Cannabis microscopy

lol, you would think that… Except I’m making it into hash anyways, just like all those other garbage plants. The reason is, then I can cross it off the list of hash making candidates. Also, it’ll be a good data grab to go with the microscopic images.

2 Likes

Have you considered doing a jar test? Basically add 10 grams of frozen buds to water and ice in a mason jar. Shake it up for about 20 minutes and look to see how much comes off.

2 Likes

@ReikoX, pls tell us more about the Jar Test? Never heard of that before. What means, "look to see how much comes off" ?

Is that water good for anything after the test?

1 Like

ever heard of “Plant culture” it’s the ;atest thing on cloning and true plant re-generation - have some very good learning site for this

1 Like

My usual test is I get a couple grams of dried buds and cut them up. If it makes a small pile of trichomes when I pick up the plant material and roll it up, that’s a good sign. No pile = bad. Since I have to do “something” with the plant material I’m just going to crank it all into hash. I will do the cutting up the buds test though. Probably tomorrow, I have a small bud drying for that purpose.

3 Likes

yah tissue culture, that’s where dreams go to die.

3 Likes

Pretty much what Joe described. Though I did hear someone recently who used a 37u and a 160u rosin bag to filter out the hash, you could then dry and weigh it if you really wanted a good idea on yield %.

3 Likes

Yah it didn’t look good on the test…but! I’m actually pretty stoked on trying this plant out. The thing is, it’s got some of the largest trichome caps I’ve ever seen.

6 Likes

And you know, I’m sooooo curious to see what the large trichome caps do. I mean… look inside that thing, it’s fascinating! Oh! Forgot to show the measurement lol! Gimme a sec.

5 Likes

yah, wow that was 180 micro meters, lunacy!

9 Likes

I still think you are missing your calling… Cannabis microscopy wall art! Blow those things up to like 3 ’ x 3’. :speak_no_evil: :v:

4 Likes

Yah I should definitely get a huge one done. I have more than enough sweet ass photos, that’s for sure!

Here’s the nuts rosin video I made today with the microscope. Looks like the rosin is some kind of terpene goo mixed with crystals of thca.

5 Likes

Joe, always some interesting stuff with you, weed and your microscope! Keep it coming.

2 Likes

Thanks! I got some horror flicks, now :wink:

I think buddy threw in some pocket lint and random microplastics, just for fun. hah hah!

2 Likes

body snatchers

Unclean!!

…‘I’m triggered’
:scream:
(/S) :laughing:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

wow so the different color wasn’t a hallucination or a digital artifact. It definitely was a different color from the other batches I usually make. Tiny green flecks, but also dark red flecks. You wouldn’t believe the view from behind these new curved monitors, I’m in shock. I’m seeing things at like 10000X magnification now.

4 Likes

Ok, How about a kaleidoscope of trichomes.

2 Likes

Hey now you’re thinking! I can get two different hashes up on the same slide!

Even if that wasn’t what you meant… it was still a really good idea. Check it out!!! I used the same lighting and everything you can see the colors are different.

5 Likes

That is so friggin cool to see!

1 Like