root structures. I cut it so you can see the cells of the root inside. There is some material from the cutting resting on top making that blob. Not sure what the black spheres are, but I would wager some kind of fungus rotting the old garbage leaves. It was a strange mass of sticks, proto roots, dead leaves. Nasty shit! I took a photo with my camera as well, to give it some kind of perspective to the real world. I’ll post it in a bit.

2 Likes

Man… this is so cool…

2 Likes

hmm that last seedling has some kind of anti-root mojo. I’m doing a study on cannabis roots. Just a series of observations to get a handle on what they look like and how they react to different environments. Just studying cannabis in general as a plant. So much variation!

This is the root of the failed seedling. The strange part is everything is well formed except there is 0 root growth. I get better root growth out of a seedling I busted the roots off by accident lol!

4 Likes

that´s a bit like what happens when you super-crop…

This is the root on the main stalk of the king tut. I think it’s the one I imaged. I threw out the mutant seedling.

5 Likes

The frankenplant has a stalk root as well. Perhaps they are more widespread than I imagined, just never noticed them before.
OK well one of the ferrets told me I should scrog my plants. I said I had promised not to do that kind of thing again. In fact the person who told me I should do it was involved in the fallout from the previous time. 1500 grams of weed on those three plants. hah hah! I did get thinking though, about doing a training regime on one of them. Just for shits and giggles. I remember it taking longer to get a huge plant but also the plants blocked the light in the room it was dark. 2 days to trim each plant.
Ahh perhaps it’s something I’ll build up to again. Been a handful of years since I crazed it up like that.

1 Like

ok! I am completing my observations on the male vs female plants. I’m pretty sure I can tell what sex they are at a microscopic level before you can actually see with your eyes. Perhaps :wink:
but of course the observations aren’t complete yet. I had to do the bloom phase to make sure the conclusion is right. Then I can bust out the theory on those new seedlings.
Suspected female:

Suspected male:

It appears as if the female is deep into trichome production in veg phase, but the male has hardly any caps and mostly unicellulars/cysts.

3 Likes

Joe what is the magnification level of your microscope?

1 Like

I am using 4X and 10X objective. Here’s the thing… I can’t tell you what the magnification you are seeing is, because it’s based on the size and DPI of your monitor. The magnification of the camera is .5.
So my estimate is 4x.5x49=98 so around 100X magnification. Same with the 10x.5x49=245 so about 250X magnification on the 10x objective. I took an image once and processed it then printed it and measured the cap of the trichome it was about 1000X magnification. Digital optics are where it’s at, it’s amazing compared to the actual lenses I used to look through… each image is a digitally enhanced composite.

1 Like

Well the images your are getting with the microscope are amazing!

1 Like

Yah thanks! The upgrade for the optics produced some amazing results when paired with my computer. Before I was taking OK photos, but nothing like I can now. Here’s an old-school photo!

and one of the modern ones… lol! The clarity of the details… and the measuring system.

6 Likes

meat breath day 18! These are a pre flower image in flower. The meat breath don’t grow pistils until later in bloom never in veg.

a little hit of data! Trichomes are all over the thing like frog eggs.

4 Likes

This is a blueberry slurpee . Some clear, mostly cloudy ,Friday is harvest. By then it will have a few amber. This is my preferred harvest envelope.

4 Likes