Cannabis microscopy

Suspicious my ass!

It took me 3 seconds to process what I was looking at…
I’ll bet that was 2.9 longer than it took you! :laughing: :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Looks like pocket lint. I imagine a dude pulling this bud out of his pocket to hand it to you. :rofl:

3 Likes

This image illustrates the importance of seed inspection before planting (or shipping). Seed may harbour pests. A seed wash protocol involving dilute concentrations of hydrogen peroxide or alcohol is recommended.

11 Likes

That looks ominous! Do you know what it is (they are)?

1 Like

definitely an insect sorta looks like spider mite eggs

I noticed the strangest thing. At a microscopic level beyond just 4x objective you can make out strange features. At first glance it looks normal, but in the second photos you can see a “texture” to the trichome stalks. Fascinating!

6 Likes

A couple of thc crystals.

5 Likes

First time I’ve seen that! You reckon they are some form of trichome or what?
Can you post some higher res pics?

BTW, love your work!

2 Likes

Those crystals grew in the rosin press when I was pressing some fresh bubble hash. I took several photos of it! I can take a few more I don’t think I smoked them all yet.

2 Likes

I turned down the light, to try and get rid of the glow. I think I might need to phase contrast these suckers!

5 Likes

Yes, doooo it! It is already looking like Superman’s Fortress of Solitude. :grin:

3 Likes

I have lots of photos too, gimme a bit I’ll post 'em.

3 Likes

You can see I took lots of footage of the broken off crystal laying there.

5 Likes

Wowser Mr. Crowe, that is really something!!!

Your work never fails to impress.

1 Like

ok! Turns out, it’s harder than anyone thought to get the pathogens started. Clearly this is grey mold, and nothing else. Conclusion? After assaulting the plants for 2 months with crazy high humidity, they grew fine but got some grey mold. So for sure, you can get the grey mold on the plants that never get it, if you just keep a humidity above 75% for long periods of time during the grow cycle.

3 Likes

It does look a little different when it’s still alive. When it gets desiccated it’s almost like a thread.

2 Likes

Now this plant, has some unique features. Large trichome heads with extreme variation in the stalk height. Not many trichomes but this is a leaf part not a bud. I will definitely have to image a bud now hah hah. I want to see if there is the same variation in height. I am really impressed with the cap size though, wow in excess of 160 microns/micrometers!

5 Likes

ok looks like the same variation in the stalk. Not as big a trichome cap though on the bud… but you can see the trichomes are still erupting from the surface.

6 Likes

Trichomes are looking… really strange. It’s sparse! Not sure the hash yield is going to be up to snuff, so now I’ve made that prediction lol!

4 Likes

Yeah, may have to take that one as flower only huh?

2 Likes