Cannabis microscopy

wait… are you thinking what I’m thinking??? BRB!

heh, well… that was the other sensi plant. I sliced it’s node and chopped up a nice sample, like I should have done with the first one. I learned a lesson about taking the sample. It’s much easier to chop out a small section from a large sample once you cut it off the plant. Don’t try and snipe a tiny bit from a tiny plant where it grows.

4 Likes

It looks male to me, like the top part is a leaf bract and the bottom is a pollen sack emerging. This is the second sensi plant… crazy. Woulda thought it was female, but I could be wrong still. Who knows! That’s the fun part.

3 Likes

I think the scans of the c99 show promise! Doesn’t look like there is a stalk-like structure on there forming a bract. I’ll keep my fingers and eyes crossed, it’s good luck for females :wink: hah hah
After a while it should be easier for me to pick out the females from the males, I just have to keep making observations!

7 Likes

Also I upgraded my computer software for the microscope. It has additional features not covered in the manual. I think the image processing has less artifacts, but that’s harder to tell so far I only took a couple photos.

3 Likes

Love this 🥲 just made bubble from a whole plant that had a little bit of thrips. Using a 50x scope… haha don’t know what I’m looking at. So glad I found this post

3 Likes

🥲 ty. I have always wanted to see this and never knew it. Amazing job

2 Likes

hey welcome! You can kill the thrips in three days with a spray of BTK on the plant. Just soak the plant down and the thrips are extinct!

3 Likes

Tests on the sulfur killing mites didn’t seem to work. But that other bug is dead, whatever it is. It was probably a good bug. Mites are tough, and I didn’t think sulfur would eradicate them. The mite nymph is still kicking and squirming.

1 Like

There’s the video, so you can see it squirm. Bugs were definitely harmed in the making of this video… that’s a promise :wink:

5 Likes

Well this thread has convinced me that I do infact need a microscope. Phones zoom isn’t strong enough and the 30x lense on my loupe is to small for me to look through.

breath of the beast that got chopped the other night.

2 Likes

It’s a darkfield biological research microscope with high resolution digital optics. The software enables next level integration. Probably the whole getup including liquid cooled computing rig is worth 5000$. But the pictures are worth a million bucks :wink:

3 Likes

here’s a couple of fantasmo shots of a bud leaf. Looks like any other bud leaf to me so far! I can actually tell how far along it is by the trichomes, and it looks like 50% to me.

14 Likes

I head straight to ‘Cannabis microscopy’ when I see it pop up on suggested…

Never disappoints!
:sunglasses: :+1:

Cheers
G

7 Likes

This image of the harlequin is super amazing.

3 Likes

Another crazed image to enjoy! How do you even tell a trichome like this is ready to harvest?

7 Likes

Yum! This sample was rejected as being loaded with… fungus. Aka botrytis. Look at the classic dried out mycelium!

8 Likes

just blow it off, it will be fine…

4 Likes

lol there’s more hairy shit on that bud than on my dogs back.

here’s a bud image from the harlequin that’s not from the node junction. I see regular trichomes! yay!

3 Likes

I did this random sampling of some dudes bud. I only had a tiny scrap! Almost looks like there is some crud on it. Some of these details in the images I’ve seen before, but those filaments are…suspicious.

4 Likes