Cannabis microscopy

The amscope software generates the images and measurements, as well as does all the fancy counting and other science stuff. And videos.

1 Like

Its quite impressive.

Thanks! It helps me to do many things, like sex plants before they bloom :wink:

definitely a male, 100%! The next one is female/hemie we’ll see for sure…in a bit.

6 Likes

well either a female or a hermie, but we’ll know soon! Looks like I bet on the right horse, my feeling about the images presented at 5/7th node was right. I will cut down the male before it blooms.

7 Likes

it’s been 7 days in bloom, I am almost at the halfway mark for determining if it’s female or hermaphrodite. Then I know if I can plant that clone and bloom it, or start on sensi star! yay! I can sex em at the 5/7th node but I’m not sure if I can do it earlier than that, based on visual inspection. I’ll keep looking though! Observations are key.

2 Likes

I saw a strange blob on the plant when I had taken a photo of the male with my hand in there. Once I saw one on the female I had to go and image it under the microscope. I think it’s some kind of resin blob? I’ll taste it.

3 Likes

tasted bitter and made my teeth resin-y. Definitely what it is, plant resins.

1 Like

Ever some back from the farmers market with a plant swimming in parasites? No? Then you haven’t been to the farmers market… lol! I count six legs, I think it’s the remains of an aphid. It’s skin or something.

4 Likes

here’s a couple of tiny white marks on the leaf. If you are ever in doubt, check it out :wink: but if bugs had done the crime, I would see them there. One leaf had some tiny white marks, so I had to check them out, see what it was! Turns out it’s nothing. Even if it was some kind of fungus I could see that easy.

3 Likes

Maybe this one? :laughing:

SST3

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Lol, is that from Starship Troopers? :joy:

Right in one!

want to know more 2

:laughing: :+1:

Cheers
G

5 Likes

They are more than fish eggs now at day 25. It’ll be interesting to run this plant in the 20 liter pails!
oh crap when I imaged this before I fucked up the scale. hah these trichomes are looking normal, not extra large.

6 Likes

Dissected a cannabis seed just to see what was inside. The meat breath seed was an empty pod, go figure. It had the green inside coating but no white seed. So I dissected some bagseed ones until I got a good one I hadn’t destroyed. Those white hearts in the seed are so fragile!

3 Likes

Some interesting images! FLC-BX1 on the microscope. An interesting hue to the outside edges of the trichome, I wonder if that’s real or image trickery. Ahhh all shall be revealed in time, young grasshopper.

5 Likes

There aren’t as many amber ones as I would like, but that’s ok. By the time I’m done bagging them up, they’ll be amber as hell.

5 Likes

not really cannabis related, but this is a cabbage butterfly egg. They just showed up today and started laying! I can spray them with BTK or put a row cover over them. I usually do both.

3 Likes

6 Likes

You have your photography dialed in Joe!

5 Likes

male!

5 Likes